PDA

View Full Version : Wick Library

Rhandy
07-Jan-09, 18:54
I have found an entry for my 3 x great grandmother on an abridged list from John O'Groat Journal that is held at Wick Library. I have e-mailed them , but have heard nothing back. Would anyone be visiting there some time be able to copy and e-mail to me please? Published 13 May 1853 Death "Elizabeth Sinclair relict of John McBeath 78 Harbour Place Pulteney"
Many thanks in advance.

Cheers
Rhandy:Razz

robbain
07-Jan-09, 20:09
Rhandy
I have sent you an email.

kristy_mac8
07-Jan-09, 22:02
Rhandy, can I be a bit cheeky and add to your thread? :D I also need a look-up in the John O'Groats journal regarding the following:

Events > Accidents

The son of Donald Miller was drowned when on board the "Alexander" (whaler), the boat was struck by a whale.
John O'Groat Journal Friday, October 19, 1838

I would really appreciate it if someone would be able to e-mail me a copy.

Many thanks.

Kristy

TRUCKER
08-Jan-09, 12:05
e-mail north.highlandarchive@highland.gov.uk

TRUCKER
08-Jan-09, 12:11

robbain
08-Jan-09, 12:39
e-mail north.highlandarchive@highland.gov.uk

Trucker,
if you send an email to Wick Library, what happens it that, the library processess the information free of charge and email the article free of charge, but if you go to the North Highland Archive, there is a charge for printing and postage. At the moment there will be a delay from the library until the 20th of january as the member of staff who deals with the query is on holiday, drop an email to wick.library@highland.gov.uk with the information.

robbain
20-Jan-09, 18:00
Rhandy, can I be a bit cheeky and add to your thread? :D I also need a look-up in the John O'Groats journal regarding the following:

Events > Accidents

The son of Donald Miller was drowned when on board the "Alexander" (whaler), the boat was struck by a whale.
John O'Groat Journal Friday, October 19, 1838

I would really appreciate it if someone would be able to e-mail me a copy.

Many thanks.

Kristy

Kristy
send an email to wick.library@highland.gov.uk and we will help out

kristy_mac8
21-Jan-09, 12:50
Thank you Robbain, I sent an e-mail today.

Regards,
Kristy