PDA

View Full Version : I don't believe this either............

Oddquine
22-Dec-08, 01:46
They have got to be taking the proverbial.....haven't they.................or have I lost a few months and it is April 1st?

26 pages of guidelines for caring for cats, 28 pages for dogs and 35 pages for horses......now laws/rules re animal welfare are fair enough, and very welcome.........but this is over-regulation to the nth degree!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/3867261/Rebellion-over-Governments-rules-on-pets.html

How many of us will fall foul of commandments like those below

TEN COMMANDMENTS FOR PET OWNERS

Thou shalt groom your long-haired cats and dogs once a day

Thou shalt “cat proof” your windows and balconies to prevent your pet falling out

Thou shalt not walk your dog during the hottest part of the day

Thou shalt give each cat its own litter tray – even if your animals prefer to go outside.

Thou shalt use a plastic bag or “pooper scooper” to dispose of any dog faeces on your own property, no matter what the size of your garden, field or even farm.

Thou shalt not feed your dog from the table

Thou shalt not have a vegetarian cat. All cats must eat meat

Thou shalt play with your cat with toys if it refuses to go outdoors to hunt.

Thou shalt not use your hands or feet when playing with your cat as this may encourage aggressive behaviour

Thou shalt change your dog’s toys regularly to avoid it becoming bored

Angela
22-Dec-08, 12:54
Oooops! I recently rehomed a little cat. She's an indoor cat, and yes, I do play with her of course, so I'm not breaking that commandment -but oh dear, I do use my hands! :eek:

Mercy me, that's going to make her aggressive I see! :mad:

When I adopted Tiggy, obviously I did agree that she was now my responsibility and I'd look after her to the best of my ability, as I've done with the cats I've had before. She was so timid she was shaking with fear, but over the past weeks she's become very affectionate and it's lovely to see how she's settled in and grown in confidence.

I didn't sign up to a list of ridiculous rules however. So many cats and dogs are without a loving home and that's basically all they need. My dad was a vet and if he read that lot he'd be birling in his grave![evil]

hotrod4
22-Dec-08, 14:39
Thou shalt “cat proof” your windows and balconies to prevent your pet falling out

Why do they think your cat will be drunk and fall out the window as its sits there giving dogs the finger with a bottle of Buckfast in its hand?[lol]

Dadie
22-Dec-08, 23:11
Hotrod can you please clarify for me is it the cat or dog that has the buckfast?

I dont think any diserning cat would be seen with such a drink and 9 out of 10 cats would rather a nice baileys on the rocks!:lol:

Fly
23-Dec-08, 00:12
How on Earth did we manage to look after our pets before these ridiculous rules came out. How many of the people responsible for making up this rubbish are actually pet owners? Truly the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

unicorn
23-Dec-08, 00:37
In my opinion this is what happens when animal rights activists get jobs within animal welfare sectors.
I have nothing against animal rights and believe every animal should be treated as the animal welfare bill states but a lot of these animal rights people are absolutely blinkered and their way is the only way to look after animals.