PDA

View Full Version : macbook

dirdyweeker
17-Jan-09, 00:40
I have obtained a 2nd hand macbook. Unfortunately it will not charge.
It works fine when plugged into mains and the green LED on the magsafe charger is on.
Any help mucho appreciated!

Bobinovich
17-Jan-09, 00:43
Don't do Macs but is is possible that the battery is simply dead and not taking charge? Or maybe the charging circuitry has died.

Hopefully someone else here has one and will let you try out a few checks.

dirdyweeker
17-Jan-09, 00:47
I guess there is a possibility the battery could be dead but I only bought it today and would have thought the seller wouldn't have sold me a dud battery!
Obviously he must have......:mad:

ps thanks for looking anyway

EDDIE
18-Jan-09, 17:55
there is probably about 90% chance the battery is at the end of its life thats probably why the person sold it i would imagine the price of a battery for a laptop would be up in the region of £120 its probably still a good by if u use it with the mains power.If u look in pc world a mac laptops are lot dearer than laptops with vista?
Unfortunately the seller probably thought selling there laptop and the saving they make on not buying a laptop battery is a good time to upgrade.
Here is thought for u maybey u should buy recovery software and pullback the software and files they had on there laptop and thats pricely why i would never sell my laptop or pc people dont think about these things u can recover like passwords and all the rest

Bobinovich
18-Jan-09, 18:19
Here is thought for u maybey u should buy recovery software and pullback the software and files they had on there laptop and thats pricely why i would never sell my laptop or pc people dont think about these things u can recover like passwords and all the rest

Can you explain how this advice would help Dirdywicker with their charging problem! I'm dying to know...

Depending on the model, Ebay may be the best option for a replacement battery (once you have determined that that is the problem of course).

dirdyweeker
18-Jan-09, 20:42
The seller is genuine and is offering to resolve any problems. I am waiting to hear back from him re replacement battery. I have priced one and yes it is around £100.
Hopefully I will be able to move away from a socket soon!
Thanks for all input. Will keep you up to date.

M R
19-Jan-09, 00:43
Hehe, Lesson here people, don't sell EDDIE a PC or Laptop with a HD in it....:lol:

There are plenty of good ways to make it seriously hard to pull info back off a Cleaned and Formatted disk. Unless you have access to high end tools (like the Cops \ Army) then your not recovering much. 2 formats are better than 1 :confused

dirdyweeker
24-Jan-09, 02:55
Battery that came with laptop now being returned to seller who is going to replace same for us.

dirdyweeker
05-Feb-09, 03:02
replacement battery also alas did not work.:(
Laptop now returned to seller and replacement has been promised. Watch this space.........