PDA

View Full Version : box

riggerboy
30-Nov-08, 17:58
right i am really bored, been sitting in my office all day, with nothing to do, no windows to look out of, nobody to speak to,yes i am in a box in the middle of a bigger box in the middle of the north sea, somebody please help a poor lonely bored old man, someone somewhere must have some crack,????? any thing will do ????

12 hours of nothing pleaseeeeeeeeeeee help

unicorn
30-Nov-08, 18:10
Swap I just cleaned out 21 guinea pigs and I need a bath pooooo :lol:

theone
30-Nov-08, 18:14
Platform cleanup?

Kodiak
30-Nov-08, 18:16
right i am really bored, been sitting in my office all day, with nothing to do, no windows to look out of, nobody to speak to,yes i am in a box in the middle of a bigger box in the middle of the north sea, somebody please help a poor lonely bored old man, someone somewhere must have some crack,????? any thing will do ????

Been there, done that and bought the T-Shirt. As an ex Lighthouse Keeper I know all about being bored and lonely at work.

Since you have internet why no go online and play a game, I can recommend :-

http://www.darkpirates.com

It is also free and you will meet lots of other people of all ages, I mean all ages fro 16 to 96.

Billy Boy
30-Nov-08, 18:21
Surely on a rig their will be plenty of magazine's that could pass a few minutes :D

Gizmo
30-Nov-08, 18:23
Surely on a rig their will be plenty of magazine's that could pass a few minutes :D

You mean like the Radio Times? ;)

riggerboy
30-Nov-08, 18:26
Platform cleanup?

nope im the permit manny all permits issued first thing now sitting with a
restricted internet, and no radio as i`m on the barge,

why would any 1 have that many pigs ????

Kodiak
30-Nov-08, 18:31

After you have been out for a week or more, either on a Rig or Lighthouse, a few magazines will not cut it.

I will tell you how bad it can get, I even used to watch Hitman and Her in the wee hours of the morning just for something to do. :rolleyes:

I was a Keeper for 15 years on a rock station and 10 years on a Mainland station. Seven and half years of the 15 I was away in the middle of nowhere with only 2 other keepers as company, most of the time who were in bed when I was up.

So anything helps to break the boredom that is why I suggested an online game.

Billy Boy
30-Nov-08, 18:33
You mean like the Radio Times? ;)

Was thinkin something a bit more racey than that lol, like the farmers weekly......[para]

riggerboy
30-Nov-08, 18:34
After you have been out for a week or more, either on a Rig or Lighthouse, a few magazines will not cut it.

I will tell you how bad it can get, I even used to watch Hitman and Her in the wee hours of the morning just for something to do. :rolleyes:

I was a Keeper for 15 years on a rock station and 10 years on a Mainland station. Seven and half years of the 15 I was away in the middle of nowhere with only 2 other keepers as company, most of the time who were in bed when I was up.

So anything helps to break the boredom that is why I suggested an online game.

good god your making me feel better already, that job of yours sound mind blowing but boring, how long did you do in the lighthouse at a time ?????

riggerboy
30-Nov-08, 18:35
Was thinkin something a bit more racey than that lol, like the farmers weekly......[para]

dont get that either on here but i did find an old argos book yehaa

Billy Boy
30-Nov-08, 18:55
dont get that either on here but i did find an old argos book yehaa

A argos book wouldna be my choice, but beggars can't be choosers lol [lol]

unicorn
30-Nov-08, 19:04
cos I am a glutton for punishment, and spoil my child rotten [lol]

trinkie
30-Nov-08, 19:05
Here's a poem for you - there are so many good ones here on the Lit Page. Why not write one yourself and submit it to Caithness.org !! Good Luck.....

Friday's E' Nicht !
by Achawa.
c. 1952

Friday nicht's 'e nicht o' nichts,
'E length an breadth o' Caithness,
When Thirso loons aye leave e' toon
Til dance elsewhere in Caithness.

Til Watten, Week and Castletoon,
They hie til meet e' lassies,
Til Halkirk, Reay and Murkle too,
They speed their cars and bussies.

'E Trooser crease wid cut yer throt,
Their gleamin' shoes wid blin' ye,
They're richt smert chiels on Friday Nicht,
When they go til 'e country.

Their hair sleeked doon, their Yankee ties,
Clean hankies in their pockads,
'E doorman ken them all by sicht,
When they ask for their tickads.

'E country lassies watch them come -
Chist listen til their chatter
'Ere's Donnie and Willie
At reyd chiel - he's fae Scraibster'

'E band strikes up an eightsome reel
'E Thirsa boys are pechan,
But ye can bet they're no beyt yet -
They'll sev some wind for waltsan.

