PDA

View Full Version : wrapping paper???

Dadie
11-Dec-08, 15:57
Silly question really but do you use the same paper for the presents from you and the presents from santa?

I said the paper had to be different but hubby says it doesnt matter.

(Im right arent I?):lol:

Santa has to have special paper hasnt he?

kitty kat
11-Dec-08, 16:02
Silly question really but do you use the same paper for the presents from you and the presents from santa?

you are right i always use something different usually sparkly and red maybe a ribbon but never the same paper.... men lol :lol:

stekar
11-Dec-08, 16:08
Women are always right, lol!

Santas presents in our house have different wrapping paper.

alanatkie
11-Dec-08, 16:08
You are definetly right Dadie. Family pressies all gets wrapped in the same roll of paper & santas paper are the sheets so they are all differentor a diff roll of paper for each child. Some don't get wrapped tho.

Kodiak
11-Dec-08, 16:41
How can you possibly use the same paper for Santa? How would you even know what Paper he would use?

The chances of Santa a way up in the North Pole using exactly the same paper as you would must be Millions to one.

wifie
11-Dec-08, 16:46
I agree with Kodiak (and you Dadie ;))!

carasmam
11-Dec-08, 16:56
Santa has to have different paper, I think thats how I twigged when I was a bairn, but Mum said he must have bought his from the same shop :D

floyed
11-Dec-08, 18:00

Has definetly got to be different paper.:D I always wrap in different paper i hide it and do the Santa ones on Christmas eve.

Metalattakk
11-Dec-08, 18:27
Eh, hang on....surely all the presents come from Santa? :eek:

No wonder all the wee bairns get confused! [lol]

Alice in Blunderland
11-Dec-08, 19:21
Only the presents handed in by family and friends are wrapped. Santas presents go in a Santa bag unwrapped. :)

With five kids the amount of paper generated is too much for me on Christmas Day. :eek:

kc
11-Dec-08, 19:41
Santa sometimes wraps, sometimes just puts them in a santa bag, when he does wrap they all have different coloured paper, red, blue or green ( to match their footy teams!)

funny cause their tooth brushes are the same, one always gets red, one always gets blue and the other green!!!

Buttercup
11-Dec-08, 21:41
Only the presents handed in by family and friends are wrapped. Santas presents go in a Santa bag unwrapped.

With five kids the amount of paper generated is too much for me on Christmas Day.

Phew! Was begining to think I was the only one who didn't get wrapped pressies from Santa. :eek:
Surely Santa wouldn't be wasting paper, especially in these "green" times?

dirdyweeker
11-Dec-08, 23:38
always has to be different paper from any other parcel. :lol: Santa pressies after all are from another part of the world! Even though my "Kids" are all now teens and older, the 'Santa' presents remain different.
Is that not normal??:lol:

NLP
12-Dec-08, 00:50
Now that's something that never crossed my mind, all the pressie's are from santa the family tell santa what to bring and that's why they have their names on it. I think now I'll be going out for special santa paper, good idea.

Don't forget to recycle all that paper.

A9RUNNER
12-Dec-08, 00:59
Whats wrong with the bag that the shop puts your stuff in when you buy it. Its up to santa what he does with his presents.

Sandra_B
12-Dec-08, 13:32
Santa only brings one present per child and doesn't use wrapping paper, just leaves the gifts under the tree. All the other gifts are from family and friends.

anneoctober
12-Dec-08, 13:34
How can you possibly use the same paper for Santa? How would you even know what Paper he would use?

The chances of Santa a way up in the North Pole using exactly the same paper as you would must be Millions to one.
very sensible response Kodiak ! ;)

lynne duncan
12-Dec-08, 21:14
santa sack for their pressies and not wrapped and the ones from us are wrapped, as said before saves the wrapping
nad if santa has been foolowing the santa letters then they know what they are getting from him, and the wrapped ones from everyone else are the surprise

cuddlepop
12-Dec-08, 21:21
Now thats got me thinking.....

All our presents were wrapped and put in our pillow cases when we were growing up.Relative and friends presents went under the tree.

I never recieved a present from mum and dad when I was growing up but never questioned it.

I just followed the same procedure with my kids,only difference being all the presents per child were in the same paper.

Dazarch
12-Dec-08, 22:00
Just a question. Does 'Santa' put the pressies under the tree on Christmas Eve or at the bottom of the bairns beds. When I was young my parents did both. In our house 'Santa' puts them under the tree but hubby reckons they should go in a big sack at the bottom of the bed.
Whats your view?

Dadie
12-Dec-08, 22:23
Ok its decided the dolls house for Lauren from Santa is going to be built the night before and placed under the tree unwrapped. The babywalker for Iona from santa will be wrapped. The pressies from us will be wrapped in different paper and the stocking at the foot of Laurens bed will be filled with little things with an orange and a toothbrush in the toe (hopefully the stocking will give us an extra 10 mins at least in bed)

Santa will have a mincemeat pie and a glass of whiskey left out for him and a carrot left out for rudolph which will all have to "disappear"

balto
12-Dec-08, 22:40
i alsways wrap santas ppresents up differently aswell, buy paper seperatly and keep it hidden so they dont realise, if it was up to my other half he wouldnt bother wrapping them atall, waste of paper he would say bah humbug..