PDA

View Full Version : My photos

arana negra
27-Dec-08, 16:47
I have put some photos on my website, I have not built it myself, I used one the template from Zenphotos. If anyone wants to have a look and give me some feedback that would be great. I am wondering if it is any good. Please feel free to leave comments on any of them.

www.valspages.com (http://www.valspages.com)

Kenn
27-Dec-08, 17:24
Loved the sunflower and the beach shells, some great pictures elsewhere too.
Many thanks for sharing.

arana negra
27-Dec-08, 17:35
Thanks for looking and comment. I am not sure about the template (best of downloaded selection) but don't speak the lingo to build my own.

Torvaig
27-Dec-08, 18:31
I particularly like the narrow streets with the whitewalled buildings and their hanging baskets of beautiful flowers......thanks for showing them...:)

North Light
27-Dec-08, 22:57
arana negra,

Some great photographs, well done and thank you for showing.

Deemac
27-Dec-08, 22:58
I thought the site was a bit slow loading the gallery pics.

I would also suggest a more consistant font use (ie your heading font is too ornate - keep it simple ie: "San serif")

arana negra
29-Dec-08, 15:34
I have unlimited bandwidth with host, I may have to look at quality of photos, they are slow for a few folks. Unfortunately I have no control of font the template does not allow me to change it as far as I can see. I always try to use lucinda handwriting or comic sans if I have a choice.

Thanks for your comments, if I ever master the art of web site building I will have control :)

Deemac
29-Dec-08, 18:14
I have unlimited bandwidth with host, I may have to look at quality of photos, they are slow for a few folks. Unfortunately I have no control of font the template does not allow me to change it as far as I can see. I always try to use lucinda handwriting or comic sans if I have a choice.

Thanks for your comments, if I ever master the art of web site building I will have control :)

Sorry, (font snob here!)
- two of the worst fonts ever invented!! (particularly - Comic Sans - why do all school newsletters use this font?!!) - do you want your website to look/feel like a cartoon? (amateur).

OK rant over (I'll become more human shortly) - ;)

arana negra
29-Dec-08, 19:19
WHOOOOO I never realised there was such a thing as font snobbery ! put my gas a peep that did :roll: what world do I live in I now wonder :eek:

As for amateur well that is what I am at this photography lark and website building. As I said at the moment I have NO control over the font used.

I hope you are more human now :confused

Deemac
29-Dec-08, 21:39
Yes, human at last. I'm a professional graphic designer so fonts are very dear to my heart. Typography is a dying art these days.

If it was me I would advise something simple (clear and easy to read) like Arial as an on-screen font. All the twiddly, curvy stuff tends not to read well on a computer screen.

Just another thought but have you re-sampled down your images to a smaller size. It might improve your download speed issues.

wifie
31-Dec-08, 04:47
Sorry, (font snob here!)
- two of the worst fonts ever invented!! (particularly - Comic Sans - why do all school newsletters use this font?!!) - do you want your website to look/feel like a cartoon? (amateur).

OK rant over (I'll become more human shortly) - ;)

I like comic sans - apparently it is easier for dyslexia sufferers to read - a teacher told me this! :)

wicker05
31-Dec-08, 12:45
Some really good photo's on your website Arana Negra, thanks for sharing.

Deemac
01-Jan-09, 03:37
I like comic sans - apparently it is easier for dyslexia sufferers to read - a teacher told me this! :)

That would explain all the school newsletters in this terrible font!!