PDA

View Full Version : replacement car stereo

Tom Cornwall
10-Feb-09, 15:00
would replacing a Citreon factory-fitted stereo (broken) with a none Citreon JVC stereo be likely to cause a situation where my warning sensor lights come on...this has only started when I replaced the radio...it's only intermittent just now and it doesn't cause any problems when driving the car but it gives me a bit of a fright when driving along and all the warning lights come on...is it liable to be causing some problems which are not visible just now...thanks in anticip

EDDIE
14-Feb-09, 18:16
would replacing a Citreon factory-fitted stereo (broken) with a none Citreon JVC stereo be likely to cause a situation where my warning sensor lights come on...this has only started when I replaced the radio...it's only intermittent just now and it doesn't cause any problems when driving the car but it gives me a bit of a fright when driving along and all the warning lights come on...is it liable to be causing some problems which are not visible just now...thanks in anticip

What u have to watch out for is some cars need the original radio in the car because thats part of the running of the car now its all in the design of modern cars you have to take it to the dealer for them to put it on the computer to fix the days were you can swap things and have a go at fixing the electrics on cars is gone.If your engine management light is on u have to get it fixed or it could cause problems.I think the word they use for when your enginemanagement light comes on is called limp mode it gives u time to get to the garage get it fixed which u should because for all you no if u have put on a different radio u might have upset the electronics and you could run a risk of damaging the managment computer or it might be as simple fault like the error codes needs clearing u have to get the car put on a diagnostic machine to determine the fault

Tom Cornwall
16-Feb-09, 14:48
What u have to watch out for is some cars need the original radio in the car because thats part of the running of the car now its all in the design of modern cars you have to take it to the dealer for them to put it on the computer to fix the days were you can swap things and have a go at fixing the electrics on cars is gone.If your engine management light is on u have to get it fixed or it could cause problems.I think the word they use for when your enginemanagement light comes on is called limp mode it gives u time to get to the garage get it fixed which u should because for all you no if u have put on a different radio u might have upset the electronics and you could run a risk of damaging the managment computer or it might be as simple fault like the error codes needs clearing u have to get the car put on a diagnostic machine to determine the fault

I took it to get diagnosticised(he! he!) but they couldn't find anything ...they say poss a dry joint or something similar...and left it at that