PDA

View Full Version : Minor flouting of the law

mccaugm
21-Jan-09, 17:29
Just walking about the town over last couple of days and saw a car parked with its car tax out of date since last November, a taxi driver parked outside the Princes St Surgery smoking IN his taxi (I am sure that is illegal) and loads of Thurso High children smoking as if they were the smartest kid in town.

I did not report any incident...should I have or is that being pedantic?

AfternoonDelight
21-Jan-09, 17:35
Slightly pedantic, yes... If you were the passenger in the taxi you would have every right to report him...

Tax disc MIGHT be an oversight...

Kids will be kids and they will always be up to stuff that is rebellious so I think on all 3 occasions it's best to leave well alone.

After all - who is going to thank you for it? It's not as if you witnessed an armed robbery? ;)

Kevin Milkins
21-Jan-09, 17:38
Just walking about the town over last couple of days and saw a car parked with its car tax out of date since last November, a taxi driver parked outside the Princes St Surgery smoking IN his taxi (I am sure that is illegal) and loads of Thurso High children smoking as if they were the smartest kid in town.

It could have been much worse.:eek:

It could have been the taxi parked outside the Princess Street Surgery with bald tyres and a tax disc that run out last November, whilst smoking a fag with a group of infant school pupils in the back without seat belts on and also having a fag.:roll:

AfternoonDelight
21-Jan-09, 17:56
NO - that happens in Wick........:confused

Bazeye
21-Jan-09, 20:37
There are thousands of other issues that need addressing first, so if you did report them Id say you were being very pedantic.

Bazeye
21-Jan-09, 20:40
It's not as if you witnessed an armed robbery? ;)

The blaggers would be well away by the time the Police completed their risk assessment.

dook
21-Jan-09, 20:52
I remember the time I threw Domestos all over the fruit counter in Tesco's. The cops arrived and didn't think it was very minor at all. Ended up getting arrested and charged with Bleach of the Peach.

joxville
21-Jan-09, 23:44
I remember the time I threw Domestos all over the fruit counter in Tesco's. The cops arrived and didn't think it was very minor at all. Ended up getting arrested and charged with Bleach of the Peach.

You're lucky you weren't charged with counter-terrorism. [lol]

brokencross
22-Jan-09, 08:27
You're lucky you weren't charged with counter-terrorism. [lol]

I really like that[lol] very clever

JAWS
22-Jan-09, 08:39
It's too early for being that quick, you lot.

cuddlepop
22-Jan-09, 20:49

Some things just bother people more than most but I dont think your pendantic just more aware of your surroundings mccaugm.

My Oh drives me to distraction today he was getting wound up with cars in particularly an ambulance who parked in the disabled bay infront of the bank this morning.
The guy was only two minutes.:confused

Salad Fingers
22-Jan-09, 22:24

that reminds me of the guy who got arrested in the fruit aisle in Tesco. He was naked bar a piece of fruit covering his private area. He was threatening to "top" himself. apparently he was Deep in dis-pear.