PDA

View Full Version : Money for terrorist Families

hotrod4
28-Jan-09, 18:31
Notice on the news that EVERY person killed by the "troubles" will be entitled to Receieve £12,000 each. Sounds like a good idea until you find out that even IRA terrorists will get this money!!!!! Its like rewarding them for being scum.I can understand they want to be seen as equal and Fair but c'mon these guys were trying to kill people!!!

Heres the link: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/troubles-killersrsquo-families-in-line-for-pound12000-payout-14154122.html

gillian17
28-Jan-09, 18:34
Human Rights mate There will be someone sat in Brussels saying "That is how you have to do it" xx

celtic 302
28-Jan-09, 18:41
these guys were trying to kill people!!!

And we were doing what?

percy toboggan
28-Jan-09, 18:46
I don't think IRA terrorists (or Loyalist terrorists) were 'scum'
I do think some of them were brutal and callous murderers in the name of a cause which will probably one day be realised.It's well on the way.
I do not agree with murder in the cause of nationalism.

'Scum' is a term I reserve for immoral low-life...not conniving, plotting committed murderers committed to a cause and with an end 'game'. (poor term but it's all I have). If not 'scum' how about 'bombers and slaughterers of innocents who also deserved to die in the name of the cause they so vehemently supported'?

Neither do I think that - at this distance- monetary 'recognition' to any victim of the troubles is appropriate. Anyway - how does one value a life for goodness sake?

This is but one small part of a lengthy report and the one the press have focussed on. As soon as money is introduced it alters the whole dynamic of any healing process.

I think innocent victims relatives would be a far, far worthier recipient of cash than terrorists but if it were me I wouldn't want money. Blood money....especially if it meant the killers families were also going to profit (I still do not think them 'scum')

Any money - and I'm told this would cost £40 million should be put towards community projects to bring the old warring factions together. There is still much work to be done and this divisive proposal will only delaytthe process of reconcilliation.

I can't bring meself to call any of the parties in this long struggle 'scum' though...sorry. Murdering barstewards perhaps.

bekisman
28-Jan-09, 19:37
Suppose the one's that flew the aircraft into those buildings on 9/11 will be next?

teenybash
28-Jan-09, 20:38
This proposal was ill thought out and anyone who claims to have even half a working brain would have known that this would provoke anger within the peoples of N.I. no matter their persuasion.
I think this is an idea from some mindless do gooder who knows very little about the real lives and times of the Irish and what they have endured and sacrificed to try and live peaceably. Tis no more than a peacemeal offering that was not asked for in the first place............let the money go to the many good causes that are desperate for funding.

hotrod4
28-Jan-09, 21:45
And we were doing what?
I'm not sure who you mean by "we"?
If you mean The British forces, RUC etc then they were doing their job by protecting the people from these "Scum" (Yes percy they are scum).
They were acting according to the law which these brutal monsters dont abide by.Most law abiding people in ulster would agree on payouts for those killed by terrorists (and that includes those bloody sunday victims) but i cant see justifying paying out to people who were killed while BREAKING THE LAW and trying to take human life.
If as Percy says they were dying for a cause they believed in then they shouldnt accept the queens coin after all their cause wouldnt allow this would it?

Bazeye
28-Jan-09, 23:44
Why stop at the troubles in NI ? What about the descendents of the Argies who died in 82 or Germans who were killed during WW 2 or the French who can trace their ancestry back to Agincourt? Where do we draw the line..? Jesus wept , the person/committee who come up with this havent got the brains they were born with..:roll:

scorrie
29-Jan-09, 00:35
I don't think IRA terrorists (or Loyalist terrorists) were 'scum'
I do think some of them were brutal and callous murderers in the name of a cause which will probably one day be realised.It's well on the way.
I do not agree with murder in the cause of nationalism.

'Scum' is a term I reserve for immoral low-life...not conniving, plotting committed murderers committed to a cause and with an end 'game'. (poor term but it's all I have). If not 'scum' how about 'bombers and slaughterers of innocents who also deserved to die in the name of the cause they so vehemently supported'?

Neither do I think that - at this distance- monetary 'recognition' to any victim of the troubles is appropriate. Anyway - how does one value a life for goodness sake?

This is but one small part of a lengthy report and the one the press have focussed on. As soon as money is introduced it alters the whole dynamic of any healing process.

I think innocent victims relatives would be a far, far worthier recipient of cash than terrorists but if it were me I wouldn't want money. Blood money....especially if it meant the killers families were also going to profit (I still do not think them 'scum')

Any money - and I'm told this would cost £40 million should be put towards community projects to bring the old warring factions together. There is still much work to be done and this divisive proposal will only delaytthe process of reconcilliation.

