PDA

View Full Version : anonymous messages....

landmarker
29-Jan-06, 00:16
Only in the last couple of days have I got around to checking out the 'User cp' function and discovered the little messages which accompany 'feedback'

I've even left some feedback myself and identify it with 'L/M'. Only positive comments so far.

I wouldn't leave anonymous negative remarks without adding my name.

How odd that some people do.

I expect criticism , disdain or opposition to some of my stronger opinions but for heaven's sake isn't it rather childish to omit your i.d. ?

EDDIE
29-Jan-06, 00:34
Well landmarker i think its sad in general for anyone to give someone a negative mark for expressing there views.The only time i give a negative mark as when the person is giving cheeky or offensive opinions on other peoples coments and thats they way it should be

angela5
29-Jan-06, 00:37
Well landmarker i think its sad in general for anyone to give someone a negative mark for expressing there views.The only time i give a negative mark as when the person is giving cheeky or offensive opinions on other peoples coments and thats they way it should be

but do you leave your name??

Rheghead
29-Jan-06, 00:53
I remember good repping you on something way back when, even though you accused me of mild hostility towards you from the outset. I can't remember if I left my ID though? It is all in the past anyway. I try not to get too bothered about reputation as we all have different views on stuff though I accept that since we strive for social acceptance that it is extremely flattering to get good rep. I only 'bad rep' someone if they seem aggressive or out of hand. I like a difference of opinion though as it gives me the chance to step back and consider my own opinion. I then reassess my beliefs if I think I am wrong.

All people are in search of acceptance from society and it is the withdrawal of that acceptance that is the most hurting of all. So I would expect your bad reps are in connection with your non acceptance of immigrants and homosexuals. In my case, I know that 'social acceptance' is the 'glue' that binds us all in our society, therefore on balance I try to adopt the opinions that encourage 'social acceptance' rather than those that disenfranchise a whole section of the population from our society. IOW I will always try to find a way of being 'nice'.

lasher
29-Jan-06, 04:56
I've had a few negative feedbacks, I don't really care, my opinion is my opipion . I don't care if someone doesn't like it! If my spelling is bad it's cos i'm steaming!!!!!:grin: :p [lol]

paris
29-Jan-06, 09:56
Ive had a mixture, had one saying my thread on prostitution was unnecessary..... why?????? i needed to know others opion on the subject, thats why i asked .

rich62_uk
29-Jan-06, 11:25
Ive had a mixture, had one saying my thread on prostitution was unnecessary..... why?????? i needed to know others opion on the subject, thats why i asked .

I guess one of the problems is the age range and values of the people on the forum it is more likely that some of our more mature members have a problem with moral issues because of the lesser social acceptance in their youth. However that should not stop these issues being discussed..

Just an ideal for the youngsters on the site how about a thread that touches on their parents and sex i think that might get a few yuckssss in the teenage camp lol......:lol: Rich..

badger
29-Jan-06, 11:35
[quote=rich62_uk]I guess one of the problems is the age range and values of the people on the forum it is more likely that some of our more mature members have a problem with moral issues because of the lesser social acceptance in their youth. However that should not stop these issues being discussed..quote]

Oh dear - I hope ageism isn't going to be added to the prejudices. I come into the "more mature" category and wonder what you mean by having a problem with moral issues. Surely everyone who cares about others has an opinion and I think if you look at some of the threads on these matters, e.g. prostitution, homophobia, you will find a mix of ages with a mix of views and no clear dividing lines. There are as many predudiced young as there are open-minded old :roll:

golach
29-Jan-06, 11:45
I guess one of the problems is the age range and values of the people on the forum it is more likely that some of our more mature members have a problem with moral issues because of the lesser social acceptance in their youth. However that should not stop these issues being discussed...
Ehmmm have I picked you up wrongly Rich? Are you infering that because I consider myself to be of the "More Mature" members that I have no morals?
Maybe as a "more mature member" my social accceptances are a lot higher than the youth of today. Whom I consider have very little social skills, (that comes with age), and the morals of a lot ( not all ) of todays youth in my opinion and experience are those of gutter rats.

cuddlepop
29-Jan-06, 12:17
Ithink what Rich meant is that they are different, not that because of your age you didnt have any
We.ve found that ASD kids tend to be accepted by there peers ,but that the more elderly in society just see a badly behaved child.:confused

_Ju_
29-Jan-06, 12:21
I just thought I'd state the obvious about anonymous bad repping: I think most people don't identify themselves because they don't want vendata reciprocal repping. And offcourse reputation does have some importance to the person leaving it ( be it good or bad), or else they wouldn't bother to leave it.
I think that leaving reputation marks would be alot more significative if it was not made public ( in you reputation squares). In that way you would still get a feel about how your opinions are recieved (and probably by whom, as well).

rich62_uk
29-Jan-06, 12:44
Ok, hands up i didn't explain myself very well and i am sorry.:(

I was trying to get to the land where peoples values are often influenced by the age or area they where bought up in. A better example maybe that in Victorian times most people would be aghast to see a lady walking along the street with their ankle showing, if by the beach today, a girl in a bikini would be acceptable.