An' when that parting moment comes,
( An mind ye id's only richt )
'E whole World stops and Time stans still -
In Caithness - on Friday Nicht

scottygirl
30-Nov-08, 19:25

Ah, been there sooo many times. Nothing like being stuck in the middle of the north sea and the nights I sat and read the argos catalogue from cover to cover are just scary!!! [lol]
Chin up, at least it will sonn be crewchange and the sound of the chopper is always a smile on the face maker.
What part of the north sea you in? I used to be out and about in the central sea.

Bobinovich
30-Nov-08, 20:28
Sounds like hell to me . . . maybe a DS or other handheld game console?

canuck
30-Nov-08, 20:36
riggerboy, do you have any street lights out there? No, you said that you were in a box within a box so I guess not. Perhaps you could support Errogie in his campaign to rid the world of excess lighting.

fingalmacool
30-Nov-08, 20:50
Apparently it was so cold in Wick yesterday that a solicitor was seen with his hands in his own pockets:lol:

sweetpea
30-Nov-08, 21:49

Try to relive your youth, or play back nice pictures in your head such as holidays, romantic moments etc. As soon as you get back on dry land visit a therapist[lol]

Amy-Winehouse
30-Nov-08, 23:24
My partner says get a job on a Semi , then you wont be so bored. Whens your shift over? A frame of snooker or a dvd should sort you out eh?

Look at the money your earning for being bored & onlyn work half the year:D

yogi
30-Nov-08, 23:52
Well riggerboy you made me laugh, sitting in your office all day,,,, [lol]

Nah I don’t think so you forgot to mention your little afternoon kip about 3 hours every day, And you do have a window in your office it’s covered up so no one can see you with your feet up in the recliner doing nothing, as for NOBODY to speak to come on,,,,, our ears are bleeding on a daily basis.!!

Platform cleanup?

The only thing riggerboy has cleaned up is all the sweeties in the galley….:eek:

Try to relive your youth, or play back nice pictures in your head such as holidays, romantic moments etc. As soon as you get back on dry land visit a therapist[lol]

Good point sweetpea but I think riggerboy should see dietician it’s a little to late for a therapist.

sweetpea
30-Nov-08, 23:56
point sweetpea but I think riggerboy should see dietician it’s a little to late for a therapist. [/quote]

Maybe your right.:)

riggerboy
01-Dec-08, 09:50
Ah, been there sooo many times. Nothing like being stuck in the middle of the north sea and the nights I sat and read the argos catalogue from cover to cover are just scary!!! [lol]
Chin up, at least it will sonn be crewchange and the sound of the chopper is always a smile on the face maker.
What part of the north sea you in? I used to be out and about in the central sea.

northern part and yes the chooper comes on tues day canna wait, out here for christmas and home for new year, i take you have given up the north sea for better things,

riggerboy
01-Dec-08, 09:52
Apparently it was so cold in Wick yesterday that a solicitor was seen with his hands in his own pockets:lol:

brilliant blooman brilliant

riggerboy
01-Dec-08, 09:55
point sweetpea but I think riggerboy should see dietician it’s a little to late for a therapist.

Maybe your right.:)[/QUOTE]

yes a dietician anyone know of any good ones, remember the food out here is all deep fired if you want healthy the weetabix are in the box below the counter,

YOGI stay away from the bond, or you will need to grease you suit up to get off

yogi
01-Dec-08, 12:20
You should try D S Mcgregor & Partners at the industrial estate wick they might be able to help you with your dietary problems.

I suggest a smaller Nosebag animal feed suppliers stock more than one size, ken fit like .:lol:

northener
01-Dec-08, 13:00
Shoulda joined the Royal Navy instead, Riggerboy!

Mucho entertainment and BEER.

Tilter
01-Dec-08, 13:23

Wow Rigger, 12 hours to spend on an Org addiction. After you've spent 12 hours thinking about the meaning of life, we'll be expecting you to be starting all sorts of thought-provoking or more light-hearted threads for the rest of us to chew on.

