PDA

View Full Version : orgers nite out

katarina
22-Dec-08, 19:32
arte we no hevan a nicht oot is year?

forevera123
22-Dec-08, 20:30
count me in if there is one:D
merry christmas and happy new year,orgers!

nicnic74
22-Dec-08, 20:33
Me too havna had an xmas nite oot yet

Gizmo
22-Dec-08, 20:36
Hid'l al joost end in fiychtin, ye ken fit thur lek aroond here :lol:

ShelleyCowie
22-Dec-08, 20:38
Hid'l al joost end in fiychtin, ye ken fit thur lek aroond here :lol:

Love the way u spell things gizmo! [lol]

sweetpea
23-Dec-08, 01:04
Thurso or Wick side?

Fran
23-Dec-08, 03:44
Not much time left to organise anything now as there 's only 2 nights left till christmas

Kevin Milkins
23-Dec-08, 11:25
I wouldn't mind a beer in Spoons.

katarina
23-Dec-08, 19:52
We could do it in between Xmas and New year? Sometimes things are pretty dead then

Julia
23-Dec-08, 20:30
I wouldn't mind a beer in spoons either between Christmas and New Year

Kevin Milkins
23-Dec-08, 21:48
I wouldn't mind a beer in spoons either between Christmas and New Year

Can I wear my Val Doonigan Christmas jumper.:eek::Razz

wndyndy
23-Dec-08, 23:16
i quite like to go, anytime would suits me.:)
arte we no hevan a nicht oot is year?

ShelleyCowie
23-Dec-08, 23:42
i dinna even know anyone so would likely walk up to a load o randoms! Wrong people!!! :lol:

Julia
24-Dec-08, 01:56
Can I wear my Val Doonigan Christmas jumper.:eek::Razz

As long as it's not the same as the one I'm planning on wearing!

Fran
24-Dec-08, 03:43
i dinna even know anyone so would likely walk up to a load o randoms! Wrong people!!! :lol:

We could all wear a red rose or a santa hat or something. We need a big badge "I'm an orger" for everyone to know who we are. We could just go up to kevin as we will recognise him in his val doonican jumper!

Alice in Blunderland
24-Dec-08, 06:25
We could all wear a red rose or a santa hat or something. We need a big badge "I'm an orger" for everyone to know who we are. We could just go up to kevin as we will recognise him in his val doonican jumper!

He will be the one sitting in the corner rocking in the rocking chair. ;)

katarina
24-Dec-08, 12:30

that adds to the fun! Or just wear an orgers badge and we'll come up to you.

Gizmo
24-Dec-08, 12:58
I wouldn't mind a beer in Spoons.

Wouldn't you rather have it in a glass Kevin? :lol:

crashbandicoot1979
24-Dec-08, 13:00

I always think that aswell. How funny would it be to end up sitting with the wrong group? Or walking up to random people asking if they're "orgers"!! We'd get some strange looks :lol:

katarina
24-Dec-08, 13:07
On our first orgers night out we saw a lady come in and gaze around looking lost. finally she sat down all alone. Me being me, I volunteered to ask the question. I wandered over and said, 'Excuse me are you looking for the orgers?' she gave me a very strange look, denied it vehemently, and turned her back. She still gives me strange looks to this day!

weeboyagee
24-Dec-08, 13:58
Count me in (as usual) but better make it soon - am off doon e line ((ano - again!)) soon - so when is it - spoons is fine by me - don't bother with the identity thing - we've found each other before - eh katarina! And the last time I was on one of them I was the last one out of the place!

WBG :cool:

honey
24-Dec-08, 15:22

i did that before down here in glasgow! was rather funny!! :lol:

katarina
24-Dec-08, 20:28
some one name a night in spoons then and see how many takers we get. I'm probably good for any night!!!

katarina
24-Dec-08, 20:29
Count me in (as usual) but better make it soon - am off doon e line ((ano - again!)) soon - so when is it - spoons is fine by me - don't bother with the identity thing - we've found each other before - eh katarina! And the last time I was on one of them I was the last one out of the place!

oooh, and you promised not to tell!!!!!!!!

weeboyagee
24-Dec-08, 22:00
oooh, and you promised not to tell!!!!!!!!

