PDA

View Full Version : laser eye treatment?

ak1
16-Jan-09, 21:36
hi I'm planning on getting laser treatment done and was just wondering if anyone has had it done if so was it LASIK / LASEK / CUSTOMVUE WAVFRONT/ INTRALASE

skinnydog
16-Jan-09, 21:54
Nah, too scared. Worn contact lenses for 25 years and they do me fine!! If I was to add up what they have cost me over the years then it would have more than paid for laser surgery but still too much of a pussy to have it done! Best of luck if you take the plunge...

Bobinovich
16-Jan-09, 23:20
Some previous replies (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=23148) to a similar question for you to chew over.

Goldie
16-Jan-09, 23:25
Hi there, my friend had it done, and has never looked back since (pardon the pun), he had 30+ years with glasses that he had to wear all the time. He had laser eye treatment, and after a few days of a little bit of discomfort he was fine. Now 5 years on and he has never needed any glasses since. He has saved a fortune in glasses and feels so much better for not having to depend on them any more. Hope this helps.

Good luck

Cheers Goldie

ShelleyCowie
16-Jan-09, 23:52
I am far from a woose when it comes to needles! Dont mind them! Thats why i used to quite happily get piercings and still love getting tattoos! :Razz

But no way on earth would i get laser eye surgery! I am meant to wear glasses 24/7...but never do! I always just forget! Cant read anything that is on tv...its only 2ft away aswell! Lol!

But maybe research it quite a bit. Have u had a consultation? Dont get me wrong i have known a few people who would recomend it to anybody!!

trix
17-Jan-09, 14:22
ma pal hed her eyes lasered an she is a major bufty. she said it wis sore for a few days efter (lek really sore) :mad:

she gled she did it now tho. i wear daily contacts but got twa pairs o' windows fie specs savers at christmas...

kwite lek ma new jam jars....il no be getin lasered any time - ever!! ;)

Penelope Pitstop
17-Jan-09, 17:18
Had mind done a couple of years ago. It's just fantastic. Wish I had got it done years ago.

Once you go for your consultation, they'll let you know which type your eyes are suitable for. It doesn't suit everyone and not everyone can have it done. They do loads of tests. The actual laser surgery takes just seconds. One eye is done at a time. It's like a red dot circuling round and gradually getting nearer to your eye - not sore. There was a smell of burning !!:lol: Don't be freaked by it, it was so easy. I was prepared for the treatment, had it done and was out again in 15 minutes!!

Research a good surgeon. I went to Optimax in Glasgow - they were excellent.

It's getting cheaper and cheaper so would work out cheaper than glasses and lenses.