PDA

View Full Version : Snowy Lybster

Seabird
08-Feb-09, 16:20
These were taken Saturday.
Snow is now well compacted and a lot of the side streets are a nightmare.
Although the pavements were salted on Saturday morning the snow is showing no sign of melting.
Harbour Road
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e307/seabird72/Scenic/Lybsterd7-2-09.jpg
Harbour
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e307/seabird72/Scenic/Lybsterf7-2-09.jpg

Mystical Potato Head
08-Feb-09, 18:39
Lovely shot of the harbour.

kas
08-Feb-09, 19:54
Yes thats a cracker. Now imagine if you saw some Belugas whilst up there you would be jumping for joy then texting me, unlikely I know but I can dream.

arana negra
08-Feb-09, 21:04
Ohhh all wrapped up and out for a walk, got a bit far to go here to get snow mind you we have had a lot more in the country than normal !

I like them both :)

wicker05
08-Feb-09, 21:26
Got to agree, nice shot of the harbour seabird

North Light
08-Feb-09, 22:12
Seabird,
Agree with above, the Harbour shot is first class.

tjc
09-Feb-09, 14:17
Yip... another vote for the harbour shot here too.

It`s a cracker. :)

Average
09-Feb-09, 17:39
Nice to see shots of the old place.

Dont know if the op is looking for critiques but if he is it would be better if they were accurate and not just "first class" and "its a cracker". The harbour shot is ok the horizon is annoyingly wonky.

Seabird
09-Feb-09, 20:24
Nice to see shots of the old place.

Dont know if the op is looking for critiques but if he is it would be better if they were accurate and not just "first class" and "its a cracker". The harbour shot is ok the horizon is annoyingly wonky.

I agree. bad framing on my part.
I normally check the horizon before taking a pic. (very rare that i use a tripod)

Average
09-Feb-09, 21:09
I agree. bad framing on my part.
I normally check the horizon before taking a pic. (very rare that i use a tripod)

Its something we all do. It must be the most common mistake with landscape shots.

Isn't the harbour looking quiet these days. I remember jumping off the quey and wall around the lighthouse. And my dad terrifying us by driving the car way to close to the edge.

arana negra
10-Feb-09, 11:05
Maybe I am wrong (frequently I am) but I thought this section of the org was for folks just posting their photographs to show others. If they want critique on them they won't get any from me as I am no where near enough qualified to comment on them. I like a place to simply view what others take and choose to show us, I really enjoy popping in here to be reminded of places in Scotland I have seen or would like to one day. if I post in this section I would

Maybe if folks do want critique there could be a sub section where if you post you are expecting comments on all the element of photography. I have found on 'photography' forums some folks just take the opportunity to rip others to pieces, fogetting that we all started at some time and we all travel the road at different speeds, have different levels we are happy at and not interested in some aspects of photography. Some folks also need to remember that just because you own A camera not matter what make, how many lenses it will NOT auotmatically mean you are any better at it than others. We all see things differently and have our own reasons for taking a photograph.

Scunner
10-Feb-09, 15:47
I agree so much with the last post. I'm an aim and click person. If it works fine, if not too bad.

mrs and mr brown
10-Feb-09, 16:04
what lovely photos, i used to live in lybster so its nice to see what the harbour still looks like, i remember when we were all small jumping off the harbour walls ect on a hot summers day, walking down the big hill was lovely but omg walking back up it especially when sun burnt was a nightmare, lol

Average
10-Feb-09, 17:35
Maybe I am wrong (frequently I am) but I thought this section of the org was for folks just posting their photographs to show others. If they want critique on them they won't get any from me as I am no where near enough qualified to comment on them. I like a place to simply view what others take and choose to show us, I really enjoy popping in here to be reminded of places in Scotland I have seen or would like to one day. if I post in this section I would

Maybe if folks do want critique there could be a sub section where if you post you are expecting comments on all the element of photography. I have found on 'photography' forums some folks just take the opportunity to rip others to pieces, fogetting that we all started at some time and we all travel the road at different speeds, have different levels we are happy at and not interested in some aspects of photography.

Do you want to stop members saying "lovely shot" and "ooh thats a belter" etc or just stop folk who may have noticed something which, in their opinion, may improve the shot.

Some folks also need to remember that just because you own A camera not matter what make, how many lenses it will NOT auotmatically mean you are any better at it than others. We all see things differently and have our own reasons for taking a photograph.

Would you like give examples of where someone has said they are better than others? Cause I haven't seen that on this forum.

arana negra
10-Feb-09, 18:13
I do not want to stop anyone from anything. This is a public forum and as such folks will do what they want. I simply said as an idea maybe if folk wanted critique on the photographs then maybe a seperate section would be an idea. That way the members that want to simply post for others to see can do so without fear of somebody elses opinion as to how it could have been improved. On the photography forums I have used I see many new posters, new comers to photography get the their efforts ripped to pieces by someone who thinks they know how it should be. I have no problem with constructive criticisim on focus horizon and compostion, but dislike how some folks seem to want to tell you just how it should be done without knowing what you intentions were when taking your photograph.

Your second quote from my post does not refer to any site in particular nor person/s. I do not say I have seen it here.