PDA

View Full Version : 2008 - 366 Days of Photography

North Light
01-Jan-09, 11:23
At the beginning of 2008 I committed myself to doing a 365 on my pages of the Flickr website, this was that I would take and up-load a photograph every day of the year.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3283/3092446167_15623b35b6.jpg

So, 366 days of photography completed, a photograph a day was achieved, only one day was not uploaded to Flickr on the day, the hotel we were staying in had no WiFi. I certainly didn't realise the amount of time I would be committing each day, typically 2 to 3 hours a day! The most difficult times were in the winter, our short days, only just over 6 hours of daylight at the shortest. day a certain amount of planning was required.
I have learnt an immense amount in the year, and feel that my photography has benefited. One very important thing I have learnt is that the weather has never been too bad to take a photograph and some of the best photographs have come from the days with the worst weather!
Some numbers.
Total number of photographs up-loaded to Flickr = 1035
Total number of frames taken = 14100
Total amount of data stored = 74 GB with back-up in a different file format (Adobe DNG) = 160 GB.

I would like to thank everyone who commented during the year for their support and encouragement.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/north_light/sets/72157603597653758/

Mystical Potato Head
01-Jan-09, 12:39
A goal well achieved.Absolutely brilliant images and such a variety of subjects and styles.
You can be very proud of them.

SeaEagle
01-Jan-09, 13:40
Well done, North Light, all the photos are brilliant. I really do admire your resolve in completing the task you set yourself. You must have enjoyed it immensely.

Deemac
01-Jan-09, 16:09
Northlight, congratulations, a fabulous achievement. Your photography is wonderful with an sharp eye for detail, texture and composition. I wish I had such commitment and stamina. I'm sure there must have been some momments when it was a real struggle to get out there and be inspired.

What now? Keep up the good work.

Torvaig
01-Jan-09, 16:32
Well done North Light; a wonderful achievement and a great slideshow!
Found myself in one of the pictures and have pinched it; I hope you don't mind.....:lol:

Also a big thank you to all who have contributed to the photography thread etc., many great photos; great talent.

cazmanian_minx
01-Jan-09, 17:21
It's a fantastic achievement; I'm in awe.

What next?

North Light
01-Jan-09, 18:17
Thanks for the comments, appreciated.

Deemac,
Yes there were moments when it was a struggle, lack of inspiration was a problem sometimes and dissatisfaction with the quality of the images I was producing reared it's head once or twice.

Torvaig,
Mmmm, knowing the lengths I will go to sometimes to ensure there are no human beings in my photographs should narrow down which one you are talking about without too much trouble.
As to pinching it, well as it's you I won't complain.

cazmanian_minx,
You know what you said when i got my numbers confused!
http://flickr.com/photos/north_light/sets/72157612011140474/

sassylass
01-Jan-09, 18:49
North Light, an impressive idea with an impressive outcome.

p.s. Torvaig, which surfer are you? [lol]

Torvaig
01-Jan-09, 18:50
North Light, an impressive idea with an impressive outcome.

p.s. Torvaig, which surfer are you? [lol]

Dang-nabbit; rumbled again! :lol:

wifie
01-Jan-09, 19:44
Congratulations North Light on a task well done! So enjoyed the slideshow!

Sporran
01-Jan-09, 20:43
Congratulations on such an outstanding acheivement, North Light! I greatly admire your dedication and skill. I always enjoy your fabulous photos. When I look at them, Caithness, my homeland, doesn't seem quite so far away. You capture its essence to perfection! :cool:

It was a pleasure to view your slideshow. Keep up the excellence, sir! :D

dragonfly
01-Jan-09, 21:11
a wonderful collection North Light, I often flick through Flickr and am in awe at your photos, well done indeed and keep up the extremely good work

Mik.M.
01-Jan-09, 22:18
Fabulous collection North Light.Well done for sticking to your mission,shows commitment and determination.

astroman
01-Jan-09, 22:42
Amazing dedication and a great selection of photos to show from it. Well done North Light.

nirofo
02-Jan-09, 01:15
Great achievement North Light.

I suppose you'll be needing a new camera now, the shutter must be nearly worn out with all that clicking!

What were your most memorable photo's and what were the stories behind some of them, might be worth another thread, could make interesting browsing!

nirofo.

North Light
02-Jan-09, 09:33
Thanks for the comments. In terms of commitment and determination, if you asked my OH the word she would use would be obsession I think!

nirofo,

New camera, Mmmmm, I'll try the argument on the OH.

I'll pick my favourite 5 out later in the year.

wicker05
02-Jan-09, 12:15
Well done Northlight, fantastic achievement, always enjoy looking at your photographs.
Happy New Year to you and everyone who contribute to this section. :)

Margaret M.
02-Jan-09, 16:39
WOW! The slide show was such a treat. What an accomplishment and as a viewer I consider your time very well spent. Thanks.

nirofo
02-Jan-09, 20:45
Thanks for the comments. In terms of commitment and determination, if you asked my OH the word she would use would be obsession I think!

nirofo,

New camera, Mmmmm, I'll try the argument on the OH.

I'll pick my favourite 5 out later in the year.

Hi North light

I know what you mean, my OH goes even further and calls it fanaticism, I don't agree of course!

nirofo.

squareman
03-Jan-09, 03:35
The slideshow was a joy to watch ! Very impressed, it has given me the notion to get up and go. :D

Raven
06-Jan-09, 10:07
What more can I say... congratulations on completing your task, you have captured some stunning photos over the past year!