PDA

View Full Version : David Rosie b: 1820 and David Rosie b: abt 1849

Kathb
22-Nov-08, 12:53
Does anyone have David Rosie born: Canisbay 12th November 1820. David married Margaret Sinclair (born Wick, about 1822) marriage date: 5th April 1844 Wick. This is submitted information from the IGI it is not substantiated data.
David (b: 1849) married Robertina (? Robina) Anderson 29th November 1872
One of their children Janet Anderson Rosie was my husbands grandmother. Janet (known as Netta) was born Wick 21st July 1869. Netta married George Smith June 23rd 1911, in Halkirk.
If anyone has these in their tree and has substantiated data I would appreciate your help.
Regards
Kathb

Mosser
22-Nov-08, 18:48
have sent you a pm re this I have all info

Mamie_2
23-Nov-08, 00:07
Pretty sure Janet is one of my cousins. I have David Rosie and Margaret Sinclair's death certificates. David's mother Rachel Manson did marry in 1823 to Thomas Innes who is definitely my relation. David's father is supposed to be David Rosie 1788 s/o of John Rosie and Janet Williamson. While I can't prove it I think John and Janet are my 4th great grandparentsl

What do you have on her husband George Smith? Would you know who is parents are? I have Smith relatives as well.

Mamie

Kathb
23-Nov-08, 12:24
Hi, Mamie, thank you for the information on David Rosie parents. We have corresponded before in November 2007 re: the Smith Line. Did you find any connections?
I have the Smith information on a GEDCOM file if you would like it send me a PM with your email address and I will forward it to you.
Regards
Kathb