PDA

View Full Version : misrosoft office 2007 demo removal

psyberyeti
06-Jan-09, 20:08
I can't remove the microsoft 2007 office programme that came with my laptop. It seems to thwart all efforts to remove it. Has anybody had this problem and sorted it? Thanks.:cool:

PS I finally managed to remove the memeo trial programm that behaved like a virus on my computer and external hard-drive. I don't know what I did differently this time, but I managed to delete the files with no fuss this time.

blueivy
06-Jan-09, 20:10
I can't remove the microsoft 2007 office programme that came with my laptop. It seems to thwart all efforts to remove it. Has anybody had this problem and sorted it? Thanks.:cool:

PS I finally managed to remove the memeo trial programm that behaved like a virus on my computer and external hard-drive. I don't know what I did differently this time, but I managed to delete the files with no fuss this time.

I've removed it many times on new machines. What errors are you getting?

psyberyeti
06-Jan-09, 21:15
Hello Blue Ivy, no error messages, just when you ask it to open any word document in Office 2003 (which I prefer) it keeps on trying to open in 2007, gets it's knickers in a knot and falls over. There are tedious ways around this but I would rather tell the microsoft 2007 to leave my machine.:cool:

blueivy
06-Jan-09, 21:16
Hello Blue Ivy, no error messages, just when you ask it to open any word document in Office 2003 (which I prefer) it keeps on trying to open in 2007, gets it's knickers in a knot and falls over. There are tedious ways around this but I would rather tell the microsoft 2007 to leave my machine.:cool:

This is going to seem fairly obvious, and I'm sure you've done it, but I'll jump in anyway.

Have you tried to uninstall it? ;)

dx100uk
07-Jan-09, 00:00
download a program called Ccleaner
then goto its tools/uninstall

find it on the list and away you go

now there are certain instances whereby it won't come off.

its all down to the order they were installed and what version of .net was on at the time.

if ccleaner does not work
then sadly the only foolproof way is to take off 2003
reboot
then take off 2007.
reboot
then run the reg cleaner under issueson cleaner

reboot again

and install 2003

i'll keep a watch

dx

blueivy
07-Jan-09, 09:33
download a program called Ccleaner
then goto its tools/uninstall

find it on the list and away you go

now there are certain instances whereby it won't come off.

its all down to the order they were installed and what version of .net was on at the time.

if ccleaner does not work
then sadly the only foolproof way is to take off 2003
reboot
then take off 2007.
reboot
then run the reg cleaner under issueson cleaner

reboot again

and install 2003

i'll keep a watch

dx

I'd strongly advise that you don't use CC Cleaner unless you know what you are doing. CC Cleaner does not 'uninstall' an application, it just removes the references to it in the registry which will either make the problem go away or make it a lot worse and a lot more difficult to remove - my bet in your situation is that it will make it worse.

Office 2003 and 2007 will coexist happily so you should only remove 2003 as a last resort.

Try and uninstall it the normal way before you try this. If the PC you purchased was an 'Office Ready' PC, then Office 2007 will have been installed before you got it. In that case the reference to remove it in Add / Remove Programs is usually at the very top of the list and not in it's usual alphabetical list (something like Remove Microsoft Office 2007 Trial).