PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen Assassin Assassinated!

nicnak
17-Jan-09, 23:05
Did anyone see the fantastic boxing match tonight on ITV4 Lee McAllister the Aberdeen Assassin v John Murray from Manchester. I am not generally into boxing but watched this with hubby tonight and was amazed as the Aberdeen Assassin who said he was going to Annihilate Murraywas thoroughly beat himself. Fantastic match well done Murray!

tomacomen
17-Jan-09, 23:53
was a close fight, by no means was mcallister thoroughly beaten. mcallister was by far the better technical boxer, however he simply didnt have the strength to stand and trade with murray.

If mcallister had carried on the way he was fighting in the first 2 rounds and used his jab and footwork he would have run away with the title. murrays strength with the body shots was too much for mcallister and this showed with the end of round 5 and the stoppage.

mcallister, with better cardio and more experience after this fight, will be a force to be reckoned with cos the kids got talent!

nicnak
18-Jan-09, 00:07
Oh dear have I said something I shouldnt, sorry just saying the way I saw it, you are entitled to your opinion but it looked to me like the first two rounds McAllister danced around the ring in a circle whilst murray spent it weighing him up, then the rest of the rounds McAllisted danced about a bit at the start of a round then spent the rest of it getting pummelled by Murray!The fight was well won and perhaps if McAllister comes out to fight again he will not be so quick to say he is going to annihalate his opponent!

tomacomen
18-Jan-09, 00:25
mcallisters "dancing round the ring in a circle" was what won him the 1st, 2nd and 4th rounds! was giving murray a boxing lesson! when the fight was stopped, at a push it was one round up to murray. even then murray should have been warned for use of the forearm and palm. he was actually pretty lucky not to have a point deducted in round 4 for that as it was getting to the stage of being stupid.

im not saying murrays a bad boxer, im just saying that he isnt brilliant either. for a lightweight he moves around the ring like hes a heavyweight, however he does have a good chin and strong punches like one too.

ill stand by my statement of mcallister being the better boxer, just unfortunate that he tried to show off and taunt too much than boxing clever and keeping his distance.

the second coming
18-Jan-09, 10:21
Was a good fight, a bigger fight in our house as mrs SC wanted CSI or something or other but she got a minute dose at every round interval.

Fight was good, two differing styles always entertaining to watch if it's not too one sided. Murray used a lot of dirty tricks and the ref was easy on him. McAllister got caught a lot with his showboating. boxing skill verses basic strength. Strength won in the end, rightly or wrongly!

Entertaining to say the least.

Amy-Winehouse
18-Jan-09, 17:31
Did anyone see the fantastic boxing match tonight on ITV4 Lee McAllister the Aberdeen Assassin v John Murray from Manchester. I am not generally into boxing but watched this with hubby tonight and was amazed as the Aberdeen Assassin who said he was going to Annihilate Murraywas thoroughly beat himself. Fantastic match well done Murray!

Thats fantastic news, Ive met him(from a distance of 30 yards on George street in Aberdeen & he was drunk intimidating creep of a man wanting to fight with anyone who`d take him on) & I hoped he would get his comeuppance in the ring soon.

Well there will be a few happy souls in Aberdeen today then, (not only the football teams fans after their fine win [lol]) Thanks for letting us know Nicnak