PDA

View Full Version : daily devotional prayer nuisance

katarina
15-Dec-08, 14:18
is anyone else being bombarded with daily devotional prayers in emails? I have reported them as spam, and also reported them as abuse to their provider, but still they keep coming thick and fast filling up my message space. the name has one different number each time, so the spam filter does not stop it.
help please!!!!

Metalattakk
15-Dec-08, 15:32
Set up a Message Rule in your email client (Outlook or Outlook Express etc., etc.) to send emails with certain keywords in the text (God, prayer, devotional etc.) to a separate folder, say the Deleted Items folder.

You'll still receive the emails, but they'll be filtered away so at least you don't have to manually delete them.

gleeber
15-Dec-08, 17:23
You could try praying that they stop.

catran
15-Dec-08, 18:50
Just do not open and delete with immediate effect and they will probably stop. I work with loads of people and nobody seems to be getting these emails. Has one of your friends done it for a joke or what????

Not funny

katarina
16-Dec-08, 19:31
Just do not open and delete with immediate effect and they will probably stop. I work with loads of people and nobody seems to be getting these emails. Has one of your friends done it for a joke or what????

Not funny

I've been getting them every day for the past month - some joke!

Welcomefamily
16-Dec-08, 20:19
I not heard of this before, does it not give you a sender? I think you can block a domain ? so the digits would not matter.

George Brims
16-Dec-08, 21:56
This kind of nonsense doesn't usually come with a genuine sender or source domain. Whatever else you do, DO NOT click on any links in it, including "unsubscribe" links. These are just designed to lure you to bad web sites, and verify yours is a valid active email address, which is then passed on to other spammers.

Boss
16-Dec-08, 22:45
This kind of nonsense doesn't usually come with a genuine sender or source domain. Whatever else you do, DO NOT click on any links in it, including "unsubscribe" links. These are just designed to lure you to bad web sites, and verify yours is a valid active email address, which is then passed on to other spammers.

I am with you on this one, my advice delete all,don't open any of them or do a whois on their domain and block it.