PDA

View Full Version : Orange Mobile Phone Signal/Update

ashaw1
22-Dec-08, 21:45
Just wondered if anyone was having problems with the Orange mobile phone signal. Have had virtually no service at all since last night in Wick!

Kodiak
22-Dec-08, 21:48
All OK here in Thurso as I have had a perfect signal all day and have used my phone several times today so it looks like it must be just in Wick that has a bad signal. Sorry that does not help you much.

debs
22-Dec-08, 22:34
hey i dont have signal either im in wick to,prob be another couple o days before they bother trying to fix it

Kevin Milkins
23-Dec-08, 15:20
Our Orange is down as well:confused

buffy
23-Dec-08, 15:55
You should call them and report it.
If it's only Wick that's affected there's a very good chance nobody's told Orange they're down and believe it or not they probably won't notice themselves....:roll:

Kevin Milkins
23-Dec-08, 16:52
You should call them and report it.
If it's only Wick that's affected there's a very good chance nobody's told Orange they're down and believe it or not they probably won't notice themselves....:roll:

I am am with BT Mobile and my wife is with orange so she can't get hold of me with her mobile.

Every cloud has a silver lining .:lol:

Kodiak
23-Dec-08, 18:09
I am am with BT Mobile and my wife is with orange so she can't get hold of me with her mobile.

Every cloud has a silver lining .:lol:

I was in Wick this afternoon and my Orange Phone worked fine there and I was receiving 5 of a Signal.

cemmts
23-Dec-08, 22:16
Wick's Orange is still down has been for 2 half days now... Time for Tesco mobile lol @ £14.95

wndyndy
23-Dec-08, 22:31
you should try a o2 network, always work perfectly, no matter in wick or thurso.:Razz

Just wondered if anyone was having problems with the Orange mobile phone signal. Have had virtually no service at all since last night in Wick!

purplelady
23-Dec-08, 23:54
Am with 3 mobile and so is my daughther she has had probs since sun as have i

ShelleyCowie
24-Dec-08, 00:27
Im with o2 aswell and have never had a problem! I live right next to the bt back up mast tho! :lol:

am93
24-Dec-08, 19:06
I'm with 3 also and have had probs. Supposedly 3 are now using orange's masts, something to do with 3G.

Venture
24-Dec-08, 20:27
I'm with 3 too and have had problems since the weekend. I get a signal now and again but only for a few seconds and then it goes back to emergency calls only. It's been a real pain.

purplelady
25-Dec-08, 01:09
I'm with 3 too and have had problems since the weekend. I get a signal now and again but only for a few seconds and then it goes back to emergency calls only. It's been a real pain.me too am on limited service just now what a pain do have an o2 as well but have my 3 fone for skype sp can speak with my boyfriend for free x

Colin3
26-Dec-08, 13:23
Hi

I am on 3 Network and like others on here I have been on "Emergency Calls Only" since Monday Morning. I have been on the phone to 3 and the 3 Network piggy backs on Orange.
Has any Orange customer informed them that they have no coverage in Wick and if they have can they give a time when it will be sorted.
By the way I manged to get a weeks refund due to not having use of the phone.

Look forward to hearing from you

purplelady
26-Dec-08, 14:04
well done colin this is really silly is'nt it 3 have a lot of customers in this area they should get off there backsides and get this sorted it is not on have had no desent signal in wick since sunday x

lady penelope
26-Dec-08, 17:09
I'm with orange & have been informed that the mast would be up by Christmas Eve, it's still not working now!
They are aware there is a problem.

purplelady
26-Dec-08, 18:56
I'm with orange & have been informed that the mast would be up by Christmas Eve, it's still not working now!

They are aware there is a problem.

well at least we know they know so to speak so hopefully will be sorted asap x

debs
26-Dec-08, 20:22
i have just spoken to them and there not sure when its going to be working yet,but if u phone them up after its fixed,u will get refunded for the time it was off,thats not much help really but hopefully will b fixed soon

Number47
27-Dec-08, 12:55
No signal in Freswick either:~(

Kevin Milkins
27-Dec-08, 13:54
Mrs M is with Orange pay as you go.

Do you get a refund if you never went anywere? :confused

Welcomefamily
27-Dec-08, 14:29
Im with o2, but also keep a vodaphone one as well, I used to be with vodaphone but moved main phone to o2 about a year ago. Vodapone does seem to work better in the more rural areas, sometimes people ring me on vodaphone number saying they have tried my o2 but I have not recieved it and the phone shows a full signal.

ocd
28-Dec-08, 12:25
Just phoned orange, quote "we are trying to get permission from the owners to access the site", no indication of time-scales involved.

