PDA

View Full Version : "WHY WOULD YOU" Sports??

brokencross
04-Dec-08, 08:55
I have taken up some new sports, I call them the "why would you" sports.

My first one is Pro Bull Riding.......... "WHY WOULD YOU" get on the back of a big wild horned beastie and try and stay on for 8 seconds. Then when the 8 seconds is up you have to get off in one piece, what fun! (Also why would you be one of the "clowns" who have to distract the bulls to stop them mashing the contestants after they fall off)

Another one is Red Bull X Fighters......... "WHY WOULD YOU" get on a motorbike, drive full speed at a steep ramp and when you are airborne, turn the bike upside down through 360 degrees, let go with your hands and kick your legs out, wave to the crowd and then get back on the bike while trying to find the ground wheels first. And not being satisfied with surviving it once, they go and do the same thing and worse, over and over.

Then there is Monster Jam........... "WHY WOULD YOU" beautifully customise a 4x4 vehicle, put outrageously big wheels and suspension on it and then drive round jumping over ramps, crushed cars and buses systematically destroying your pride and joy. Some of them are not satisfied until they roll it over and crush the cab.

Danish Tractor Pulling......."WHY WOULD YOU" customise a tractor, attach a really heavy weight behind it and try to drag along a slippy, muddy track to see if you can do it further than some other Danish Tractor Driver.

Not forgetting the I am a Lumberjack and I am OK competitions............."WHY WOULD YOU" attack poor defenceless logs with an Underhand Chop, Two Man Crosscut, Standing Block Chop, Springboard Chop and a Jack & Jill Crosscut and then go Tree Climbing.

By the way the initial statement should read "I have taken up watching some new sports. Anyone else got the "WHY WOULD YOU" sports bug??

northener
04-Dec-08, 10:11
The Red Bull flying competition......jeez.:eek:

brokencross
04-Dec-08, 11:10
The Red Bull flying competition......jeez.:eek:
Oh yea forgot about that ......."WHY WOULD YOU" fly a wee plane swooping, ducking and diving at great speed through a chicane of big blow up rubber cones over water.

Gizmo
04-Dec-08, 12:33
Why?..because the adrenaline rush you get is out of this world, i've not done any of the things you listed, but i have always been big into my extreme sports, the buzz you get from snowboarding down a black run in the french alps, riding a Bmx bike high out the top of a vert ramp or doing a bungee jump is the ultimate adrenaline rush, yes it's dangerous.....but it's worth it.

wifie
04-Dec-08, 12:39
Oh yea forgot about that ......."WHY WOULD YOU" fly a wee plane swooping, ducking and diving at great speed through a chicane of big blow up rubber cones over water.
I love watchin that! Looks exciting! :)

Kevin Milkins
04-Dec-08, 15:07
My dad used to get furious about people that climbed mountains for fun.:mad:
If he was listening to a mountain rescue story he would say "serves them right, leave them up their, they ought to have more sense wasting people's time".:confused

Gizmo
04-Dec-08, 16:08
My dad used to get furious about people that climbed mountains for fun.:mad:
If he was listening to a mountain rescue story he would say "serves them right, leave them up their, they ought to have more sense wasting people's time".:confused

Life would be so mundane if we didn't live dangerously from time to time, i have lived life on the edge many times, but unfortunately i have fallen off the edge quite a few times :lol:

wifie
04-Dec-08, 16:26
As long as you don't fall on the edge - could be painful! :eek: