PDA

View Full Version : Fab Channel

The Pepsi Challenge
11-Jan-09, 12:47
Came across this site - it's fantastic: full live gigs for nowt. I wonder if the same thing will happen here in Scotland?

http://www.fabchannel.com/

astrocrap
11-Jan-09, 21:31
Thanks for the link, I look forward to taking full advantage of it -lots of selection available, though the sound isnt the best on some of them.

Jeid
11-Jan-09, 22:09
Best.name.evar!

astrocrap
11-Jan-09, 22:39
Thanks. It's the name of me band, we're like a Foo Fighters tribute. BUt a lot, lot worse - hence the crap.

Jeid
11-Jan-09, 22:44
A Foo Fighters tribute eh? Hell, that's not gonna be very good at all.

Funny, I know a band called Astronot, although they sound nothing like the Foo Fighters, Mr Gordon.

buddyrich
12-Jan-09, 02:05
The power of laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard!

hotrod4
12-Jan-09, 06:12
I was once a journalist well I thought I was. I wrote some words on a bit of paper does that count?.
Let me think would I wanted to Be IN a band or just write about it? mmmm Tough choice being in a band takes dedication,skill,commitment. Being a journo -turn up get in for free write 100 words in my best handwriting and then some mug will pay me for it.

Nah Definitely take the band, I would like to work for a living!!!!![lol]

The Pepsi Challenge
12-Jan-09, 11:00
No call for the snidey remarks, hotrod. Sorry to disappoint, folks, but am not astrocrap.

The Pepsi Challenge
12-Jan-09, 11:03
I was once a journalist well I thought I was. I wrote some words on a bit of paper does that count?.
Let me think would I wanted to Be IN a band or just write about it? mmmm Tough choice being in a band takes dedication,skill,commitment. Being a journo -turn up get in for free write 100 words in my best handwriting and then some mug will pay me for it.

Nah Definitely take the band, I would like to work for a living!!!!![lol]

And you wonder why threads/ posts get pulled.

davem
12-Jan-09, 11:41
Good link - thanks - just listened to Candy Dulfer -not quite Maceo Parker but they do what they do well. Perhaps a bit slow getting a new direction but worth a listen.

davem
12-Jan-09, 11:46
It is always a source of disappointment that people post with just so much bile and bitterness on here. Get a life comes to mind, - if someone shares a good find why shower them with abuse. Pepsi is well able to take care of himself but why should he or anyone else have to?

The Pepsi Challenge
12-Jan-09, 11:57
Good link - thanks - just listened to Candy Dulfer -not quite Maceo Parker but they do what they do well. Perhaps a bit slow getting a new direction but worth a listen.

I checked that out, too, along with Swamp Dogg. Am hoping they add a lot more R'n'B an Soul gigs to the list, and I have to say the Dutch crowds are certainly a well behaved bunch.

guitarzan
12-Jan-09, 12:01
aside from that, are you not in a band as well as reporting on them Pepsi?

anyway, probably not the best idea talkin about it cos it'll only fuel the fire i suppose...

back to the point of the thread... nice site, must have a listen later on once i get home.

The Pepsi Challenge
12-Jan-09, 12:59
[QUOTE=guitarzan;482306]aside from that, are you not in a band as well as reporting on them Pepsi?
QUOTE]

I play about half a dozen gigs a year; don't have a regular band, though there are people I can usually rely on to play if they're available.

Is being in a band and writing about other bands such a problem? One person who is certainly very good at both is Doug Johnstone. www.myspace.com/northernalliancerocks
Of course, there's also Neil Tennant, John Robb, Paul Morley, John Tams, Tobias Froberg, I could go on...

My favourite, though, is Michael Azerrad, author of Our Band Could Be your Life, and drummer of the very excellent The LeeVees www.myspace.com/theleevees

:)

Kenneth
12-Jan-09, 14:38
What kind of Journalist are you pepsi?? Music? I've thought about being a journalist, I've still to go to university and unsure of what I want to do for a job! I went for work experience with Iain Grant with the Courier but it wasnt really what I expected.

I understand this isnt about the fabchannel, but you gonna do about it???!

hotrod4
12-Jan-09, 21:46
And you wonder why threads/ posts get pulled.
If you cant take a bit of banter then maybes you shouldnt be a journalist!. Thought you were one for a laugh and a giggle but is that only when you are on the dishing out end?
the music pages has all been about a bit of banter the last while. Why didnt someone just say the other day that there is no "Music scene" up here? That must have been a bit of banter cos there certainly is!!!![lol]

Good find by the way (Back on topic);)

The Pepsi Challenge
12-Jan-09, 22:28
What kind of Journalist are you pepsi?? Music? I've thought about being a journalist, I've still to go to university and unsure of what I want to do for a job! I went for work experience with Iain Grant with the Courier but it wasnt really what I expected.

I understand this isnt about the fabchannel, but you gonna do about it???!

You'd be better off getting a real estate license than becoming a journalist, Kenneth. Or a dentist. Lots more money in it that's for sure. I write music/ theatre/ comedy reviews as well as features and news (though not everything has my byline on it). Send me a PM if you have any further questions.

Anyway, Fab Channel - it is that.

The Pepsi Challenge
12-Jan-09, 22:31
If you cant take a bit of banter then maybes you shouldnt be a journalist!. Thought you were one for a laugh and a giggle but is that only when you are on the dishing out end?
the music pages has all been about a bit of banter the last while. Why didnt someone just say the other day that there is no "Music scene" up here? That must have been a bit of banter cos there certainly is!!!![lol]

Good find by the way (Back on topic);)

Banter and personal attacks I can handle. But there was no need to wade in with pure ignorance, fuelled by the pathetic assumption that I was astrocrap so you could take a cheap pot-shot at me. Stick to casual racism, it's suits you better.

loganbiffy
13-Jan-09, 00:26
Good channel, has 2 shows from the awesome Presidents of the United States of America so I'll be kept happy for a while!

Nice find Pepsi!

BigKev
13-Jan-09, 13:18
Lol, i havnt looked at the site yet, im having too much fun reading the post!

should re-name this fab-post

Kenneth
13-Jan-09, 14:16
You'd be better off getting a real estate license than becoming a journalist, Kenneth. Or a dentist. Lots more money in it that's for sure. I write music/ theatre/ comedy reviews as well as features and news (though not everything has my byline on it). Send me a PM if you have any further questions.

Anyway, Fab Channel - it is that.

Sound advice, may pop you a question or two!