PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision.

TRUCKER
01-Feb-09, 10:30
What does people think of the song choosen for the eurovision song contest. I think its ok but it wont win it.

Gizmo
01-Feb-09, 10:56
It was bloomin awful, the music was typical pompus Lloyd Webber and the lyrics were awful, i would have expected much better from Diane Warren, it has zero chance of winning.

Nibbler
01-Feb-09, 11:11
I think the whole eurovision contest is a political farce now. It doesn't really matter what the song is like as we dont get any votes regardless of quality.

To my way of thinking, to be fair, all entrants need to perform without anyone knowing what country they are representing. This is the only way for the Eurovision contest to be a real contest. At the mo, it is a case of you scratch my back and I will scratch yours.

This is just my opinion and getting back to your question Trucker - no, I didn't watch it so have nothing to say on the choice of song. It could be amazing but it will still receive little or no votes.

Bazeye
01-Feb-09, 11:11
The way the voting is so obviously rigged it doesnt matter how good the song is, we will not win it. And do you know what? I dont care one jot.

Mik.M.
01-Feb-09, 11:45
The way the voting is so obviously rigged it doesnt matter how good the song is, we will not win it. And do you know what? I dont care one jot.
Have to agree,total waste of time. This thread has been done to death before. Whats next? The Mart site? This site seems to go in circles lately.

anneoctober
01-Feb-09, 12:38
unhappy that Jade won, only because it won't do her budding career any good. The twins did the best version that MIGHT have won, plus the "twins" element that Andrew kept going on about. :roll: Y O NUMI NIL POINTS........................:evil

balto
01-Feb-09, 12:54
doesnt matter how brilliant the song is, the united kingdom wont win or get anywhere near the top of the leader board, as it has all to do with politics nowt else.

Bad Manners
01-Feb-09, 13:52
we started with a little hope of winning. we sat through all the raving of ALW on the progress of the contestants and being built up to finally having a song that just might give us a chance of not being last and he comes up with that. at best it sounds like a fill in song for one of his musicals something he would come up with in a ten minuite coffee break.
for me the twins made the best attempt at this lack luster song.
Can we come anthing other than last prob not.

butterfly
01-Feb-09, 20:15
[quote=Nibbler;494281]to my way of thinking, to be fair, all entrants need to perform without anyone knowing what country they are representing. This is the only way for the Eurovision contest to be a real contest. At the mo, it is a case of you scratch my back and I will scratch yours.

that would be fairer but it will never happen.i never watch it cause the music for our country is always rubbish and the voting rigged.

veritas
01-Feb-09, 20:57
Its time Britain and the old Eurovsion members reformed and allowed all the eastern europeans to have their own pathetic narrow minded competion. where they can all vote for their friends regardless of the song.

Greece can vote for Cyprus all the balkains can vote for each other as can all the old Soviet Countries. after all what in the H@#l is Russia etc doing in the competion most of Russia is in Asia. They only want Briatin. France Germany etc because they put most of the money into the show that why we never have to qualify. We shoulkd have 4 entries from Britain then we could vote for each other like the balkains

Geo
01-Feb-09, 21:46
Is the reason the UK gets so few votes not because we keep putting in rubbish songs or as in a recent comp putting in an awful performance? When we have had a decent song it has received votes even with the obvious you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours voting.

ett23
02-Feb-09, 00:03
I used to love watching Eurovision when we used to stand more chance of winning but recently we've had 'nil point' or very few. It is a complete load of nonsense all to do with politics these days and the songs that are voted for and eventually win are RUBBISH!!! The ones I really liked were the least likely to get votes and the ones at the top of the leaderboard were the ones where I kind of sat there and stared with my mouth open in complete horror (what are they wearing?, what are they singing about?/what a load of trash!!). The only enjoyable part these days is Terry Wogan's commentary. But anyway i just don't watch it now - it's a total waste of time!! :mad:
Rant over.

butterfly
02-Feb-09, 02:06
[quote=ett23;494762]what a load of trash!!). The only enjoyable part these days is Terry Wogan's commentary.

spot on again ett23![lol]

laguna2
02-Feb-09, 08:45
[quote=ett23;494762]what a load of trash!!). The only enjoyable part these days is Terry Wogan's commentary.

spot on again ett23![lol]

Only one problem there ... Terry ain't doing it any more so we can't even enjoy his quips!