PDA

View Full Version : Twilight

nicnak
24-Dec-08, 03:17
Curious has anyone seen it yet?, Is it any good and is it worth going to see or should I wait for the dvd or just not bother?

brandy
24-Dec-08, 07:44
ive watched it.. and really enjoyed it bu have read all the books as well. and have to say this is the first movie i have after watched that stayed true to teh books to an extent that i wasnt disapointed in the film!

anneoctober
24-Dec-08, 10:27
Our Nini has read the books, seen the film and is reading the books again ! She is well impressed AND has me intrigued..........[lol] Short answer - GO SEE...........:D

honey
24-Dec-08, 10:29
not yet.. but i want too.. I love vampire movies/books, but i think ill watch the film before i read this book

anneoctober
24-Dec-08, 10:40
not yet.. but i want too.. I love vampire movies/books, but i think ill watch the film before i read this book
Think there are 3 books at mo, honey!! Apparently the film is true to the books. Enjoy ;)

honey
24-Dec-08, 10:41
Think there are 3 books at mo, honey!! Apparently the film is true to the books. Enjoy ;)

Thanks for that Anne, that sounds even better. The Vampire Chronicles are my favourite booksm but i have read them all, so need somethiong else.

buffy
24-Dec-08, 11:14
I saw the film and really enjoyed it. Am also reading the 1st book which is better than the film.
Definately recommend the film - but don't expect bloody 'dracula style' antics.

young_fishin_neep
24-Dec-08, 13:21
i enjoy movies with the vampire or wearwolf sort of theme, i can't wait to go and see twilight

kazzii xxx

brandy
24-Dec-08, 16:01
remember folks that the key characters are 17 and 16 years old.. set in a high school and small town. no love scence but def. romance involved, but very age appropriate.
it sticks to the first book, so very good. the scene with the van sliding is exactly as i pictured it in the book. its very complex and in depth (the book) and the movie tries to add as much as it can (obviously nothing can compare to the imagination)
but all in all this is a great movie and i give it 4 stars! and this is ater reading all the books!

hotrod4
24-Dec-08, 18:10
Have the DVd but as yet still havent watched it. It looks good and hopefully is in the same vein as Buffy,cos I used to love Buffy especially willow!!;)
Looking forward to it with all the good reviews.

porshiepoo
25-Dec-08, 00:27
Went to watch it tonight with 4 teenagers - all of who have read the entire series of books.

Would have to say that it depends on what you are expecting. The trailers on T.V tend to show the best parts and they certainly did for this film. IMO.
Wouldn't say it was rubbish but wouldn't say it was fab either. Out of 10 I'd give it a 6. I wouldn't be fussed about watching it again on DVD when it comes out.
I've not read the books so there wasn't that fascination of the actors being or not being as I imagined. I just found it to be a love story that was slow to get going and mimicked the kind of relationship between Buffy & Angel (yep, I'm an avid fan - still. lol) Only this film was not as exciting.
All the kids I took have read all the books and all I could hear them saying was 'That didn't happen in the book' or 'Wasn't like that in the book'. However, they still claimed to think it was OK. Although they're not excitedly talking about the next part as they would if it was say a Harry Potter film.

Personally I would have to say go and watch it if you have nothing better to do and don't have great expectations.
You'll probably enjoy it once it warms up.

unicorn
25-Dec-08, 00:30
my daughter went tonight and really enjoyed it.

miranda
25-Dec-08, 18:51
was ok more of a teenage film i thought :confused not as good as i hoped but watchable if nowt on telly:)

ShelleyCowie
25-Dec-08, 20:25
I want to see it just cos i saw a rather good lookin guy in it! :lol:

2little2late
26-Dec-08, 19:09
Curious has anyone seen it yet?, Is it any good and is it worth going to see or should I wait for the dvd or just not bother?

I see Twilight every night. I watch it just as it starts to get dark. The best time to see the twilight is during the summer months. [lol] [lol]