PDA

View Full Version : Mr Brown & Lord Mandelson in Distress ??

Kodiak
03-Feb-09, 17:17
At a Ceremony with the Chinese Chinese premier Wen Jiabao, Mr Brown & Lord Mandelson must have been in Distress. The reason being is that on the table there was the Union Flag but it was Upside Down. Flying the Union Flag is a Distress signal, so were they seeking help and what was their Distress.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7866938.stm

K

percy toboggan
03-Feb-09, 18:49
'Mandy Antoinnette' will soon be in distress for real if he keeps urging workers to go abroad to level the employment playing field and head off the current unrest.

Why should any man have to work half way across the continent to provide a living wage for his family? At a time when family life is being vaunted and is to be encouraged this is a scandal. What do politicians have to gain from a malleable, convoluted and scattered labour force? - Everything. 'Let them eat Cake' uttered Mary...'let them work in Gdanskfor £500 a week' mutters Mandy. He's a creep and should be thoroughly ashamed of himself.

The lads of the Auf Wiedersehen era went abroad because they were desperate, not because they wanted to work abroad. Such measures take their toll on most families involved. Whereas mioney isn't everything...the sound of Dad's key in the door on a fairly regular basis invariably amounts to much more.

davie
03-Feb-09, 19:55
I am at a loss as regards this 'Lord' Manlebum'. Where did he come from ?. The last politcal parasite with a similiar name was surely drummed out of government twice for his bent habits and I dont mean his shirtlifting activities. Have we had a general election while I was away ?.

TBH
03-Feb-09, 20:40
'Mandy Antoinnette' will soon be in distress for real if he keeps urging workers to go abroad to level the employment playing field and head off the current unrest.

Why should any man have to work half way across the continent to provide a living wage for his family? At a time when family life is being vaunted and is to be encouraged this is a scandal. What do politicians have to gain from a malleable, convoluted and scattered labour force? - Everything. 'Let them eat Cake' uttered Mary...'let them work in Gdanskfor £500 a week' mutters Mandy. He's a creep and should be thoroughly ashamed of himself.

The lads of the Auf Wiedersehen era went abroad because they were desperate, not because they wanted to work abroad. Such measures take their toll on most families involved. Whereas mioney isn't everything...the sound of Dad's key in the door on a fairly regular basis invariably amounts to much more.£500 a week in Gdansk? Things have improved over there but not that much as the average wage is about £300 per month.

scorrie
03-Feb-09, 21:22
I am at a loss as regards this 'Lord' Manlebum'. Where did he come from ?. The last politcal parasite with a similiar name was surely drummed out of government twice for his bent habits and I dont mean his shirtlifting activities. Have we had a general election while I was away ?.

I think you'll find it's the same guy.

Fly
04-Feb-09, 00:45
Not surprised they are in distress as perhaps they are beginning to realise their time on the gravy train is now limited due to the mess they have made of things. It also shows how little they care or know about their own country if they did not know the flag was upside down.[disgust]

JAWS
04-Feb-09, 01:31
Yes, I loved that bit of advice from Mandy as well.

I suppose if somebody said their house had been broken into and all the furniture stolen he would just shrug and tell them to go and steal somebody else's furniture.

In the days of Auf Wiedersehen, Pet West Germany had full employment and workers were in short supply there. The situation is slightly different now, most countries have rising unemployment and everybody running round Europe taking one another's jobs won't solve matters it will just spread the resentment all round.

That is not a solution to the problem, it is the recipe for complete disaster which will undoubtedly result in outbreaks of violence.
And that is something I certainly do not want to see.

percy toboggan
04-Feb-09, 18:17
Yes, I loved that bit of advice from Mandy as well.

I suppose if somebody said their house had been broken into and all the furniture stolen he would just shrug and tell them to go and steal somebody else's furniture.

In the days of Auf Wiedersehen, Pet West Germany had full employment and workers were in short supply there. The situation is slightly different now, most countries have rising unemployment and everybody running round Europe taking one another's jobs won't solve matters it will just spread the resentment all round.

That is not a solution to the problem, it is the recipe for complete disaster which will undoubtedly result in outbreaks of violence.
And that is something I certainly do not want to see.

Public acclamation for Jaws here....this is a shot of common sense and a well informed destruction of Mandelson's philosophy.
Well said.