PDA

View Full Version : Graphic card problem.

hotrod4
11-Feb-09, 17:06
I have a PCI-E 256mb graphics card but for some reason my mobo wont pick it up. The guy I bought it from insists it works, but alas it wont work on my mobo.I have an X-force mobo and there technical support is appalling. They say i dont have to change the jumper settings,.Have changed the graphics in the bios to PCI_E but still doesnt work. Anyone willing to take my card and try it in their machine to see if it does work? Any help greatly appreciated.

blueivy
11-Feb-09, 17:12
I have a PCI-E 256mb graphics card but for some reason my mobo wont pick it up. The guy I bought it from insists it works, but alas it wont work on my mobo.I have an X-force mobo and there technical support is appalling. They say i dont have to change the jumper settings,.Have changed the graphics in the bios to PCI_E but still doesnt work. Anyone willing to take my card and try it in their machine to see if it does work? Any help greatly appreciated.

When you startup the machine, you generally get a 'graphic card booting' screen before the POST screen. It tells you the chipset, firmware and memory size (generally). I only buy NVidia and ATI chipset cards and they all do this. If yours doesn't, chances are it's not working.

Sometimes you need to change the BIOS to tell it to use the new card rather than the built in garphics chip.

Where are you based? What is the make and model of the card?

hotrod4
11-Feb-09, 20:41
When you startup the machine, you generally get a 'graphic card booting' screen before the POST screen. It tells you the chipset, firmware and memory size (generally). I only buy NVidia and ATI chipset cards and they all do this. If yours doesn't, chances are it's not working.

Sometimes you need to change the BIOS to tell it to use the new card rather than the built in garphics chip.

Where are you based? What is the make and model of the card?
It is an inno3D Nvidia GE7300 Card. Installed all the drivers.The fan spins on it, so it is getting power.Getting mixed messages from X-force, One guy said the jumpers need changed and another said no just the bios. The bios is set to PCI-E but still wont pick it up.

blueivy
11-Feb-09, 23:34
It is an inno3D Nvidia GE7300 Card. Installed all the drivers.The fan spins on it, so it is getting power.Getting mixed messages from X-force, One guy said the jumpers need changed and another said no just the bios. The bios is set to PCI-E but still wont pick it up.

I've never had to set jumpers on a video card yet.

Do you get the graphics card message when you boot up I mentioned above?