PDA

View Full Version : Rangers v Hibs

Tymey
04-Feb-06, 14:54
Currently listening to the match. Just as Hibs scored their second a Rangers fan came into the shop and swore as he heard the second goal go in. Rangers have just had a goal disallowed.

Was the reaction of that Gers fan the same feeling I've had for years - your team is mince and are hopelessly out of their depth?

scotsboy
04-Feb-06, 14:56
Listening to it as well - Rangers seem to have fallen apart in the 2nd half.

Ce la vie, these things happen.

By the way it is 3-0 going on 5 now - congratulations Golach.

Tymey
04-Feb-06, 14:58
I'm a Jambo so it's a kind of melancholic feeling for me. ;)

scotsboy
04-Feb-06, 15:01
Well the last time I saw Hearts play they were terrible;)

Tymey
04-Feb-06, 15:03
Well the last time I saw Hearts play they were terrible;)

Yeah well I've got a big brother who'll beat you up. So there. LOL :)

scotsboy
04-Feb-06, 15:06
Well I hope he is more committed than Hearts were when I saw them!

Geo
04-Feb-06, 15:11
Was the reaction of that Gers fan the same feeling I've had for years - your team is mince and are hopelessly out of their depth?

How's your English Premiership team doing? ;)

Tymey
04-Feb-06, 15:11
Grrrr you got me there. He is.

Slogan at a recent Rangers v Aberdeen match:

"Agent McLeish. Job done. Come home."

I think his days are numbered. The next couple of games - Dons. Cel'ic and Villerreal will be interesting.

scotsboy
04-Feb-06, 15:16
Urban myth about the slogan/banner being at a Rangers/Aberdeen match.

McLeish will not be manager of Rangers next season, although to be honest a lot of his problems have stemmed from financial decisions made at the expense of the sqaud.

golach
04-Feb-06, 15:21
Listening to it as well - Rangers seem to have fallen apart in the 2nd half.

Ce la vie, these things happen.

By the way it is 3-0 going on 5 now - congratulations Golach.
Congratulations accepted Scotsboy, why can we no play like this when we are playing those nupmties from Gorgie :evil

Tymey
04-Feb-06, 15:22
Urban myth about the slogan/banner being at a Rangers/Aberdeen match.

Drat. I want it to be true.

scotsboy
04-Feb-06, 15:25
Congratulations accepted Scotsboy, why can we no play like this when we are playing those nupmties from Gorgie

I really dont know, twice Hibs have really turned Rangers over big style this season. I was at the last Rangers/Hearts game and Hearts were dire.

Tymey
04-Feb-06, 15:35
Congratulations accepted Scotsboy, why can we no play like this when we are playing those nupmties from Gorgie :evil

Thought they gave Hearts a bit of a doing earlier this season...

riggerboy
04-Feb-06, 15:51
i won the lottery last night have bought rangers and giong to close it down hahaha

willowbankbear
04-Feb-06, 16:27
Congrats Golach, yer team were a lot better than wurs today. I watched it on sky, glad i never went down to watch that mince. It would have been a long trip home, Dont think mcleish is going to be there much longer thankfully.
Take it your away, scotsboy? I was at the hEarts game also & Rangers horsed them quite easily that day i have to agree. Just hope the Rangers dont play as bad next week or we`ll get anihilated by the rheptile mhanky mob.
Riggerboy, You wouldnt dare and minty wouldna sell to ye anyway,.

Tymey
04-Feb-06, 16:32
Congrats Golach, yer team were a lot better than wurs today. I watched it on sky, glad i never went down to watch that mince. It would have been a long trip home, Dont think mcleish is going to be there much longer thankfully.

It sounded like Rangers were all over Hibs at the start....it's a funny old game.

willowbankbear
04-Feb-06, 16:38
First half was all Rangers, Bob Zidane Malcolm came closest to scoring, Boyd had 2-3 chances but couldnt convert.
2nd half Hivs came into it & the rest is history im afraid,
Just not good enough AGAIN:evil [mad] [mad]

Tymey
04-Feb-06, 16:50
McLeish will not be manager of Rangers next season, although to be honest a lot of his problems have stemmed from financial decisions made at the expense of the sqaud.

Souness for Rangers!

HEARTS 3 - Aberdeen 0 Zander Diamond sent off. :) :) :)

scotsboy
04-Feb-06, 16:51
That Zander Diamond is having a terrible season - I thought he was outstanding last year.

Tymey
04-Feb-06, 16:54
That Zander Diamond is having a terrible season - I thought he was outstanding last year.

You gotta have concerns about anyone named after a fish. :)

highlander2222
04-Feb-06, 17:01
Where is the angel of death today still crying a about his team called the huns

willowbankbear
04-Feb-06, 17:03
Call me thick but Alexander - a fish:confused: Diamond - a stone yes.
I can just see it now , in the chippy on friday night " can i have an Alexander supper please?" Doesnt sound as good as Haddie but there is a co-incidence, Haddie=Diamond, Aberdeen fc

Tymey
04-Feb-06, 17:31
A Zander is a type of fish too. Sometimes known as the pike-perch. Hmmm how dull do I sound?

Bingobabe
04-Feb-06, 17:59
A Zander is a type of fish too. Sometimes known as the pike-perch. Hmmm how dull do I sound?

Thrilling but informative old boy

PMSL:Razz :Razz :Razz

willowbankbear
04-Feb-06, 19:45
Thrilling but informative old boy

PMSL:Razz :Razz :Razz

Hey Bingobabe welcome to the org, you finally made it on- any chance of a date this week?

weeboyagee
04-Feb-06, 20:58
Well Edinburgh 2, Glasgow 0.

....well golach,............tymey, jambo and the like - what a wonderful day! Sitting here with the champers! Howzitgaun Donslad? How ya feelin?

Oh dear willowbankbear - not a good start for the birthday tomorrow - never mind - have a wee dram on me to celebrate or drown your sorrows,...........

why can we no play like this when we are playing those nupmties from Gorgie.....
.....now, now, now,........take your medicine like a good boy - just like the boys in blue had to today,.....there's a good golach now!

WBG :cool:

willowbankbear
04-Feb-06, 21:08
Aye yer right ,Its no a good start to the celebrations but at last the underdogs are having their day,but remind me , when did the h.i.v s last win the cup?
I cant drink tonight cos im working tomorrow till 6pm , then im going to have a large dram of Old Pulteney:o

2little2late
05-Feb-06, 00:57
Hopefully Celtic and Rangers have had their day. Now the SPL might start to get a bit more interesting. Although, even though Rangers have been dross this season, earlier on the t.v. this afternoon on the kids newsround the headline was "Shock in the SPL" I thought maybe Rangers had beaten Hibs, but to hear the Hibees had won wasn't really a shock. Long may their troubles continue. I love it when the big guns start to falter.

Gretna for the cup!