PDA

View Full Version : Chips/Gravel for my Driveway.

Bluezulu
01-Feb-06, 12:06
Does anyone know where i can Purchase gravel for my driveway, I am living in Huna and i am unsure if there are any local Quarries nearby. The type of stones i would need would be about 20mm size.[disgust] :D

Saveman
01-Feb-06, 13:23
I don't know of any nearby you Bluezulu....but I do know of a quarry nearby me!

See here for details:

http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/business.php?id=47

caithnessgirl
01-Feb-06, 13:47
Try Sinclairs in Groats?

Gus
01-Feb-06, 14:13
Hi!

We got ours from one of the two quarries in Spittal. The one nearest Thurso out of the two were very helpful and organised the cheapest delivery for us by ringing round.

You don't have to ring - just turn up and ask at the office. We had ours deposited by the end of the day.

Hope this helps.

pie2000
01-Feb-06, 16:57
Holt at scrabster do the melvich stone for a very reasonable price delivered.

paris
01-Feb-06, 17:28
Got so excited with this diet thing i thought your thread said CHIPS AND GRAVY ! lol

Rheghead
01-Feb-06, 18:29
Try screwfix.com they have a limited range of gravels and chippings and they deliver free.

Saveman
01-Feb-06, 18:33
Got so excited with this diet thing i thought your thread said CHIPS AND GRAVY ! lol

ROFL.......keep going Paris....you'll get your second wind soon!

gleeber
01-Feb-06, 18:42
Go to Thurso Building Supplies beside the railway station in Thurso. They have some nice selections.

landmarker
01-Feb-06, 19:54
Sorry, I misread the thread title. I thought it was about chips and gravy.

AR
01-Feb-06, 21:14
A & W Sinclair in John O Groats can do that and they are very close to you. Contact Billy Sinclair

wickerinca
01-Feb-06, 21:17
mmmmmmmmchips and gravy........sigh!!!

canuck
08-Feb-06, 07:09
paris and wickerinca - back to the club site! None of this slipping away when you think we won't notice. I clicked on this forum when I saw that wickerinca was the last post. I couldn't figure out why she, who lives in Nova Scotia, would know anything about gravel pits in Caithness. You two are busted for even thinking the words chips and gravy!

Sorry about this intrusion guys. All the best with your gravel talk.