Did I? :eek: Oops - slipper mouth! Either that or memory lapse with age! Is spoons open boxing day?

debs
24-Dec-08, 22:40
spoons is open from 11 on boxing day!

Kevin Milkins
26-Dec-08, 20:28
Wouldn't you rather have it in a glass Kevin? :lol:

I did try it in a glass once but dribbled beer down my Val Doonigan jumper.:eek:

Thanks for the suggestion, but its just one step at time for me.lol I am going to stick to the spoons.:lol:

Anyway, is anyone up for a beer /! or what.

Fran
30-Dec-08, 02:43
So when are we having an orgers night out, time it was all fixed, place, date and time??????????????/

Torvaig
30-Dec-08, 13:09
'Spoons, Saturday 3rd Jan 2009 at 2p.m. ;)

Julia
30-Dec-08, 14:13

It's a date! I better not be sat on my own though!!!! [lol]

teenybash
30-Dec-08, 14:17
Might pop in for a quick 'Hello'....would be nice to put a face to the names..............

ShelleyCowie
30-Dec-08, 14:25
Might pop in for a quick 'Hello'....would be nice to put a face to the names..............

I live in Thurso and OH Working, plus i dont know anybody! :lol:

The rest o u on here seems like a big family!

Dorrie
30-Dec-08, 14:30
Are new orgers welcome too?

teenybash
30-Dec-08, 14:51
I live in Thurso and OH Working, plus i dont know anybody! :lol:

The rest o u on here seems like a big family!

I haven't a clue who the other orger are either but, I would think we are all welcome...old, new.....I will do my best to pop my head round the door, at least...:Razz

Julia
30-Dec-08, 14:59
Are new orgers welcome too?

Of course, all welcome. Usually Thurso orgers organise something too, it's a bit difficult and not very fair having it in just the one place

Torvaig
30-Dec-08, 16:14
Pentland Hotel, Saturday 3rd Jan 2009 at 2 p.m. :lol:

Kevin Milkins
30-Dec-08, 17:36

Its a date.:eek:

Its my first entry in my new 2009 diary:lol:

Margaret M.
30-Dec-08, 20:23
Pentland Hotel, Saturday 3rd Jan 2009 at 2 p.m.

:lol: Love it. Let's just declare Saturday, January 3rd 2009 at 2 p.m. National Orgers Get Together at Your Favourite Watering Hole Day. (NOGTYFWHD)

twiglet
30-Dec-08, 22:30
The one day I'm out of Thurso and Caithness! Never mind, maybe next year.

dessie
30-Dec-08, 22:36
so is it happening if so where and when..for the wickers..

Bobinovich
30-Dec-08, 23:11
See post 29!

Julia
30-Dec-08, 23:25
So roughly how many of us will be going? Can I see a show of hands please ;)

Foxy
30-Dec-08, 23:26

Daytime is no use for me :(, has to be evening or not at all.

Julia
30-Dec-08, 23:28
Daytime is no use for me :(, has to be evening or not at all.

Some of 'em may well still be there in the evening

Dorrie
31-Dec-08, 00:11
2 for Thurso here - will do our best anyway. :)

Sapphire2803
31-Dec-08, 00:13
Can I come out to play please? I'll be good, I promise :D

trix
31-Dec-08, 00:55
am wantin til go too....

il see if ma luvly pal floyedy will come too?

kevy, il be lookin oot for ye cos yer 'e only cheil that i ken what ye look lek :lol:

part fie ye sapph...ken ye!

Elenna
31-Dec-08, 01:44

I'll come, and try to bring Saltire along, too.

I'm not sure I know who anyone else is, though...maybe we all ought to wear trench coats and carry a copy of Fridays Groat. :lol:

Fran
31-Dec-08, 03:01
I'll see you all on Saturday afternoon at Spoons!!

