PDA

View Full Version : The end is in sight!

Tugmistress
10-Feb-09, 21:07
For those that don't like our current weather you'll be pleased to know that the end is in sight of this spell.
Come friday morning it'll all start to melt and the weekend temps will feel positively balmy! lol

Kodiak
10-Feb-09, 21:09
WooP!! WooP!! Thank You Tugmistress for this, best news I have had all day. Roll on the weekend and it couldn't happen at a better time with Valentines Day being on Saturday. :D

ShelleyCowie
10-Feb-09, 21:09
OH NO!!!!!!!! :~(

Does that mean no more snow at all Tuggs!???

marlyn
10-Feb-09, 21:10
Do you think that we are likely to get more snow tonight or tomorrow?

Planning ahead - hoping for a day off!!

Tugmistress
10-Feb-09, 21:12
yes i think we'll get a bit more fall over tonight, tomorrow and thursday, though to what amounts i do not know. i may be totally wrong and we get glorious sunshine like yesterday too :roll: :lol:

Tugmistress
10-Feb-09, 21:13
WooP!! WooP!! Thank You Tugmistress for this, best news I have had all day. Roll on the weekend and it couldn't happen at a better time with Valentines Day being on Saturday. :D

i'm not saying it'll be glorious sunshine, in fact it's liable to be piddling down with rain! but it will be warmer ;)

and just as a thought before i go watch a little telly, with all this snow melt and if it does pee it down on saturday, watch out for flooding!

kas
10-Feb-09, 21:16
yes i think we'll get a bit more fall over tonight, tomorrow and thursday, though to what amounts i do not know. i may be totally wrong and we get glorious sunshine like yesterday too :roll: :lol:
I hope so as I never got sledging yet, spent two hours hacking about out with Spike, who is loving it too. I had planned sledging this evening, but the young chill fell and hurt his leg!!! Maybe if he feels better at midnight I will drag him out then.

wickscorrie
10-Feb-09, 21:21
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

watching the next 2 bands coming in, looks like thurso is going to get a shower in the next half hour

A9RUNNER
10-Feb-09, 21:30
bother and I was enjoying this snowy spell too!

dragonfly
10-Feb-09, 21:31
looks like you're spot on Wickscorrie, sky looks full of it again

ShelleyCowie
10-Feb-09, 21:38
YAY! Its Snowing again! :Razz:Razz:Razz

unicorn
10-Feb-09, 21:53
I only just noticed :lol:

ShelleyCowie
10-Feb-09, 21:58
The OH shoveled the path earlier and its covered again! Luckily he is workin now so cana gurn about it!! [lol]

kas
10-Feb-09, 22:12
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

watching the next 2 bands coming in, looks like thurso is going to get a shower in the next half hour

You and me both.

Temp shot up from -3.6 to -0.2 on tuggs website when the shower hit, I hope it drops again as I do not want it to go just yet.

wickscorrie
10-Feb-09, 22:50
see on the radar that there is another *huge blob* of cloud just approaching thurso again wonder if this one will have enough oomph to reach wick,
think in the next 10 mins or so thurso should get some more white stuff

changilass
10-Feb-09, 22:52
The last one reached Castletown so its heading in the right direction

kas
10-Feb-09, 23:04
see on the radar that there is another *huge blob* of cloud just approaching thurso again wonder if this one will have enough oomph to reach wick,
Just coming overhead now and hope it doesnt make the temp jump another 3.5 degrees. A wee bit of a breeze with this one.

ShelleyCowie
10-Feb-09, 23:09
Bring it on! :lol:

wickscorrie
10-Feb-09, 23:13
we had parent's afternoon at the school today and i was in to see the kids teachers, was speaking to the headmaster in the passing and he said that the snow brings out the kid in us, the only prob with me is that i am sure i am still 100% kid especially with snow (& rollercoasters) so when we got home it was straight out to build an igloo we gave up at 6.30 but we are over half way there, so roll on tomorrow

wickscorrie
10-Feb-09, 23:21
http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=uk7dayx7;page=2;type=free;ct=~KW1 %204RF;sess=#forecast

this is another weather site and have just noticed that they are forecasting for the wind to pick up over night, so this may make for some drifting in the morning

ShelleyCowie
10-Feb-09, 23:37

Well ye were spot on! :eek:

Julia
11-Feb-09, 01:01
You and me both.

Temp shot up from -3.6 to -0.2 on tuggs website when the shower hit, I hope it drops again as I do not want it to go just yet.

If it shoots down again that means ice everywhere... :eek:

I can't walk on it, too scared I'm going to fall

Julia
11-Feb-09, 01:03
My weather stations says it -0.4 c just now, there's still heaps of snow everywhere. I can see a phone wire hanging real low with the weight of all the snow, if I had a long enough stick I'd love to give it a whack!

A9RUNNER
11-Feb-09, 02:15
Aye its quite mild tonight I measured minus 10 at this time last night.

Boozeburglar
11-Feb-09, 04:23
Daft to try to pre empt the weather here

Tugmistress
11-Feb-09, 17:28
ok an update, the warmer stuff will be here from aout 6am thursday, thats the last of the snow! unless we get any overnight.

Watch out for snow melt and rain flooding next!

ShelleyCowie
11-Feb-09, 17:41
ok an update, the warmer stuff will be here from aout 6am thursday, thats the last of the snow! unless we get any overnight.

Watch out for snow melt and rain flooding next!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

Take it back tuggs! :~(