PDA

View Full Version : Orgers Curry Night Out

Kevin Milkins
23-Jan-09, 10:02
Just a reminder for those who would like to be at next Thursdays informal get together curry night at Wetherspoons, 29-1-09.

I did a reccy yesterday and can report that the food and service are good and represents good value for money.

Looking foward to meeting those that would like to join in and I will bump this thread near to the day.

Regards KM

Gizmo
23-Jan-09, 11:31
I did a reccy yesterday and can report that the food and service are good and represents good value for money.

:lol: what a brilliant excuse for a trip to the pub.

Elenna
23-Jan-09, 13:50

I was thinking the same thing, Gizmo. LOL. But where in the org would we be without our Kevin checking it all out ahead of time!? ;)

Thanks for the reminder, Kevin. Saltire and I have it on our calendar and are planning to be there. What time are you wanting to meet up...would around 7 or 7.30 be good for everyone?

balto
23-Jan-09, 15:20
would love to attend, but unfortunatly i am moving house next week, but hope you all have a grwat time. bump it back to the top for you though.

Kevin Milkins
23-Jan-09, 15:28
would love to attend, but unfortunatly i am moving house next week, but hope you all have a grwat time. bump it back to the top for you though.

Good luck with your moove balto.

If it goes Ok, we could do it on a monthly basis and at some stage anybody that would like to be known will meet most other orgers.

balto
23-Jan-09, 15:36
Good luck with your moove balto.

If it goes Ok, we could do it on a monthly basis and at some stage anybody that would like to be known will meet most other orgers.
would certainly love to attend one, it would be nice to put faces to names.

Julia
23-Jan-09, 15:36
I'll be there, aiming for 7.30pm as I have to be home by 9.30pm to take over parenting duties.

Kenneth
23-Jan-09, 15:43
i wud love to come! but its in wick nahhhhh. top joes all the way.

Bazeye
23-Jan-09, 17:09

Restaurants for eating. Pubs for drinking. Call me an old traditionalist.

Fran
24-Jan-09, 02:21
Rubbish, pubs have always served meals, and wetherspoons now have meals for £2.99 i had one the other night and it was very good. See you all next thursday.

trix
24-Jan-09, 04:16
i hev recently purchased new boots....

ever herd 'e song, ''people say she's crazy, she's got diamonds on 'e soles o' her shoes'' ? ''tra-la-la-la....''

well, 'iss boots are super cool. they are really high, wi buckles....an hev little diamond(ties)'s goin up 'e heel :D

so am planin cumin doon til see ye's...so when 'e door opens an ye get dazzled by brite lights...for chr*st sake, grab a chair an help me as i stumble across 'e threshhold...as am choost learnin til walk in them.

breakin masel (ma feet) in for an important (an may i add lavish) doo in akergull too'er next month :cool:

all in 'e name o' fashion girls ;)

hotrod4
24-Jan-09, 09:28
Wouldnt thank you for a wetherspoons curry Kev. If it was a real one from K2 etc then I may have been persuaded!!!.
They make crud food but do pour a lovely pint so if its a Lager night out then i am in![lol]

trix
24-Jan-09, 13:02
Wouldnt thank you for a wetherspoons curry Kev. If it was a real one from K2 etc then I may have been persuaded!!!.
They make crud food but do pour a lovely pint so if its a Lager night out then i am in![lol]

am no bothered aboot a curry hotrod....il drink lager wi ye ;)

Margaret M.
25-Jan-09, 15:09
am no bothered aboot a curry hotrod....il drink lager wi ye ;)

Just one or two, Trix, I don’t want you getting tipsy and falling off your snazzy new boots. Let us know how your fancy night out in the Tower goes.

Kevin Milkins
29-Jan-09, 01:43
Bump.

Just a reminder that anyone who would like to join us in Wetherspoons tonight for a curry, a pint, a blether, or whatever takes your fancy are very wellcome.

Fran
29-Jan-09, 01:59
See you all at 7.30pm....i took the evening off work for this!!!

Rheghead
29-Jan-09, 02:05
See you all at 7.30pm....i took the evening off work for this!!!

I'll see you there then, you've been one of my favorite orgers. I think we have a lot to discuss(re. stuff)! :)

Julia
29-Jan-09, 13:37
I'll be there at 7.30pm too, there will be a wee 'ORG' sign on the table!

I'm being optimistic of a good turnout and will try and get a large table on the left as you go in the door, the one over by the loo.

balto
29-Jan-09, 15:49
hope you all have a brilliant night tonight, tell us all the crack tomorrow.