So please stop hitting me with the pension books.:D Rich....

P.s as to the original thread i tend to agree with you JU..

stekar
29-Jan-06, 17:01
Where do I find this User cp function? Want to find out my reputation!

stekar
29-Jan-06, 17:04
Ooops, just notuced the UserCP at the top of the page. But still don't know how to find out if anyone has left me reputation/feedback.

crayola
29-Jan-06, 17:10
Click on User CP now Stekar. :)

EDDIE
29-Jan-06, 17:22
but do you leave your name??
Yes and i have only ever done it one time and hopefully wont have to do it again for a longtime

landmarker
29-Jan-06, 17:23
All people are in search of acceptance from society and it is the withdrawal of that acceptance that is the most hurting of all. So I would expect your bad reps are in connection with your non acceptance of immigrants and homosexuals. In my case, I know that 'social acceptance' is the 'glue' that binds us all in our society, therefore on balance I try to adopt the opinions that encourage 'social acceptance' rather than those that disenfranchise a whole section of the population from our society. IOW I will always try to find a way of being 'nice'.

Two things Rheghead: If you read my posts properly you'll see I never said I do not 'accept' homosexuals or immigrants. For goodness sake WHY do people not read words properly. I acknowledge both, it is not for me to 'accept' or 'reject' as I can't do much about either and I dont know any anyway!! (apart from a couple of work aquaintances with African's.) So what the heck are you talking about? My opinions are fairly forceful on both but I do 'accept' they are here/amongst us - otherwise I would not venture an opinion.

Second:'social acceptance is the glue that binds us together' ?? No it doesn't. Society is diverse and barely cohesive at all. If anything holds us together it is taxation. Via tax the poorer elements get the help they need and the excesses of the wealthy are ever so slightly curtailed.

I don't mind bad repping as it's called. I'm both surprised, and pleased my reputation is what it is. I dont seek acceptance or approval, and I dont mind when the opposite comes my way. I'd just rather it was accompanied by a name.

pops
29-Jan-06, 22:12
i got bad repped for my post not being in proper english and the person didnt leave their name! its not my fault its not in proper english i could b dyslexic or anythin for all that person knew

stekar
29-Jan-06, 22:13
Click on User CP now Stekar. :)

Aha, got it now! Lol, thanks for the green square!
Thanks too, who ever else it was.

JAWS
29-Jan-06, 22:29
i got bad repped for my post not being in proper english and the person didnt leave their name! its not my fault its not in proper english i could b dyslexic or anythin for all that person knew
Good point pops, for all they know English could be your second or even third language.
But as any one in Britain can explain, all you have to do is shout loudly enough and slowly enough in English and you can make even the most stupid foreigner understand you!
After all, everybody understands English, don't they? [evil]

wilma
30-Jan-06, 11:27
I have been bad repped before i don't let it bother me i have also had good reps thanks guys you now who you are keep them coming lol

wickerinca
30-Jan-06, 15:18
This is a great thread!!....but if I rep youI will leave my name no matter if it is good or bad!!! Oh...and Dr Szin...better polish them pistols cause you definitely have a good reputation!!:lol:

DrSzin
30-Jan-06, 15:24
This is a great thread!!....but if I rep youI will leave my name no matter if it is good or bad!!! Oh...and Dr Szin...better polish them pistols cause you definitely have a good reputation!!:lol:Pistols? :confused

wickerinca
30-Jan-06, 16:12
Pistols? :confused

Sorry.........been at the plonk again!! Not you...me!!:lol:

DrSzin
30-Jan-06, 18:24
Sorry.........been at the plonk again!! Not you...me!!:lol:On the plonk at circa 9am EST? Isn't that a bit early?

wickerinca
30-Jan-06, 18:26
On the plonk at circa 9am EST? Isn't that a bit early?

IT is medicinal!!!!