PDA

View Full Version : running - complete beginner!

edayhouse
05-Jan-09, 21:14
just read online about the Mey 10k run taking place in May this year - i am not a runner but would love to try it and have something to focus on getting fit for...i fancy going out at nights (Thurso area) does anyone know if there is a beginners running group or does anyone fancy training for this?
x

skinnydog
06-Jan-09, 13:06
I started running on Hogmanay 07 to get into shape for the Nairn 10k which was at the beginning of March 08.

I had not run in about 15 years and was so pathetic that I couldn't even join the running club that goes out 2 or 3 times a week.

I went onto the Hal Higdon website and he does fantastic training schedules for 5k, 10k, right up to marathons. I stuck to it, did the 10k in exactly one hour and felt great.

I still go out running but can't commit to certain nights or else I would happily join you. Good luck!

skinnydog
06-Jan-09, 16:31
Had never realised there was a Mey 10k until you mentioned it. Is this something new or has it been on before?

edayhouse
06-Jan-09, 17:34
see attached website details for run
http://www.born2run.co.uk/bornToRun/webmodules/Pages/Home.aspx

ashaw1
06-Jan-09, 20:31
I have been thinking exactly the same thing but i'm in Wick! Have been going to the gym regularly but would be nice to have someone to train with!

Didn't know about the Mey run, i've been looking for something to aim for and would love to give it a try.

Will definately look into it!

just read online about the Mey 10k run taking place in May this year - i am not a runner but would love to try it and have something to focus on getting fit for...i fancy going out at nights (Thurso area) does anyone know if there is a beginners running group or does anyone fancy training for this?
x

ashaw1
06-Jan-09, 20:43
Just gone one better and entered the Mey run! No going back now!