PDA

View Full Version : support wur elderly and show face!

trix
05-Dec-08, 01:50
laurandy centre is hevin a fundraisin event in 'e backer on seturday 6th o' december.

theres a beeg bottle stall, bakin' stalls an ither charity stalls, cups o' tea an fresh pancakes. a raffle an stuff.

il be in 'e corner wi ma crystal ball an readin tarot cairds :lol:

it'l be a guid crack, ye should come in a deek....

starts at 10 an sposed til go on til 4.

Kevin Milkins
05-Dec-08, 02:23
laurandy centre is hevin a fundraisin event in 'e backer on seturday 6th o' december.

theres a beeg bottle stall, bakin' stalls an ither charity stalls, cups o' tea an fresh pancakes. a raffle an stuff.

il be in 'e corner wi ma crystal ball an readin tarot cairds :lol:

it'l be a guid crack, ye should come in a deek....

starts at 10 an sposed til go on til 4.

Is that 10am start and 4 pm finish or 10 pm start and 4 am finish, I would guess it's the former but would hate to turn up late.

Venture
05-Dec-08, 10:24
If it wasn't for the Laurandy Centre many of the elderly would have nowhere to go during the day. It's service is invaluable to carers. It's a brilliant place with brilliant staff who provide a fantastic service. Please show your support for the clients and the staff by popping in tomorrow.;)

miranda
05-Dec-08, 21:53
BOTTLE STALL!!! i'll be there...!!! ohhh wait a minute i work wi u trix i'll be there anyway prob selling eh cakes!!!! ... lovely raffle prizes we got ..a novelty xmas cake o an igloo and penguines and santa its cool!!!

Will be a good day so come along when your in the passing folks buy some baking or have a go at the bottle stall or just sit and hev a cup of tea to warm up.Dont forget wur fellow orger is willing to tell your fortune ..if you cross her palm wi silver:)

TBH
05-Dec-08, 23:01
If it wasn't for the Laurandy Centre many of the elderly would have nowhere to go during the day. It's service is invaluable to carers. It's a brilliant place with brilliant staff who provide a fantastic service. Please show your support for the clients and the staff by popping in tomorrow.;)What happened to the place at the braehead. They had a lovely place there to watch the harbour and all it's comings and goings. There's not a lot of visual stimulation to ease the boredom at their current local is there?

miranda
06-Dec-08, 00:22
What happened to the place at the braehead. They had a lovely place there to watch the harbour and all it's comings and goings. There's not a lot of visual stimulation to ease the boredom at their current local is there?

BOREDOM!!!!!! that my friend is not a frequent word at the Laurandy Centre. We may be up out the way but we provide a quality and proffessional service staff are qualified to the national standards and there is just NO time for looking out the windows.We are a day CARE service that provides care of all catagories unlike the braehead which was more a lunch club . The Laurandy Centre has a lot to more offer for our older generation it gives support to full time carers ,prevents longer stays in hospital ,and just ask someone who attends what they get from attending ..mmmmm dont know if your of eligble age tbh but i can put you on the waiting list

TBH
06-Dec-08, 00:27
BOREDOM!!!!!! that my friend is not a frequent word at the Laurandy Centre. We may be up out the way but we provide a quality and proffessional service staff are qualified to the national standards and there is just NO time for looking out the windows.We are a day CARE service that provides care of all catagories unlike the braehead which was more a lunch club . The Laurandy Centre has a lot to more offer for our older generation it gives support to full time carers ,prevents longer stays in hospital ,and just ask someone who attends what they get from attending ..mmmmm dont know if your of eligble age tbhMy comment was in no way meant as any form of slight against the staff. But I do know for a fact that the change in location was a bone of contention. Whilst at the braehead there was time for looking out windows and seeing everyday life at the harbour, it gave many a great deal of pleasure.,

miranda
06-Dec-08, 00:38
My comment was in no way meant as any form of slight against the staff. But I do know for a fact that the change in location was a bone of contention. Whilst at the braehead there was time for looking out windows and seeing everyday life at the harbour, it gave many a great deal of pleasure.,

no offence taken just pointing out the difference where the braehead was once a lunch club , we are now as i mentioned a more professional service:D

with the view of lots of choppers and planes.!!!!!!!!
we needed a bigger and more efficient building ...we now have it.. but we still are the braehead charity..same group..just moved on slightly:D

TBH
06-Dec-08, 01:01
no offence taken just pointing out the difference where the braehead was once a lunch club , we are now as i mentioned a more professional service:D

with the view of lots of choppers and planes.!!!!!!!!
we needed a bigger and more efficient building ...we now have it.. but we still are the braehead charity..same group..just moved on slightly:DI never meant any offence so I am glad none was taken.
Whether the Braehead centre was once a lunch club or not, I am sure a professional service was provided at all times.
My feeling is, did the patients want bigger and better or were they quite happy with what they had. Wasn,t losing the view of the harbour and seeing it's daily routines a great loss to the elderly of Caithness? Is bigger actually better or is quality more important?

Fran
06-Dec-08, 05:29
I used to work with the Braehead centre many moons ago and loved it. it was like a big family but they were squashed in the building and moved to bigger and better premises. some were upset at the time, but they were still all together and the premises were new and bigger and there was so much more for them to do. It was a good move.
The premises are still being used for the hyperbaric oxygen chamber and several charities use the place for their meetings.

Kevin Milkins
07-Dec-08, 19:38
I called in to have my reading done Trix and it was empty and evryone had gone home.:confused

trix
07-Dec-08, 19:43
aw, ats a shame kev, 'e crack wis brilliant.

da ken how much £s we raised yet, but thanks til everyone that showed face...

much appreciated ;)