PDA

View Full Version : snow

scoobs
03-Dec-08, 18:31
Are we going to get much snow tonight.

unicorn
03-Dec-08, 18:32
ok nobody told me we were due snow tonight :lol: I thought it was just cold brrrrr[lol]

rfr10
03-Dec-08, 18:34
There is a 60% chance of Severe Blizzards, Snow and Drifting Snow for the Highland (This is the lowest risk for the regions of the UK which weather warnings have been issued) 80% for parts of England.

That's accoroding to the MET office. It's definitly cold enough but I can't see there being a lot.

Riffman
03-Dec-08, 19:36
From what i can make out studying the charts, it will start here about 02:00 and snow until about 06:00. Then cloudy until about 12:00. More showers, then clearing by friday morning. Cold enough to make it last 2 days though.

silverfox57
03-Dec-08, 20:31
when they get some snow,south of england its on news ever hour, how
will they get to work.and so on,up hear in caithness
we carry on with Little fuss,hardy lot us highlanders.

2little2late
03-Dec-08, 20:33
One question though.
How does the man who drives the snowplough get to work? [lol] [lol]

Tugmistress
03-Dec-08, 21:00
Personally i don't think we will get any, although if we do it wont last past morning/lunch, further south seems to be getting the worst of it, aviemore south to glasgow/edinburgh line.

Kodiak
03-Dec-08, 21:07
Thanks Tugmistress for this information, I can go out tomorrow then for some shopping. :D I can not stand the snow and I mean that as I always fall down, OUCH !!

Riffman
03-Dec-08, 22:16
Well I'm jolly well hoping we aint getting much, i'm moving house tommorrow!

daviddd
03-Dec-08, 23:05
just 1mm forecast fer Caithness - a mere dusting..

Average
03-Dec-08, 23:39
Have a few inches in the Borders just now. More forcast overnight. I moved my car to save me having to clear the drive to get it out tomorrow morning.

A9RUNNER
04-Dec-08, 05:29
Plenty down south but none up here I am afraid. I love the stuff and wish that we had several feet of snow every winter. The traffic scotland webcams are showing snow at the Slocht just now.

neepnipper
04-Dec-08, 08:23
No snow but blowing an absolute hooley, cold too, wrap up warm!!

Skerries
04-Dec-08, 19:03
One question though.
How does the man who drives the snowplough get to work? [lol] [lol]

Some take their lorries home and the unlucky ones have to skite all the way to work in a humble car! ;)

changilass
04-Dec-08, 19:12
Personally i don't think we will get any, although if we do it wont last past morning/lunch, further south seems to be getting the worst of it, aviemore south to glasgow/edinburgh line.

As usual, our very own weather girl was spot on again. :D

Well done Tuggs

TRUCKER
04-Dec-08, 21:45
And some have to walk.