PDA

View Full Version : Ps3 Probs

telfordstar
16-Jan-09, 23:10
Hubby is having some problems with his beloved ps3 at the moment so thought id start a thread see if anyone has any advice.

He is having problems with games freezing on him quite a few of the are doing it now and hes getting to the any end of wits with this. The games that are freezing are just new but some of his older ones that worked before are doing it to. checked sony website but couldna find anything.

help !!!!!!!

EDDIE
17-Jan-09, 18:25
i have ps3 and i dont have any problems like that i no it says in the book if u are recording tv it doesnt reccomend u playing games ?So i would imagine if u are hooked up to the internet and downloading while playing a game that could dso that to but other than that all u can do is make sure the ps3 has the latest updated software sometimes u get the latest update of the newest playstation3 game or u can go online to there website and download it

Julia
17-Jan-09, 19:29
Has the very latest firmware been downloaded and installed. I think the latest version is 2.53.

To find out which version of the system software you currently have installed, navigate through the Home Menu of your PS3 to the Settings category. From here select System Settings, followed by System Information, and you'll see the PS3 system software version displayed here.

Do any error codes appear at all? uk.playstation.com - help and support section may offer some answers in their troubleshooting section

If all else fails contact their technical support help@uk.playstation.com

There is also the option to restore the default settings

K dragon
17-Jan-09, 21:05
phone the officail ps3 helpline,

unlike microsoft they are amazing customer service.

my one packed in and they delivered a brand new one in two days free of charge.

if its out of warrenty you phone up and if they cant help you they charge you a one off fee between 60 and 90 pounds, and they deliver brand new ps3 in less than a week.

dx100uk
18-Jan-09, 01:04
as you saythis it happening on all ages of games i'd be inclined to run a cd cleaner , i find the brush version better han the cheap Pad ones.

could well be a bit of dust on the lense.

dx

joxville
18-Jan-09, 01:06
phone the officail ps3 helpline,

unlike microsoft they are amazing customer service.

my one packed in and they delivered a brand new one in two days free of charge.

if its out of warrenty you phone up and if they cant help you they charge you a one off fee between 60 and 90 pounds, and they deliver brand new ps3 in less than a week.

I can confirm your post. My colleague had great telephone service from them and got a new machine, which is another reason I bought a PS3 last Saturday instead of the problematic Xbox 360.

telfordstar
18-Jan-09, 13:17
Thanks for all your replys that's fantastic. Going to be calling the ps3 hotline in a while it is still under warranty untill the 25th of jan but infortunatly it was bought in wollies.

telfordstar
18-Jan-09, 20:42
Well the helpline were fantastic they are sending out a replacement ps3 and collecting ours they couldn't of Been more helpful.

Julia
18-Jan-09, 20:45
I'm really pleased to read you have it sorted, that's a relief as it's not a cheap bit of kit.

telfordstar
19-Jan-09, 00:48
I'm really pleased to read you have it sorted, that's a relief as it's not a cheap bit of kit.

Thanks julia he has to wait to 2nd deb for new one but glad it's being replaced he will miss the playstation home that's for sure.

Kevin Milkins
19-Jan-09, 07:29
Well the helpline were fantastic they are sending out a replacement ps3 and collecting ours they couldn't of Been more helpful.

It sounds like a refreshing story that customer service still exsits in this day and age and you can still phone someone up when you have problem and get it sorted.:D

I don't know what a ps3 is or what you do with them, but I suddenly feel I need one just to get some customer service.:roll:

Bradcon
19-Jan-09, 09:21
Have had the same problem with the PS3 freezing altogether. This is now the 2nd time it is being replaced for free by sony,:D and their customer care is excellent. Just have to wait until the 2nd Feb for it. Not long now.lol.

ShelleyCowie
19-Jan-09, 11:31
My sisters boyfriend was having a problem that the games were not loading. Think it was something to do with the lense...not 100% sure.

But even though the warranty had run out they sent a replacement to them free of charge. He had the original 60gb backward compatable PS3 so they had to wait just a wee bit longer to get a replacement. But my sis said they were very helpful! (Touch wood nothing happens to our PS3 though)

Why cant Microsoft do that???? :~( As much as i do love my beloved Xbox 360 the helpline is pants!

devil's sidekick
19-Jan-09, 13:05
I was having problems with my ps3 but it wasn't freezing issues it was the lense ing up and it wouldn't load in any games so i got my girlfriend to phone sony and they replaced it with a brand new console free of charge and my warranty had ran out so if you phone sony they may help you out also, Best thing was they came with the new ps3 with them and all i had to do was give them the broken one and take the new one no waiting time atall.

telfordstar
19-Jan-09, 13:09
My sisters boyfriend was having a problem that the games were not loading. Think it was something to do with the lense...not 100% sure.

But even though the warranty had run out they sent a replacement to them free of charge. He had the original 60gb backward compatable PS3 so they had to wait just a wee bit longer to get a replacement. But my sis said they were very helpful! (Touch wood nothing happens to our PS3 though)

Why cant Microsoft do that???? :~( As much as i do love my beloved Xbox 360 the helpline is pants!

Think that's why hubby has to way as they are waiting stock of the 60gb which is what he has. We tried reseting it but even that didn't work poor hubbys gutted but least they are replacing it. What fantastic help they were on the helpline was well chuffed with them and told them that.

He had an xbox360 but it was pretty crap hence the upgrade to ps3 hopefully we will have no more probe.

devil's sidekick
19-Jan-09, 13:09
Doesn't matter if it was bought in woolies sony will still replace it as it is nothing to do with woolies.