I can't bring meself to call any of the parties in this long struggle 'scum' though...sorry. Murdering barstewards perhaps.

Scum they ARE. No amount of Liberal mitigation will change that fact.

The whole concept of giving anyone a few grand in lieu of a loved one's death at the hands of a coward's bomb is totally ludicrous and probably an insult to most. The notion of chucking money to the relatives of the cowardly hyenas who murdered innocents is beyond any sane rationale.

Cue Monty Python, Vikings seated at a table:-

"Scum, scum, scum, scum"

binbob
29-Jan-09, 11:13
Notice on the news that EVERY person killed by the "troubles" will be entitled to Receieve £12,000 each. Sounds like a good idea until you find out that even IRA terrorists will get this money!!!!! Its like rewarding them for being scum.I can understand they want to be seen as equal and Fair but c'mon these guys were trying to kill people!!!

Heres the link: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/troubles-killersrsquo-families-in-line-for-pound12000-payout-14154122.html

and the opposing side did not kill too??????[disgust]

hotrod4
29-Jan-09, 19:04
and the opposing side did not kill too??????[disgust]
But the "opposing side" as you so call it were the British Army and the RUC, both organistions who were EMPLOYED legally to stop these scummy little beasties. Its the same as someone on the mainland killing a copper and then getting shot, would you expect the Villians family to get a payout? Dont think so!!
Gerry Adams and his cronies will be rubbing their hands with glee at this.
Kill british citizens and get killed in the process but your family collects 12k, insane!!!![evil]

celtic 302
29-Jan-09, 22:18
I'm not sure who you mean by "we"?
If you mean The British forces, RUC etc then they were doing their job by protecting the people from these "Scum" (Yes percy they are scum).
They were acting according to the law which these brutal monsters dont abide by.Most law abiding people in ulster would agree on payouts for those killed by terrorists (and that includes those bloody sunday victims) but i cant see justifying paying out to people who were killed while BREAKING THE LAW and trying to take human life.
If as Percy says they were dying for a cause they believed in then they shouldnt accept the queens coin after all their cause wouldnt allow this would it?

There are those on the other side who will tell you that we were the one's breaking the law. As Glen Cook says: "Evil is relative to the side you're on."

hotrod4
30-Jan-09, 07:07
There are those on the other side who will tell you that we were the one's breaking the law. As Glen Cook says: "Evil is relative to the side you're on."
That maybe so but "we" were acting within the law and used rules of engagement-"They" on the other hand hid behind their bombs and killed 100's of innocent men,women and children,thats where the difference ends.

Bazeye
30-Jan-09, 15:32
That maybe so but "we" were acting within the law and used rules of engagement-"They" on the other hand hid behind their bombs and killed 100's of innocent men,women and children,thats where the difference ends.

I know they did and Im not sticking up for them but if youre heavily outnumbered and out gunned you have to use underhand tactics. Just ask the taleban.

gillian17
30-Jan-09, 15:50
I have not read all this post so therefore tell me I am wrong if I am.
However, the people of Northern Ireland get 77% of their income from the English government, (Daily Telegraph 29th January 2009). Give them the money and then cut all government funding off.

golach
30-Jan-09, 16:28
I know they did and Im not sticking up for them but if youre heavily outnumbered and out gunned you have to use underhand tactics. Just ask the taleban.
Since when were the taliban heavily out numbered? its the Nato troops that are out numbered

hotrod4
30-Jan-09, 19:02
That doesnt make any sense to me I am afraid. They were an illegal paramilitary organisation that targetted innocent people in the name of a cause.They werent heavily outnumbered they had so many supporters especially in America who sent money to those who had "died for the cause".
The tactics they used was to blow things up for maximum damage and death.
They also used to have snipers trying to take pots shots at Army Barracks, (I have experienced this first hand and its not a nice feeling!!).
At the end of the day they deserve absolutely nothing but resentment for the innocent peoiple they killed.

Bazeye
30-Jan-09, 21:27
They werent heavily outnumbered they had so many supporters especially in America who sent money to those who had "died for the cause".
The tactics they used was to blow things up for maximum damage and death.

Im agreeing with you here. If it had been a "conventional" war between the IRA and the British Army Ive no doubt what the outcome would have been. Thats why the IRA had to use guerilla/underhand/sneaky or whatever you want to call them tactics to try and level the playing field a bit.
And there is a big difference between funding/sympathising/supporting etc. and actually being involved in the fighting.