PDA

View Full Version : Christmas lights

ShelleyCowie
16-Dec-08, 16:51
Has anyone been driving down the street with all the christmas lights and thought they would have to pull over because of the flashing blue lights they have down the main street are the emergency services lights on their vehicles?

i think the lights are very nice but have been mistaken so many times its quite off putting!

Kodiak
16-Dec-08, 16:54
Errr no as usually the lights on an Emergency Vehicle are lower and closer to the ground.

K

ShelleyCowie
16-Dec-08, 16:57
but have you never just caught a glimpse in your rear view mirror and thought it was??

maybe just me! lol

Kodiak
16-Dec-08, 17:56
Errr No again, I just drove down the street to see what you mean and I am sorry but nothing that looks like an Emergency Vehicle, either in front or back.

You must have you rear view mirror in a funny place as all I see is the road behind and I cant see the blue flashing Lights in my rear view Mirror.

K

rfr10
16-Dec-08, 21:06
If you were driving down the main street you'd hear sirens I'm sure :Razz

Ash
16-Dec-08, 22:43
Has anyone been driving down the street with all the christmas lights and thought they would have to pull over because of the flashing blue lights they have down the main street are the emergency services lights on their vehicles?

i think the lights are very nice but have been mistaken so many times its quite off putting!

i know what u mean :D

kc
17-Dec-08, 00:27

I know what you mean too!

the car lights up when they flash, I asked the kids 1st time I was down after lights were up if they could see an emergency car about!!

Moira
17-Dec-08, 00:42
Has anyone been driving down the street with all the christmas lights and thought they would have to pull over because of the flashing blue lights ..........

If you're referring to Wick, I would have to anwer No. If flashing lights above your head or in your rear view mirror for a few seconds distract you to that extent, then you should not be driving. Merry Christmas :D

ShelleyCowie
17-Dec-08, 11:52
i am glad a couple of people know what i mean! Yes obviously there would be sirens but not always do the emergency services have the sirens on.

Its just sometimes at night a wee blue flashyness catches my eye and when in my mums car i nearly told her to pull over! :lol:

gleeber
19-Dec-08, 18:24
Errr No again, I just drove down the street to see what you mean and I am sorry but nothing that looks like an Emergency Vehicle, either in front or back.

You must have you rear view mirror in a funny place as all I see is the road behind and I cant see the blue flashing Lights in my rear view Mirror.

K
It only trakes a nano second.
I was reminded of this thread tonight on my way home. I was going up past the chip shop, at the old Co-op, hood up on my parka and a police car with blue lights on went flashing past. Well at least that'a what I thouht for a nano second. I soon realised it was the reflection of the christmas lights on the white tiles of the old Co-op.
At least it could partly explain ShelleyBains experence.:confused

dragonfly
19-Dec-08, 18:54
I was sitting in the new beauticians next to the Royal and looking up towards the old Co-Op and saw flashing blue lights, took me a minute to realise that it wasn't emergency services and it was the christmas lights so yes, can def see where you're coming from Shelley

PS, new beauticians (Essence) is very good, and lovely inside - just thought I'd mention it seeing as I made reference to them! ;)

ShelleyCowie
19-Dec-08, 21:17
Glad people can see where i am comin from! I thot i was just bein a plonk!! :lol:

Invisible
20-Dec-08, 15:25
I'm more concerned about epilepsy. Those lights could easily trigger a fit, would people stop and help out or would the victim be passed by thinking they were drunk or high on summit.

It just got me thinking.

ShelleyCowie
20-Dec-08, 17:53
I'm more concerned about epilepsy. Those lights could easily trigger a fit, would people stop and help out or would the victim be passed by thinking they were drunk or high on summit.

It just got me thinking.

Now there is a thought that i had never thought about! Suppose it is rather dangerous for people with epilepsy! And could easily be mistaken for somebody that had a few many drams! Especially at this time of year! :confused