PDA

View Full Version : Taking driving test !

ice box
11-Feb-06, 01:13
14 Things to do While Taking a Driver's Test http://www.riddlesandjokes.com/images/spacer.gif (http://www.riddlesandjokes.com/admin/editjoke.php?id=800)

14 Things to do While Taking a Driver's Test

1. Turn the radio on. When the tester goes to turn it off slap his/her hand.

2. Rev the car really high, turn to the tester, and say with an evil look, "buckle up!"
3. Come dressed in a suit. Before the examiner gets in the car, ask him/her to put a piece of saran wrap down so he doesn't dirty the seat.
4. When the examiner tells you to stop, pop the hood clutch and say "oops".
5. Get in the car, look down at the pedals, and say, "now which one is the gas again?"
6. After the examiner gets in the car, pop the hood, and get out and check the oil.
7. Fill your car with beer bottles.
8. The whole time driving, talk about how Aunt Gertrude smells like mothballs.
9. Tell the Registrar that you are taking the remedial test.
10. In the middle of driving, put your arm around the examiner.
11. Swear at everybody on the road.
12. When you stop at a light, start revving the engine while looking back and forth between the person next to you and the light.
13. Beep your horn at everything.
14. Break off your rear-view mirror and then ask the examiner to hold it up.

hope u pass lol[lol] [lol] [lol]

krieve
11-Feb-06, 01:15
Lmao that was funny icebox lol

Saveman
11-Feb-06, 01:16
I love these kind of things.....brilliant! LOL :lol:

Geo
11-Feb-06, 01:47
Brilliant, if only you'd posted this last month!

On second thoughts... :)

wickerinca
11-Feb-06, 17:03
Great one icebox[lol] [lol]

Tymey
11-Feb-06, 17:14
Brilliant, if only you'd posted this last month!

On second thoughts... :)

Congrats Geo!

Hilarious Icebox! :lol:

paris
11-Feb-06, 19:30
Really funny icebox !

Sketch
11-Feb-06, 22:00
Ey up Geo! Glad you didn't read this before your test! i like having a rear view mirror in my car! had someone adjust it before and pulled it off with the reply of do you need this ! lol. So how's life on the open road?

.......... If at the end of a driving test the examiner asks a candidate why they signalled right at the roundabout but went straight ahead, tell him you signalled right to let everyone know that you wasn't turning left ............. or as one driving instructor did during his driving test to become an instructor put his arm out of the window and pointed over the roof to the left to indicate to turn left.

and if you think learners can be daft on there test us instructors do daft things too! my mrs still laughs at me winding the window up with my head still in it! i'll never live that one down! i have a few more but i'll blush, lol

If anyone has got any funny, real stories about a driving test i would to hear them!

Saveman
11-Feb-06, 22:36
Is it true someone failed before the instructor got in the car because he beaped the horn to attract the instructors attention or something similiar?

rich62_uk
12-Feb-06, 08:01
If anyone has got any funny, real stories about a driving test i would to hear them!

My sister did hers in her slippers and passed. She also stalled the car at lights fluttered her hands in the air and said "oh I have forgotten what to do" and he TOLD her, she is an awful driver and now drives a bus !

Another one again many many years ago....Must be careful with this one and not name names, a friend of a friend of my dads passed the test for his brother in law who had failed several times.

My driving test was going fairly well and then the driving instructor said "OK now we are going to do an emergency stop, I will tap twice on the dash board and I will expect you to stop as fast as possible please". So along I go very happy as I know how to do this and wait for the tap on the dash board, sure enough ....tap tap..... and I wham on the brakes fast and also slam my arm across his chest pushing him back into his seat :) , he shouts "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?" I wondered what his problem was as I knew I hadn't done anything wrong I had seen them do this on TV hundreds of time, amazingly he passed me......Trish.

Alice in Blunderland
12-Feb-06, 10:44
A friend of the family sat her test one lovely morning when the test centre was still on the hill overlooking the harbour.She was doing wonderfully,gets in the car, fiddles with the mirror,remembers it all text book

mirrors,signal ,manouver (scuse the spelling )shes doing wonderfully as she turns the corner only to be interupted by the testor asking when she intends to start the engine .she had freewheeled the whole way down the road....another young friend of ours when he sat his test he made a blunder right at the beginning and thought oh well might as well make this fun he gave the testor the run of his life round the town and spun the tyres screeched the brakes so on and so on you get the picture needless to say every time he went up for his test in Wick he failed...cant think why???He eventually passed a good while later....in Inverness, his card was marked in Wick.

fred
12-Feb-06, 11:32
.......... If at the end of a driving test the examiner asks a candidate why they signalled right at the roundabout but went straight ahead, tell him you signalled right to let everyone know that you wasn't turning left ............. or as one driving instructor did during his driving test to become an instructor put his arm out of the window and pointed over the roof to the left to indicate to turn left.

Here is a point you might be able to help with, turning right at a cross-roads.

When I took my test if two cars going in opposite directions were both turning right they went round the back of each other, works perfect every time. Then
some years ago I started getting drivers turning in front of me which I called "silly people" or words to that effect.

Checking in the Highway Code I now see that you can decide for yourself which method you use, isn't that a bit silly, I mean what if one of you decides to do it one way and the other person decides to do it the other way?

The junction of Thurso St and Francis St in Wick is a nightmare now, the junction is obviously staggered and going round the back is the thing to do but you still get people turning in front of you as often as not. It's got to the stage where I try and judge the age of the person coming the other way to get an idea of what they are likely to do.

elaine
12-Feb-06, 12:51
On my first test I had just turn the corner to go down Kennedy Terrace and there was a dirty great bin lorry parked in the middle of the road. *thinks - "Oh no, oh no, oh no, what do I do? Right they are probably just about to drive off" So I pulled up RIGHT behind it and waited...1 min....2 mins... 3mins... then I looked to my right and they were both standing in someones back garden having a cuppa! "ohno ohno ohno" 4 mins.. 5 mins.... maybe longer - felt like it - until he said "ok move round it, in your own time"
What a tube I felt!

Failed - undue hesitancy - gutted. lol

Sketch
12-Feb-06, 17:32
When I took my test if two cars going in opposite directions were both turning right they went round the back of each other, works perfect every time. Then
some years ago I started getting drivers turning in front of me which I called "silly people" or words to that effect.
Checking in the Highway Code I now see that you can decide for yourself which method you use, isn't that a bit silly, I mean what if one of you decides to do it one way and the other person decides to do it the other way?.

Hi ! in respect of the Thurso st junction,because it's staggered, the best and safest way is to pass around the back of each other driver to driver side but this would largely depend on the size and type of vehicles negotiating the cross road. If it is just two standard cars i would suggest around the back of each other,otherwise as the highway code book suggests assess the situation at the time. Making eye contact and giving correct signals,approach speeds all play a contributing factor to avoding a two fingered salute lol.

Larger vehicle are best treated with respect as they can not carry out the same passing manoeuvre. I find it alot easier to be the one who is prepered to give others the space,alot less stress for me and simpler for them!

from mr instructor gray

Sketch
12-Feb-06, 17:53
Is it true someone failed before the instructor got in the car because he beaped the horn to attract the instructors attention or something similiar?

Probably a bit before I arrived in Wick so not heard of this one.It's unlikely someone would fail for this though.

Love hearing all the stories, I think the one about free wheeling the car is funny! at least she remebered to check the mirrors while doing it lol!

Keep the stories coming!