PDA

View Full Version : Why do you need to know?

joxville
08-Feb-09, 20:07
The recent thread on men v women got me thinking of our differences but one thing above all others stands out and it's this: Why do you need to know what we are thinking? It brings back the memory of a rather long and tedious journey on one of British Snails finest cross country trips.

Sitting quietly reading, whilst I stared out the window, my female companion asked an hour into the journey "What are you thinking?" I responded by saying she really didn't want to know. Yet she persisted for several minutes to the point that I had to tell her, "I was wondering how many miles of fencing there are across the UK". Not exactly Earth shattering stuff but the look of disgust/incredulity/amazement/puzzlement was on to behold, also the look that said, "I wish I never asked". She shook her head and picked up her book.

The question is, not why I/we get these strange thoughts, but why do you need to know what I/we're thinking?

JAWS
08-Feb-09, 20:27
Sounds a perfectly reasonable thought to me, Jox. Now you have got me thinking about all the thousands upon thousands of miles of wire that has to appear to go between all the fence posts.

ShelleyCowie
08-Feb-09, 20:33
Its intreaging (spelling) to know what other people are thinking! I dont tend to ask what people are thinking but tend to tell people what i am thinking!! I am far from shy so will just blurt out anything!

I do get some strange thoughts though! Like words baffle me! Why is grass called grass...why is it green? Who thought to call the colour green...green?! Who thought to think to call the grass green?

Get me?! [lol]

Metalattakk
08-Feb-09, 20:35
It's all to do with female insecurities, Jox. They need to know that we think about them all the time, and that they're far, far, far more important to us than say, how many miles of fencing there is across the land.

Any time the wife asks me that question, I say 'football'. Mainly 'cos it's true.

Alice in Blunderland
08-Feb-09, 20:42
It's all to do with female insecurities, Jox. They need to know that we think about them all the time, and that they're far, far, far more important to us than say, how many miles of fencing there is across the land.

Any time the wife asks me that question, I say 'football'. Mainly 'cos it's true.

Insecurities :roll: no way its an excuse we females use to bring our day dreaming males back to planet earth down from whatever cloud they've been floating on........................... :lol:

What are you thinking ??? translates as .......... HELLO earth calling daydreaming male :Razz

joxville
08-Feb-09, 21:22
Its intreaging (spelling) to know what other people are thinking! I dont tend to ask what people are thinking but tend to tell people what i am thinking!! I am far from shy so will just blurt out anything!

I do get some strange thoughts though! Like words baffle me! Why is grass called grass...why is it green? Who thought to call the colour green...green?! Who thought to think to call the grass green?

Get me?! [lol]

That's it Shelley, you got it. We're spiritually-related idiot twins!!!!!![lol]

Where did the word kitchen come from? Why is called the kitchen and who decided it? There's many more in my head. :)

ShelleyCowie
08-Feb-09, 21:32
That's it Shelley, you got it. We're spiritually-related idiot twins!!!!!![lol]

Where did the word kitchen come from? Why is called the kitchen and who decided it? There's many more in my head. :)

Ahh i love it! My OH thinks am just pure weird the way i come out with these things! He is the one to ask me what im thinking and i come out with something like that and he is completely baffled as to how i come up with these things!

And the words like ghosts...just say it over and over! It sounds so weird! Many more are hosts, toasts, boasts! Lol! [lol]

Metalattakk
08-Feb-09, 21:40

The English word "kitchen" comes from the Latin coquere, meaning to cook.

Blame the Romans. :)