Liz
31-Dec-08, 14:29
Afraid I can't come but hope you all have a lovely time.:D

Iffy
31-Dec-08, 17:03
Will try to be there - sounds interesting.....!!
Guess there will be a few of " So, THATS who you are !!"

If I can't make it then A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL !!

Sunshine
31-Dec-08, 17:31
Fly and Sunshine are coming too :lol:[lol]:roll:

ShelleyCowie
31-Dec-08, 17:34
Again i will add i will be far to embarrased to walk up to a group o people and say "are you orgers" and they say no....:eek:

Bet i know a few people on here but are hidden by their identities! Like superheroes i guess!

Maybe i will come next year if i get to know u all a bit better thru the org cos u all seem like a very nice bunch o people indeed! ;)

Hope u all have a good time though!

Will someone have a morgans and coke on my behalf??! [lol]

Iffy
01-Jan-09, 18:04
Hi Shelley,

I would love to have a Morgans and Coke on you, but last time I had one (many moons ago !!) I don't remember much else - and that was after having only ONE !! I think I was found semi-comatose in the ladies. So sorry, NEVER again, but will have a glass of the old red - would that suffice ??

ShelleyCowie
01-Jan-09, 18:23
Hi Shelley,

I would love to have a Morgans and Coke on you, but last time I had one (many moons ago !!) I don't remember much else - and that was after having only ONE !! I think I was found semi-comatose in the ladies. So sorry, NEVER again, but will have a glass of the old red - would that suffice ??

haha yeah that will do! As long as its a good glass of the red stuff! ;)

Kevin Milkins
01-Jan-09, 18:25
Hi Shelley,

I did the same with Rum and Black when I was a young un.:eek:
Yuck ,I can still taste the barf now. :confused

trix
01-Jan-09, 19:38
Hi Shelley,

mmmh...sounds a bit iffy, iffy...

i ken a few horror stories aboot people getin their drinks spiked wi terrible outcomes...

be careful everyone - stay safe an watch oot for yer pals ;)

floyed
02-Jan-09, 20:11
am wantin til go too....

il see if ma luvly pal floyedy will come too?

kevy, il be lookin oot for ye cos yer 'e only cheil that i ken what ye look lek :lol:

part fie ye sapph...ken ye!

i sure will be there looking forward to it:D

Alice in Blunderland
02-Jan-09, 22:38
Alice is going to polish up her head band and join you for a drink tomorrow. :) Hubby is on call so if he disappears with the car I may miss it ,heres hoping he has a quiet day. :Razz

Fran
03-Jan-09, 03:04
Alice is going to polish up her head band and join you for a drink tomorrow. :) Hubby is on call so if he disappears with the car I may miss it ,heres hoping he has a quiet day. :Razz

I could always give you a lift...................but i am working till about 2.15.

brandy
03-Jan-09, 09:03
id love to come... can i bring sam an ben? *G* as hubby is on nights!

highlander2222
03-Jan-09, 11:56
Hubby looked very sleepy this morning

brandy
03-Jan-09, 12:05
ill drop by! you will know me by the two small people in tow! *G* cant guarentee a long stay though!

trix
03-Jan-09, 14:54
iv bin gien 'e chance o' goin doon til a geeg in inverness wi a couple o' yowng dudes...gorgeous i mite add - sorry guys...but ye's hev bin ditched :lol: :Razz

sorry floyedy...il make it up til ye ;)

Alice in Blunderland
03-Jan-09, 15:17
Alice wont be making it after all headbands going back on the shelf. ;)

Hubby still at work and no-one to look after monsters..........Thanks Fran for the offer of a lift :D Have a nice time folks maybe next time.

Sapphire2803
03-Jan-09, 17:11
Alice wont be making it after all headbands going back on the shelf. ;)

Hubby still at work and no-one to look after monsters..........Thanks Fran for the offer of a lift :D Have a nice time folks maybe next time.

Same here, but no headband :lol:

floyed
03-Jan-09, 17:58
iv bin gien 'e chance o' goin doon til a geeg in inverness wi a couple o' yowng dudes...gorgeous i mite add - sorry guys...but ye's hev bin ditched :lol: :Razz

sorry floyedy...il make it up til ye ;)

Its fine you hev a dam gud time and will here all about it when ye get homexxx

Fran
04-Jan-09, 02:50
So, ..............what happened to you all??