I got half a month rental credited to my account.

purplelady
28-Dec-08, 20:35
ok so we are still waiting my daughther and son in law are on 3 qnd now have a signal am omn 3 and nothing yet x

ashaw1
28-Dec-08, 22:39
Have just called them yet again! Really getting fed up with them now! I sometimes get a signal up at Tesco but that's pretty hit and miss!

Just been told that the Wick mast is working fine and it's a mast to the North that has broken down and that our signal shouldn't be affected.

Anyone else had any plauseable info?

cemmts
29-Dec-08, 01:44
Still down for me sometimes get 1 bar lasts for about 30 seconds.

dx100uk
29-Dec-08, 02:36
still down
only place it works is 3 storeys up while holding out the skylight!
time for a refund

dx

SNOWDOG
29-Dec-08, 09:37
Sent an email to Orange yesterday. I then received what seems to be the standard reply about taking the battery out of your phone then putting it back in!! :confused

ashaw1
29-Dec-08, 16:02
Sent an email to Orange yesterday. I then received what seems to be the standard reply about taking the battery out of your phone then putting it back in!! :confused
They tried that one with me yesterday!

They just don't seem to acknowledge that it's not just me having the problem, they keep making out as if i'm on my own with this one. Or i certainly feel i am!

Kodiak
29-Dec-08, 17:08
I do not know if I am lucky or what but I have been trough to Wick Twice since this was first Posted and I have had no Problem at all.

I can receive and Phone out on my Orange Phone both here in Thurso and Wick.

ashaw1
29-Dec-08, 21:12
Finally managed to get through to someone at orange who was willing to make the effort to find out what's going on with the Orange/3G network problems in the Wick area at the moment.

Seems that Scottish Water are currently working on the site of the mast and have managed to cut through the power cable. This main mast also provides the power to a secondary mast which is obviously out of action too. Orange will not be allowed access to the site until Scottish Water have finished. There is no indication as to when this will be rectified so until then there is no 3G signal in the area and only a limited 2G service.

Not such good news but at least we now know the problem!

debs
29-Dec-08, 21:48
probably b another week before they get it sorted now

lady penelope
29-Dec-08, 23:53
Oh no!
I can't be without my mobile much longer! [disgust]
I might have to change to another company:eek:
[evil]

purplelady
30-Dec-08, 00:04
Thanks for that have my 02 fone to so at least am not compeltly without and hopefully will be sorted soon has to be surely these companies cannot ford to let it go for much longer x

veritas
30-Dec-08, 14:46
Just been told by Orange that the date given to resume signal is now the 19th January. !!!!!!

japitts
03-Jan-09, 16:08
They tried that one with me yesterday!

They just don't seem to acknowledge that it's not just me having the problem, they keep making out as if i'm on my own with this one. Or i certainly feel i am!

Orange certainly know about this outage, unfortunately the fix is being held up by issues on another site nearby. It'll be resolved as soon as possible!

purplelady
03-Jan-09, 22:38
how long is as soon asap it has been down for nearly 2 weeks now and it is not just prange 3 mobile are affected by it too am getting really fed up now lol x

forevera123
04-Jan-09, 15:57
my orange phone and 3g have completely out of service for 2weeks, my god what s going on there. are these two mobile phone companies suffering the reccession?:(

ashaw1
04-Jan-09, 16:57
Just bumping this back to the top as i've noticed people are still responding to the original post.

I will be calling Orange tomorrow for an update but if anyone intends chasing this problem up before then the fault reference number is STK2053371

Maybe if enough people get on to them they will finally get around to fixing the problem!

Good Luck!

cemmts
04-Jan-09, 17:05
Moved to tesco mobile now :) full signal

ashaw1
04-Jan-09, 20:53
Unfortunately i've just renewed my contract with them or i would be changing too!

unicorn
04-Jan-09, 21:08
Can they hold you to a contract if you are not receiving a service?

the_big_mac
04-Jan-09, 21:14
Can they hold you to a contract if you are not receiving a service?

I wondered the same. I live in Thurso but work in Wick, however the fact I have next to no service in Wick is inconvienent enough. You guys through there all the time have some temper, cause mine would bo long gone by now!

I've still got 9 months left on my contract, but surely if they are not providing the service you are paying for you can get out of the contract. They'd soon see to it that you had no service if you were not paying!

