PDA

View Full Version : Girl Dies Inside Washing Machine

alanabain
04-Feb-09, 19:36
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090204/twl-girl-dies-inside-washing-machine-3fd0ae9.html

Not sure what anybody else thinks, and i believe in accidents, but the door must have been pushed shut somehow ( cannot be done inside the machine surely ) and its an awful coincidence that the boy was there switched it on and his sister happened to be inside.

I feel for the parents honest i do... and im sure its genuine, im sure its unbelieveable to them to.

Makes you think how things like this can happen tho.

Kodiak
04-Feb-09, 19:50
There is nothing anyone can say to this, I am at a loss for words and I can not imagine what her Parents are feeling right now. Sad, it really is SAD !!:(

alanabain
04-Feb-09, 19:53
There is nothing anyone can say to this, I am at a loss for words and I can not imagine what her Parents are feeling right now. Sad, it really is SAD !!:(

I know what you mean. I think this will wake people up to exactly what can be at risk sometimes. We tell kids not to go near roads, not to climb up roofs, dont put things in their mouths.

When a simple household appliance can cause heartache like this.

ett23
04-Feb-09, 19:55
It just makes you want to cry. Imagine walking into the kitchen to find your 4 yr old daughter tumbling round in the washing machine while it's filling up with water. :~( The kind of thing nightmares are made of.

I have a bit of an overactive imagination at times and can reenact scenes in my head where my children or hubby are killed really tragically. Never imagined this kind of scenario though(wouldn't have thought a 4yr old could fit in a washing-machine) but probably won't be able to get it out of my mind now..... I have a daughter who turns 4 this year. I totally feel for the parents - so sad......:~(

unicorn
04-Feb-09, 20:50
I must say I have always used the child lock function on all my washing machines and always leave the door closed.
This is a very tragic accident and an awful thing to happen to any family.

alanabain
04-Feb-09, 20:57
I must say I have always used the child lock function on all my washing machines and always leave the door closed.
This is a very tragic accident and an awful thing to happen to any family.

I had that function on my previous machine, not on this one i have now tho,

Mine is constantly filled with washing anyway and my wee boy isnt really that wee to fit in it. also it is plugged in above the counter with my kettle so its easy to just switch off. ( lack of plugs in high ormlie )

I do wonder how the tot managed to fit in the bowl but then it might have been an industrial size one that we see americans have alot.

ShelleyCowie
04-Feb-09, 21:00
That is an awful story! :(

But my washing machine is usually full too :roll: so no way anything is going in there. I did catch the cat trying to get in to the tumble dryer once! I was taking clothes out and folding them, turned my back to put stuff down. Went back to get more clothes and there he was...what a cat!!!

teenybash
04-Feb-09, 21:23
The thought of what this wee child went through maked me shiver..........what a sad, sad tragedy...............no words to express more.:~(

butterfly
04-Feb-09, 21:27
this is really sad,must be awful for family,what a hellish death:(

George Brims
04-Feb-09, 23:06
This is all the more sad because the front-loading washing machines are only just starting to become popular in the US, so I don't think many people are aware of their danger to small kids. This wee one's sad fate may save others though. It is all over the news here. Apparently it was her wee brother who switched the machine on. She died of a blow to the head from tumbling around.

Liz
04-Feb-09, 23:11
Poor wee mite. I am sure it is not something any parent would expect to happen so wouldn't think of warning their children.

Very sad.

Sarah
05-Feb-09, 16:52
That's awful, tradgic, although I do wonder how on earth it happened.

unicorn
05-Feb-09, 19:39
Sometimes kids just don't see the danger and want to enjoy an adventure sadly.
This reminds me of a real tanning I got when young for encouraging my friend to get into a cement mixer and whirling her round.....:eek:
I didn't know or think it would hurt her it just seemed like fun.