PDA

View Full Version : ASHP Recommendations/Guidance

lazytown
03-Feb-09, 22:16
Hi folks,
I am thinking of installing ASHP (Air Source Heat Pump) in the house, has any one got one installed? or What are your thoughts on this technology?

With CoP rating of 3+ (1Kilowatt in for 3+ Kilowatts out) it seems a very efficient way of heating your home.

Yes I know GSHP's are better but I dont have the room to install the pipe works or putting in bore holes.

S&LHEN
03-Feb-09, 22:23
This is very efficient we got it put into our community hall and it saved us a fortune the heat is amazing its not stuffy like electric heating can be. The only down side is its quite pricey to install and when something goes wrong with it unless theres someone local then you have to wait for one of their installers to arrive. But im going on an example from 4 years ago and then it was a relatively new heating system.:D Im pretty sure they will have ironed out the problems with it by now.

Stargazer
03-Feb-09, 23:27
How much your system will cost?

There is a good technical discussion on ASHPs here. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=702257

lazytown
03-Feb-09, 23:44
Hi Stargazer,
Thanks for the link on MSE, I have been following a few threads on there about ASHP's.
The System I am planning is:

Trianco Activair to provide Hotwater and Heat the Radiators(they won't be hot, but enough to take the chill out of the air in the bedrooms)

For the rest of the House I am looking at
Mitsubishi Heavy Industrial SCM60-ZG Multi Inverter 3 x 3.5 kW room system

Costs I am looking around £1000 for the trianco and £2000 for the mitsubishi plus installation costs. The trianco system I could probably do myself as it is a pre-charged sealed system(swapping one boiler for another). The Mistubishi, I will need to get get some one like northern refridgeration to do that part.