Bobinovich
04-Jan-09, 22:01
I doubt it - you're more likely to be offered a refund than to be let out of a contract!

ashaw1
04-Jan-09, 22:18
As far as i'm aware their excuse is the fact that the problem is beyond their control. It was the originally the weather that caused the problem and is now Scottish Water that is preventing access to the site.

purplelady
04-Jan-09, 22:31
Have just recevied a pM FROM SOME ONE FROM ORANGE TECH SERVICES AND THAEY HAVE OFFERED TO KEEP UPDATED ON WHAT IS HAPPENING JUST WONDERING HAS ANYONE ELSE HEARD X

debs
04-Jan-09, 22:46
Have just recevied a pM FROM SOME ONE FROM ORANGE TECH SERVICES AND THAEY HAVE OFFERED TO KEEP UPDATED ON WHAT IS HAPPENING JUST WONDERING HAS ANYONE ELSE HEARD X

no id love to here whats happening,when my phone is going to be working again and what exactly has happened

purplelady
04-Jan-09, 22:49
they just said it is a compilcated fauly that is likely to take a week or more to sort involves a 3rd party what ever that means but had offfer to keep me updted on what is happening

purplelady
04-Jan-09, 22:55
Hi Debs think have forwarded the pm i got on to you let me know if you got it not very good these things lolx

purplelady
04-Jan-09, 23:00
my orange phone and 3g have completely out of service for 2weeks, my god what s going on there. are these two mobile phone companies suffering the reccession?:(Hehehehehe no apparently 3 piggyback orange used to be O2 but the contract ran out so now the use orange in this area so 3 tell me anyway x

purplelady
05-Jan-09, 19:26
I now have a signal on my fone wavering between 3 and 4 bars has been working couple of hours now how ever my daughther lives in haster and still has no signal wondering if anyone else has their signal back x:lol:

veritas
05-Jan-09, 21:42
nope just tried it still no signal in Wick you sometimes get a signal at TESCOS but I think that is coming from Thurso

purplelady
06-Jan-09, 00:10
am on the pultney side and still have a signal has been all evening now xxxxxxx

Venture
06-Jan-09, 00:20
I'm with 3 and have had no signal for over two weeks. That is except when I'm in Tescos where it seems to work OK.

ala
06-Jan-09, 21:40
Fix will be tomorrow. Scottish water are not involved what so ever. orange need to get a shared mast site powered down to carry out fix. I have had a number of excuses from them when the truth would have been fine. Customer experience very bad

Stroma
06-Jan-09, 21:59
i'm with "3" and their customer services are a complete waste of time.The only ones you can get a hold off are in India and they have not got a clue.I've writen to their Glasgow office to complain and suggest as many as possible do the same to see if we can get some reaction out of them.

jacktar
06-Jan-09, 22:17
I'm also with 3 and have already contacted Glasgow.Awaiting a reply.Found the same problem with their customer services,and unable to contact them through their web site.I will not be renewing my contract when the time comes.

purplelady
06-Jan-09, 22:33
got an email from a guy called jon orange tech services they are going on site tomorrow so hopefully have to say have been getting a siganal most of day again not as strong as it should be mind so hopefully we will back up and running soon . K now what all mean about 3 it is awful to get any sense out of anyone there is'nt it ?x;

2little2late
06-Jan-09, 22:36
they just said it is a compilcated fauly:confused :confused:

ashaw1
07-Jan-09, 11:41
Have been advised by a reliable source that the problem is being fixed today! Woo hoo! Believe there had been problems with access to the site.

Venture
07-Jan-09, 15:12
Well for the first time in nearly three weeks I have my 3 phone signal back. Hope everyone else is as lucky. ;)

Hibeechick
07-Jan-09, 15:14
Well for the first time in nearly three weeks I have my 3 phone signal back. Hope everyone else is as lucky. ;)

Have you stolen my o2 signal?? Its vanished!

hotrod4
07-Jan-09, 15:48
Yip O2 and Tesco have both gone down!!!
Maybe its all a government conspiracy or its all the Windfarms fault!!![lol]

Get Fran she'll find it again! :lol:

cemmts
07-Jan-09, 15:58
Tesco in wick working for me Orange not

Kevin Milkins
07-Jan-09, 16:11
Mr's M's Orange pay as you go phone has been making a fair bit of noise just now.:confused

I would think it's all the text that have been sent her over the holiday period is now starting to come up the pipe.:eek:

nicnic74
07-Jan-09, 16:24
Orange is finally back on yipeeeeeeeeeee

Gizmo
07-Jan-09, 16:54

Yeah my 02 signal is playing funny s today as well

am93
07-Jan-09, 18:10
Signal back on my 3 phone today aswell. :D

purplelady
07-Jan-09, 21:00
mine too hehehe have had prob with o2 once yeserday xxxxxxx

speedo215
07-Jan-09, 21:06
my o2 signal at times today has been playing up and at other times it has been fine

Stroma
08-Jan-09, 22:59
My 3 Phone up and running again.Ye!Ha!Now for the fight for compensation.Will not be renewing contract with them when the time comes.