Alice in Blunderland
29-Jan-09, 16:34
Hoping to manage tonight also. Hubby is working late so will probably have to dash off to pick him up from work if he finishes early enough we will both try to come. :D

Elenna
29-Jan-09, 17:32
We are looking forward to seeing everone there :)

trix
29-Jan-09, 17:59
aw, i wis wantin til go but iv invited masel up til a manies hoose for ma tea an he's lookin forward til me comin :Razz

next month tho guys ;)

dogman
29-Jan-09, 19:36
I've just finished a cheeky chinese takeaway, but may pop down in a while!:)

Julia
29-Jan-09, 19:44
Sorry guys, I'm not going to manage after all, no babysitter! Maybe Fran could stand on a chair waving frantically at 7.30pm to attract the attention of fellow orgers. Let me know how it goes guys and have a good time all.

dirdyweeker
30-Jan-09, 01:33
Hope those who attended, enjoyed their curry night out in Spoons? I am actually thinking they may still be there as no one has come on to comment. Either that or they have all had one too many and retired to bed!:D

Fran
30-Jan-09, 01:45
It was a great evening, good meal and great company. Pity you couldnt make it Julia. Hope you will ALL make it to the next one. Hope this will be a monthly event.

dirdyweeker
30-Jan-09, 01:49
I thought you might have been on the go at this time of night Fran. Glad it went well. Hope you had a good turnout? Was off in Sneckie today but maybe another time.

trix
30-Jan-09, 02:27
well, i went til ma manies an rether than cook 'e denner he decided til take me til 'e indians for a 'proper' curry...(between me an ye's...i think he mite o' won 'at 'e horses or somthin) ;)

if i kent we wis goin oot, i wid o' worn a frock or 'at...!

anyway, we went doon til spoons for a dram first, an i met up wi' a lot o' ye's...nice til meet ye's...

went til 'e indians an hed a fab meal (K9) wis lovely (me in jeans an ma hair hingin...an i hev twa little (beeg) plukes too) :mad: damn it....

he says i lookt lovely tho!

went home an played chess....[lol]

oh, i must be getin auld!!!

Aaldtimer
30-Jan-09, 04:18
OoooH Trix..."went home an played chess...."...an' did ye get Mated?;)

Kevin Milkins
30-Jan-09, 04:56
Twas good indeed.

The food was very good and value for money and the company was great,a very pleasant night out.

Trix threw me a bit though as she stated she was going to turn up in her high heeled diomond studded boots with buckeles bells and lights on them.lol

Same time same place Thursday 26-2-09 and I look foward to meeting some new faces.

hotrod4
30-Jan-09, 07:05
went til 'e indians an hed a fab meal (K9) wis lovely

Didnt know that the Indian served dog!!!!!![lol]

Alice in Blunderland
30-Jan-09, 09:27
It was a lovely relaxing time. Nice to have a chat with everyone face to face. :)

poppett
30-Jan-09, 09:37
Glad a good night was had by all. Hope to get along to another night to meet a few more orgers.

trix
30-Jan-09, 17:58
OoooH Trix..."went home an played chess...."...an' did ye get Mated?;)

......check! ;)

Elenna
30-Jan-09, 22:17
Yes, it was lovely to sit and chat with everyone and have a nice meal...and to meet you, Trix, and Kevins missus. And we missed you Julia!

Saltire and I are looking forward to next month. Hopefully even more folkies can come along for a great evening :)

balto
30-Jan-09, 23:03
do you reckon we could have one in thurso, for us folk that dont have transport. but glad you all had a good time.

changilass
30-Jan-09, 23:05
Castletown has a great curry shop and its halfway between the two :D

trix
30-Jan-09, 23:40
Trix threw me a bit though as she stated she was going to turn up in her high heeled diomond studded boots with buckeles bells and lights on them.lol

sorry aboot 'at kev...'at wis ma intention! as i happened i wis dressed 'doon'...

i thot instead i wid 'dazzle' ye wi ma personality ;)

Didnt know that the Indian served dog!!!!!![lol]

at wis really funny....!!

one may hev hed too much chianti with ones meal when one posted [lol]

Bobinovich
30-Jan-09, 23:44
Castletown has a great curry shop and its halfway between the two :D

...and they have the courtesy car for those who want a run there and/or back - no surprise but I'm up for it! :D

crayola
31-Jan-09, 00:17
Has there ever been an Org night out in Glasgow?

changilass
31-Jan-09, 00:21
No idea Crayola, but I do know for a fact that they have org nights out in Edi :D

crayola
31-Jan-09, 00:33
No idea Crayola, but I do know for a fact that they have org nights out in Edi :DI know, I almost went to one once but something cropped up and I couldn't make it. Where do I find out about them>