PDA

View Full Version : audio output from laptop?

daviddd
22-Dec-08, 22:47
Dell XPS M1330 with AVerTV Hybrid NanoExpress DVBT Expresscard

I have been unable to feed the audio signal from the composite video / audio output on the expresscard to my Panasonic SA-HT07 tuner/amp. The TV card came with a short composite lead which plugs right into the card and which has 3 phono and 1 S-Video connector out. I've tried connecting the 2 audio phonos (red / white) directly to the amp with no success. I did mute the PC speaker first and tried all the setting on the amp (DVD / CD / TV etc.)

Naturally the laptop speakers are not up to decent music output hence my wish to amplify. Any suggestions as to what I might do anyone? The TV works fine, and sound is otherwise OK on the laptop.

daviddd
24-Dec-08, 22:46
No response so far. I have trawled the internet but can't find any solution to this so back to basics.

Forgetting the TV Expresscard sound output for now (Avermedia give no support on this issue that I can find), how about getting the sound from the laptop?
There are 2 x 3.5mm jack sockets for external speakers / amp input on the front of the laptop (Dell XPS M1330) - I take it these are for R and L stereo - but I can't find a suitable lead to connect to the amp. All the ones I see for sale are 3-pole 3.5mm jacks one end with 2 x RCA phono plugs at the other end. Since I have 2 sockets at the laptop am I right in thinking that these will be double-pole jack sockets??

Bobinovich
25-Dec-08, 01:28
According to the Dell website they are dual stereo headphone outputs so a 3-pole 3.5mm jack on one end to 2 x RCA phono plugs on the other, plugged into either port, should do the job.

daviddd
25-Dec-08, 10:33
According to the Dell website they are dual stereo headphone outputs so a 3-pole 3.5mm jack on one end to 2 x RCA phono plugs on the other, plugged into either port, should do the job.OK B, ta.Why would they want to put 2 stereo outputs in I wonder - I just assumed they were R and L! I'll get a lead organised then and see where I get from there. Still haven't sussed the TV card output though. I've tried all the settings on my amp.