PDA

View Full Version : Need Computer HELP!!!

JWM
01-Jan-09, 22:47
Hi
My PC has gone bust. I start it up and load Vista then all of a sudden the screen goes blue and restarts itself. It disappears so quick i cant read all of the writing on screen but it says something about dumping physical memory. It does exactly the same thing even in Safe Mode.
Can anyone recommend someone that does PC Repairs.:D

Bobinovich
01-Jan-09, 23:27
If you have a Vista CD then you can follow the same procedure as here (http://forum.caithness.org/showpost.php?p=284639&postcount=2) & let us know how you get on

EDDIE
02-Jan-09, 08:25
Hi
My PC has gone bust. I start it up and load Vista then all of a sudden the screen goes blue and restarts itself. It disappears so quick i cant read all of the writing on screen but it says something about dumping physical memory. It does exactly the same thing even in Safe Mode.
Can anyone recommend someone that does PC Repairs.:D

if u bought the pc i hope u made a recovery disc for it a lot of laptops and desktops dont come with windows cd or recovery disc its already on the hardrive you have to run of a copy?.
but if u havent its not the end of the world were ever u bought the pc should be able to supply u with a recovery disc.
i bought my laptop a month go in pc world and they sell recovery discs they have quiite a selection of recovery discs when ever u want a disc it costs £15 and the make u a disk there and then but u do need a recovery disc so its worth finding out about it.
I havent had the blue screen of death with vista yet but im sure it will happen i used to get it with xp.
Once u get your computer fixed make sure u either get a recovery disk or if that fails get buy a drive image software so u can make your own copy and then the beauty of using drive image and creating your own image is that any software problems u can just run the image program back in and your pc is fixed in about 10mins only downside is u have to back up ure files first because it takes the computer back to the day you imaged the pc.
s

Bobinovich
03-Jan-09, 20:59
Just in case anyone has a similar problem, the Vista repair feature (run after booting to a Vista CD) couldn't find any problems, so a restore (from prior to the installation of a recent application) was done, which resolved the issue.