How limited is your Internet? I'd be looking at the on-line papers all day. As it is I'm off out to pick up dog poo, do some homework, think about what to have for dinner, maybe a spot of vacuuming, clean the bathroom, etc et. You've got all the luck Rigger!!!! :)

scottygirl
01-Dec-08, 14:30
northern part and yes the chooper comes on tues day canna wait, out here for christmas and home for new year, i take you have given up the north sea for better things,

Hey, well, kind of, still have a lot to do with the rigs but from a shiny office in Aberdeen.
Home every night and still on shifts so the very best of both worlds.
Home tomorrow, splendid, I too am on shift over crimbo time but we don't do the whole games and raffles. Pity, I miss the expectation of what I will get in the POB raffle and how the hell I was going to get it off the rig and up north!!!! lol

(POB - Persons on Board) for all you land lubbaas!!! :lol:

riggerboy
01-Dec-08, 14:52
Hey, well, kind of, still have a lot to do with the rigs but from a shiny office in Aberdeen.
Home every night and still on shifts so the very best of both worlds.
Home tomorrow, splendid, I too am on shift over crimbo time but we don't do the whole games and raffles. Pity, I miss the expectation of what I will get in the POB raffle and how the hell I was going to get it off the rig and up north!!!! lol

(POB - Persons on Board) for all you land lubbaas!!! :lol:

ahh that makes sense now, you are now a land lover yourself, working 9 to 5 but 5 days a week 48 weeks a year, dont think i could handle that,

think i`ll stick to the boredom of the rig lol

which great and mighty company are you with

riggerboy
01-Dec-08, 14:53
Shoulda joined the Royal Navy instead, Riggerboy!

Mucho entertainment and BEER.

beer beer beer beer beer now you just broke my heart ;-(

riggerboy
01-Dec-08, 15:01
You should try D S Mcgregor & Partners at the industrial estate wick they might be able to help you with your dietary problems.

I suggest a smaller Nosebag animal feed suppliers stock more than one size, ken fit like .:lol:

tis a shame that yogi is such a slob (lol)

says the man that not a person will sit beside due to his terrible eating habits,

the only man onboard that has toe boards around his plate to keep the volume of food on it,
you really should brush your teeth more often my boy, that hallitosis is getting worse by the day, gladly i`m off tuesday, i will find some old gas mask for your wife to wear on your home coming lol, o and picking yer nose at the table over lunch is just no on, could you also refrain from digging in about you oversized ears and contiunally smearing it over your sleeve, there is enough wax on there to make a candle, also the laundry does NOT cost anything it is free for all to get there clothes washed, so if you wouldnt mind using it, that would be nice for all around you,i wont go on about your weeping boil on your cheek as that is just a bit personal,

scottygirl
03-Dec-08, 13:49
ahh that makes sense now, you are now a land lover yourself, working 9 to 5 but 5 days a week 48 weeks a year, dont think i could handle that,

think i`ll stick to the boredom of the rig lol

which great and mighty company are you with

Ah, an office punter I may be but shift still, 12 hours a day and 2/3 rota. Tough life huh!!!!
I work for the big company on the high hill up in Tullos!!!! Everyone's favourite Villain.:confused What about you, who pays you to sit about, oops, sorry work hard!!!!
Couldn't handle the office hours, 5 days a week thing, not after over 14 years offshore. It would have been torture!!

Hope you are having a good leave, but then they are all good!!!
[lol]

riggerboy
04-Dec-08, 11:18
Ah, an office punter I may be but shift still, 12 hours a day and 2/3 rota. Tough life huh!!!!
I work for the big company on the high hill up in Tullos!!!! Everyone's favourite Villain.:confused What about you, who pays you to sit about, oops, sorry work hard!!!!
Couldn't handle the office hours, 5 days a week thing, not after over 14 years offshore. It would have been torture!!

Hope you are having a good leave, but then they are all good!!!
[lol]

2/3 sounds good, we are 2/2 with the mighty RBG be with them for years and they have been very good to me,what is you do now ??

Iffy
05-Dec-08, 15:52
A very wild stab at this but I think that Scottygirl is now into her horses, have I got the right person ???:roll:

wndyndy
05-Dec-08, 21:57
doing some Crossword or Sudoku if you can get some, it is very good way to pass the borning time!:D

scottygirl
11-Dec-08, 13:24
A very wild stab at this but I think that Scottygirl is now into her horses, have I got the right person ???:roll:

Not a horsie fan at all I'm afraid, never really have been, in fact, never been on one in my life!! Sorry!!:)

scottygirl
11-Dec-08, 13:28
I look after platforms, as in talk to them and monitor them operationally. Make sure the oil and gas comes out the ground and hits the shores!!! Fun fun fun.
Every day is a new day and is totally different, never sure what you guys offshore will hit us with, trips, blackouts, emergencies, all part and parcel of my "day job. "
I am the "Big Brother" type person who keeps an eye on everyone to see that they are doing what they should be. lol

dakud007
11-Dec-08, 14:19
What a miserable life we are having!i am in the town everyday, but i also feel that i am dying of borning!:(

right i am really bored, with nothing to do, no windows to look out of, nobody to speak to,yes i am in a box in the middle of a bigger box in the middle of the north sea, somebody please help a poor lonely bored old man, someone somewhere must have some crack,?????