PDA

View Full Version : Next/Freemans Courier Service

flowertot
04-Dec-08, 11:24
Is anyone else experiencing problems with the courier service for Next and Freemans???

Parcels were meant to be uplifted last week, but weren't. [evil] When I phoned Next, etc they advised that there wasn't any problems with the courier and re-booked for them to be uplifted this week.

They still have not been uplifted.

It is strange as the guy who normally delivers for next, etc is really good.

If anyone can shed any light on this problem I would be grateful.

x

mums angels
04-Dec-08, 14:29
Is anyone else experiencing problems with the courier service for Next and Freemans???

Parcels were meant to be uplifted last week, but weren't. [evil] When I phoned Next, etc they advised that there wasn't any problems with the courier and re-booked for them to be uplifted this week.

They still have not been uplifted.

It is strange as the guy who normally delivers for next, etc is really good.

If anyone can shed any light on this problem I would be grateful.

x

No problems here have had a delivery form next everyday this week and they uplifted a return parcel yesterday with no problems, i'm still waiting for one parcel but have been advised its on a delay ...just hope it gets here before xmas, hope you get it sorted soon .

flowertot
04-Dec-08, 17:18
No problems here have had a delivery form next everyday this week and they uplifted a return parcel yesterday with no problems, i'm still waiting for one parcel but have been advised its on a delay ...just hope it gets here before xmas, hope you get it sorted soon .

What's the company again that uplift the parcels, it used to be JMS, but they lost the contract seemingly. Not sure who it is now, it does seem a bit strange that you are getting them uplifted and I am not and we are both in Thurso.

Both Next and Freemans have confirmed that they are putting the requests through for them to get uplifted.

If I got the name of the courier I could phone them direct, probably best bet.

WeeBurd
04-Dec-08, 23:38
What's the company again that uplift the parcels, it used to be JMS, but they lost the contract seemingly. Not sure who it is now, it does seem a bit strange that you are getting them uplifted and I am not and we are both in Thurso.

Both Next and Freemans have confirmed that they are putting the requests through for them to get uplifted.

As far as I know it's still JMS/DMS that do Next - I had our regular courier here on Tuesday. I don't have their number to hand, but you should get from yell.com or whatever.

I must admit, I have parcels to go back that should have been picked up yesterday, but since I'm expecting something else in the next couple of days, I haven't bothered chasing as I'd imagine they're flat out just now.

poppett
05-Dec-08, 18:57
AJG delivered to me on Tuesday but refused (with a sweary word) to take a return which I had waited in specially for the previous day. I emailed the company and they arranged the uplift for today. When the same guy turned up his excuse was he didn`t have any returns receipts on Tuesday. Could he not have said that politely instead of EFf on the street across two gardens!

mums angels
05-Dec-08, 20:27

Sorry couldn't tell you who delivered them and when they picked up the parcel i never looked at the van , i have another pick up arranged for wednesday 10th so will see if that gets picked up fine too , only thing that i couldnt understand is that i have a delivery scheduled for Tuesday but they said they couldn't pick up until Wednesday ..very odd

Just noticed poppet's reply they obviously only pick up at certain times/days seems to be a waste of guys time comming to the same place twice
Can you still return them via post office free of charge does anybody know ?

telfordstar
05-Dec-08, 20:39
I always return my next parcels in the post office free of charge

footie chick
05-Dec-08, 23:12
seems to be a waste of guys time comming to the same place twice
?

Dont they get paid per delivery and collection? In the past I've had a delivery in the morning and then the same guy came back at night for the returns he wouldn't take it in the morning?:roll: