PDA

View Full Version : 50% off mobile phone top-ups at Woolies

Julia
26-Dec-08, 15:10
Surprisingly even top-ups are half price! Get yourself down there for a bargain top-up!

bettedaviseyes
26-Dec-08, 16:33
is this for real?

young_fishin_neep
26-Dec-08, 16:36
i dont know about up there, but in the woolies in england were im staying they aint even doing top ups now.

kazzii xx

Gizmo
26-Dec-08, 17:23
is this for real?

Yep...just been in and bought a £15 top-up for £7.50 :)

Julia
26-Dec-08, 17:36
is this for real?

Absolutely, even staff were surprised when the total came up.

pat
26-Dec-08, 17:51
definitely not happening here - no sales at all of topups.

alanatkie
27-Dec-08, 00:55
Is it on all networks or just particular ones?

Gizmo
27-Dec-08, 01:10
Is it on all networks or just particular ones?

All networks i think, i bought an 02 top-up and a friend bought a Vodafone one.

Torvaig
27-Dec-08, 11:51
Can't see how this will work; who pays the suppliers as I am sure the likes of Vodaphone won't be giving 50% discount on top-ups to Woolworths! :eek:

Macwull
27-Dec-08, 11:58
Just been in today, think the topups were sold mistakenly as there are signs saying no topups to be sold!

Not much left in wick now just fans and cds pretty much!!
Shame to c it go

Welcomefamily
27-Dec-08, 14:31
My daughter got some yesterday as well.

alanatkie
27-Dec-08, 15:56
no top ups happening in Thurso as we were in today.

bettedaviseyes
27-Dec-08, 15:59
i went to get a top up today and was told they are no longer giving top ups i thought it was to good to be true its cos there has been a mistake along the lines was told these's top up should have never been giving a discount in the first place its the mobile companys not woolies and they were losing money not gaing...:~(

benji
28-Dec-08, 15:18
My daughter got some yesterday as well.

No doubt she is getting ready to pay back the money that she was undercharged for......well certainly she is as a "good christian".....

Torvaig
28-Dec-08, 15:50
I would think that Woolworths are the losers as the phone companies will charge them the full amounts that have been credited to the mobiles.

Then again maybe the phone companies will claw back the amounts from the customers who were over credited - if both companies keep proper records that is, so keep an eye on your balances.......if you only paid £20 for a top up maybe that is all you will get......:eek:

bobsgirl
28-Dec-08, 15:55
I don't think this was just Woolworths, my sister told me about Woolworths doing the 50% off. It reminded me to top-up my phone and when I put £10 on it, it added £15 to my total, this I did by calling up the top up line and using my debit card, so reckon this was just the phone Networks doing it for some strange reason.

Thanks O2........:lol:

Torvaig
28-Dec-08, 16:29
I don't think this was just Woolworths, my sister told me about Woolworths doing the 50% off. It reminded me to top-up my phone and when I put £10 on it, it added £15 to my total, this I did by calling up the top up line and using my debit card, so reckon this was just the phone Networks doing it for some strange reason.

A Christmas present from your network! I would check what came off the bank account.....yes, I know, I'm a cynical old bah humbug! ;)

_Ju_
28-Dec-08, 20:44

Yes. Thanks O2 for not having network for a week and two days. Thank you very very much! Here, have my money anyway! (note: written dripping in sarcasm that is not directed at the person quoted but at darling Orange.)

grumpy1
28-Dec-08, 21:04
apparantly it was a balls up on their part.. as a result they stopped selling them altogether....as usual i found out too late an totally missed out

DeHaviLand
28-Dec-08, 21:34
Yes. Thanks O2 for not having network for a week and two days. Thank you very very much! Here, have my money anyway! (note: written dripping in sarcasm that is not directed at the person quoted but at darling Orange.)

I'm at risk of stating the bleedin' obvious here, but O2 and Orange are entirely seperate entities. Dont think there was anything wrong with the O2 network.

ShelleyCowie
28-Dec-08, 22:01
Thankfully i have not had to buy a top up for about 3 years now! Contract is more suited to me since my memory is pants!! Used to always forget to top up my phone!

And seems i spend less on contract than i did on pay as you go! :D

_Ju_
28-Dec-08, 22:24
I'm at risk of stating the bleedin' obvious here, but O2 and Orange are entirely seperate entities. Dont think there was anything wrong with the O2 network.

I honestly thought they were one and the same. All I know is that for a week I have had no signal at all.

purplelady
30-Dec-08, 00:10
Am on o2 and mine is fine it is orange and three that are down just now and they better be giving us something for all this damm hastle i know orange are and so should 3 x

DeHaviLand
30-Dec-08, 00:51
Am on o2 and mine is fine it is orange and three that are down just now and they better be giving us something for all this damm hastle i know orange are and so should 3 x

You're on O2, the network is fine, yet you expect Orange and 3mobile to give you something for all the hassle? What planet are you on exactly?

Julia
30-Dec-08, 00:58
I've been with O2 for a few years now and very happy with them, luckily never had any problems with their service and can't imagine using any other network provider.

My advice is phone Orange or 3 to discuss your network problems, suggest you may leave to move to another network, 9 times out of 10 you will be offered an incentive to stay! ;)

Gizmo
30-Dec-08, 01:26
And seems i spend less on contract than i did on pay as you go! :D

I get the impression you're quite a blether box then?:D