Nibbler
04-Jan-09, 10:28
Was nobody there Fran???

I did fancy coming down but didn't want to put anything on the thread incase (as it turned out) I didn't make it.

I was also a bit iffy bout turning up on my own (well, I would have had e little one with me) and not really knowing anyone from e org (well, under their usernames anyway) didnt bode too well!!

Would have looked a right plonker going up to someone and saying "Are you part of the org meet??" The blank expression on their face would have sent me flying - I would be out the door quicker than a speeding bullet!

Alice in Blunderland
04-Jan-09, 10:36
The last night out I attended we all managed to find each other no problem. It did help that someone did put a piece of card on the table with org written on it. ;)

One or two people did sort of know each other but most of us were strangers. It was quite funny when everyone started telling each other who they were and one or two looks of surprise when we found out who we all were.

The funniest part for me was the amount of people who thought Weeboyagee and I were married :eek: ............maybe it was the fact that we nag at each other all the time both on and off the org that made them think this. :lol:

Kevin Milkins
04-Jan-09, 12:17
I enjoyed myself and have still got a rampant headache to proove it.lol

I asked a guy at the bar was he an orger and indeed I did get a strage look.:eek:

It did proove a little bit of fun guessing if the people on the next table was an orger or not and when somone walked in obviously having a good look around I plucked up the courage to ask and eventualy there were about seven of us.

It was a pleasure meeting the ones that were there and I enjoyed there company, thank you all.

brandy
04-Jan-09, 12:42
omg i know! i was so embarassed walking up to peeps saying hi are you an orger?
one of the staff is an orger and she was keeping her ears open and even went and asked a few people if they were orgers for me *G* and nope they wernt!
julia found me... and then kevin reconised me! *Laughs* way to go guys! i had just about given up! just wish i could have stayed longer but the demonic duo were well ready to head home!
but had a good time!

Nibbler
04-Jan-09, 13:01
Now I am sorry I missed it.

Does this only happen once a year???

Wish I had had the time and courage to go now. Would be good till ken some faces behind the names :cool:

Oh well, you will still all be mysterious to me.

And me, well I am just a mystery till myself anyway :lol:

Till next year!!!!!

Gizmo
04-Jan-09, 13:23
I was in at 3pm meeting my wife (she works in Spoons) and did spy the table of Orgers, i know who Julia is and i recognised Brandy, after we left i did wish that i'd come over and introduced myself, but i've become a social recluse these days and barely speak to my friends let alone a group of strangers...:lol:

KCI
04-Jan-09, 13:26
Now I am sorry I missed it.

Does this only happen once a year???

Wish I had had the time and courage to go now. Would be good till ken some faces behind the names :cool:

Oh well, you will still all be mysterious to me.

And me, well I am just a mystery till myself anyway :lol:

Till next year!!!!!

Nibbler - just give me a shout for the next one, and I'll go with you!
By the way, you're a mystery to those of us who know you too!!:eek:

Nibbler
04-Jan-09, 13:30
Nibbler - just give me a shout for the next one, and I'll go with you!
By the way, you're a mystery to those of us who know you too!!:eek:

Thanks KCI. Might just had you till that.

Its a mystery, its a mystery. Oops - nope, its only me :lol:

Kevin Milkins
04-Jan-09, 13:38
I was in at 3pm meeting my wife (she works in Spoons) and did spy the table of Orgers, i know who Julia is and i recognised Brandy, after we left i did wish that i'd come over and introduced myself, but i've become a social recluse these days and barely speak to my friends let alone a group of strangers...:lol:

You should have come and hello Gizmo, it would have been nice to meet you even if you felt you could not stay.I have felt just like yourself at times and it all seems too much bother but later I wished I had made the effort.Next time perhaps.

forevera123
04-Jan-09, 15:29
sorry i missed it. i really liked to go but i wasn't even near to the town. maybe next time.:(

Dorrie
04-Jan-09, 17:53
We were planning to go, but hubby went for a walk and didn't get back until 4pm! Meanwhile my computer had died and I have spent the whole weekend getting it backed up, reformatted and sorted out.

