PDA

View Full Version : Warning - eggs

badger
31-Jan-09, 18:42
On a lighter note - the Happy Egg Company, showing proper concern for their customers, have a warning inside the lid of their 6-egg boxes

"Allergy advice - contains egg" .

Think there might be a few complaints if they didn't.

Wonder what's inside their 10-egg boxes which don't have that warning? :eek:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1127224/Beware-The-daft-egg-box-warning-contents-contain-eggs.html

JAWS
31-Jan-09, 20:45
Yup, the panic over warning people about every possibility of every kind of the slightest danger which might possibly cause a minor problem on one occasion somewhere in the world has beco9me farcical.

Sleeping Pills are my favourite - DANGER, may cause drowsiness!!! Never! Wow!

I did hear a while ago, though I cannot confirm it, that the latest crop of proposed warnings concerning food are so massive that they won’t fit on the packaging.

Buy a piece of electrical equipment and what do you get? A fifty page booklet with warnings such as “Do not use under water”. “Avoid using in temperatures below minus 200 degrees”.
You search for hours for how it actually works and some where hidden on page forty-nine it says - “Plug in – Switch on!” Thank you, that is all I needed to know in the first place.

TBH
31-Jan-09, 22:57
This is a favourite, "Remove occupants from the stroller before folding it."[lol]

badger
31-Jan-09, 23:05
At least it gives us a giggle. When I bought a petrol strimmer a friend was showing me how to start it when I noticed the manual said no-one else should be within 30m. when starting. I suppose he could have instructed me by phone from the next field :) . Did make me a bit nervous though - how dangerous are they?

JAWS
01-Feb-09, 01:54
And the latest silly warning comes courtesy of Asda, “Allergy advice – contains milk”.
Quite correct, bottles of milk usually do. :roll: