PDA

View Full Version : Wick Tax office closure

golach
04-Dec-08, 14:37
Just heard this sad news, more jobs lost

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7764767.stm

telfordstar
04-Dec-08, 15:35
Thats such a shame and couldnt of happened at a worse time of year.

dirdyweeker
04-Dec-08, 16:22
Can confirm that the Wick Tax Office will be closed by 2012. Obviously if all staff were to voluntarily leave of their own free will it would close earlier.
There will be a "Tax Presence" of 2 staff kept in Wick but not in the building now being used as a Tax Office.
Shame really as there are many staff who have been there for many years. Let's hope some decent jobs come up for them. Seems to be a sign of our times.:(

muffin
04-Dec-08, 16:23
Absolutely awful to lose your job at any time of year but especially when there are so many people looking for jobs, these people have all my best wishes for a new and better job.

oldchemist
04-Dec-08, 21:39
Great shame for all those who lose their jobs. So much for re-generating the economy to counter the Dounreay rundown?

Fly
05-Dec-08, 00:39
Years ago when I started working in Edinburgh I went to the local office for my area at lunchtime and tax problems were sorted out in no time at all.
As well as people losing their jobs ( so much for helping the local economy with the rundown of Dounreay) it will be so much more difficult for anyone to get help. Progress? I don't think so.