Sorry I missed it but I will make it a priority next yea. :)

I hope you all had a good time.

Fran
04-Jan-09, 18:12
Maybe we could have another one very soon and we can plan where we will be sitting so people would know where to go, and all wear a yellow daffodil!!!!!

Kevin Milkins
04-Jan-09, 19:11
Maybe we could have another one very soon and we can plan where we will be sitting so people would know where to go, and all wear a yellow daffodil!!!!!

I think the wearing of daffodil's should be made compulsory anyway.;)

I have a proposal.:roll:

I enjoy a curry now and then.

I believe they do a curry night on a Thursday night at spoons and from what I saw of other people eating there currys last night, it looked tasty.

What if we have an orgers curry night as an informal get together on the last Thursday of each month,starting the 29th January 8-30 meet.

At least anybody that would want to meet fellow orgers would have an oppotunity at some time duering the year.

Nibbler
04-Jan-09, 20:06
I think the wearing of daffodil's should be made compulsory anyway.;)

I have a proposal.:roll:

I enjoy a curry now and then.

I believe they do a curry night on a Thursday night at spoons and from what I saw of other people eating there currys last night, it looked tasty.

What if we have an orgers curry night as an informal get together on the last Thursday of each month,starting the 29th January 8-30 meet.

At least anybody that would want to meet fellow orgers would have an oppotunity at some time duering the year.

That sounds good Kevin. Will give everyone a chance (Wick end anyway) till meet up. Some months may be no good to some people (shift workers and such) but they may be able to make it the following month.

Spoons also aint a dear place so having a monthly curry is not too much of an extravagance. It may be that some people wont take part in the meal but come along for the company!!

I will be restricted by when the other half is home as that would be way past e little aines bed time. (Saying that, would be getting close till ma aine!!!) :lol:

zappster
04-Jan-09, 23:34
were yeez still in around 5...sitting just as you come in to spoons?
if so i came in around 5 ish with mrs z & the kids for grub & was sittin just along fae yeez ...if it was yeez!!haha

Julia
05-Jan-09, 00:29
were yeez still in around 5...sitting just as you come in to spoons?
if so i came in around 5 ish with mrs z & the kids for grub & was sittin just along fae yeez ...if it was yeez!!haha

That was us! We were still sat there at 11pm :eek:, mind you I was late arriving, didn't get there until 3pm [lol]

I had a very enjoyable afternoon/evening/night. Next time we will advertise the table with a wee signpost to encourage you scaredy cats over.

Elenna
05-Jan-09, 22:41
11pm!?! My goodness, Julia & Co...I think you die-hards get this meets prize! :lol:

Saltire and I both had a wonderful time, as well. It was great catching up with the couple folkies that we already knew, and then meeting new faces and getting to know them, too! Those of you who couldnt quite pluck up the courage, or just couldnt make it, we surely would love to meet you next time!

I think a curry night (or just come out and have a drink, for those not wanting a meal) sounds great, Kevin...maybe give a reminder post for us all about a week ahead?? And yes, I think a sign for on the table or the wall above is a good idea. It will save oursleves and the other patrons of Wetherspoon any embarrassment from the 'Orger question' ;)

Fran
06-Jan-09, 03:19
Good idea, but i wonder what people will think when they see a notice saying "orgers"...they will think we are strange people!!!!

changilass
06-Jan-09, 03:21
lol Fran, at least we won't be able to get done under the trades description act

mm1ii2aa3
06-Jan-09, 03:37
we will be eye taking there, that s good, don't worry about what people thinking about us,as long as we have fun. i think i need more encourage to meet all of you, since i m a shy person.:(
Good idea, but i wonder what people will think when they see a notice saying "orgers"...they will think we are strange people!!!!

katarina
06-Jan-09, 13:41
curry night is a brilliant idea! I won't manage on the 29th of this month - going to the dominican republic wheeee, but other months would be just fine!