PDA

View Full Version : willow

majic
02-Jan-09, 18:07
hi im looking for willow cuttings to put down my drive

chaz
02-Jan-09, 19:18
Hi,i got mine last year from the wellington center in wick,worth a try and money goes to local charity:)

stan770
05-Jan-09, 11:32
how many willow are you looking for? :D wellington enterprises ltd

majic
05-Jan-09, 12:10
lots i have a long drive

skinnydog
05-Jan-09, 14:31
Is it true that you can just shove them in the ground and they grow? I am seriously considering that to go round my garden too.

Where is the Wellington Centre in Wick?

davem
05-Jan-09, 14:39
The Wellington centre is opposite Sutherland Bros on the Airport estate.

majic
05-Jan-09, 19:13
yes you take cuttings and just shove them in they will also will root in a bucket of water

Kathy@watten
05-Jan-09, 19:45
does this place do other shrubs/trees for sale as I need loads of bits and pieces for round my sand arena to eventually screen it off from sight, I would be able to pick up and willing to pay too!

stan770
09-Jan-09, 22:24
not back at wellington centre until end of month but have willow/ rowan / and more/ but can take orders now pls working for and with adults with learning disabilities take care stan

stan770
18-Jan-09, 12:11
common alders 1.25 willow 1.00 dog rose 1.25
rowan 1.25 more rowan in soon sold out
all are bare rooted but have some willow are pot grow 1.50
wellington enterprises ltd:D

blanaid henderson
19-Jan-09, 14:27
hey am quite interested in willow and possibly others too:)
when are you back at the wellington centre

Pony
19-Jan-09, 19:53
does this place do other shrubs/trees for sale as I need loads of bits and pieces for round my sand arena to eventually screen it off from sight, I would be able to pick up and willing to pay too!

Im trying to shelter my sand arena / field too. Got willow, hawthorn, beech and alder in. Problem is that the horses seem to like eating the young plants (or rather pulling them up, chewing them up and spitting them out). We are now using electric fence to keep horses off until the hedges become established. Willow and alder seem to be growing at twice the rate of the other two so I would recommend them. The garden centre in castletown can supply them bare-rooted in bulk at a good price - quicker than using cuttings but obviously a lot more expensive. Good luck with yours!!

stan770
20-Feb-09, 15:49
rowan back in stock at wellington centre in wick

porshiepoo
21-Feb-09, 14:08
I take loads of cuttings from willow in the winter when they're dormant. I just pull off small side shoots (either with a heel or without) and shove em in an old coffee jar full of water. The ones I took a couple of months ago are already starting to produce buds. The roots aren't great yet but once they're well developed I'll pot them on into pots and plant them out at the end of the year. So easy! And free if you see any Willow trees around and about.

majic
21-Feb-09, 15:26
that great thanks all i need to do is find some willow i did get some hay from someone a few years ago over dunnet way they had a willow lined drive if only i could remember who they were