PDA

View Full Version : Wick Business Park

north_skye
23-Jan-06, 13:36
What is going on in the wick business park ?

Is there actually someone going to populate the place with a business or is this just another case attempt to encourage business but actually waste money putting up another un-used building ??

katarina
23-Jan-06, 14:48
I'm scared you may have hit the nail on the head there.

spurtle
23-Jan-06, 15:15
I would have thought that the sensible thing would to have had businesses lined up wanting space before building it. Money seems plentiful in some cases and scarce in others.How much did it cost anyway?

badger
23-Jan-06, 19:34
Isn't it going to be a dental college?

ice box
23-Jan-06, 19:39
I thought the building that was already there was going to be the dental college

ice box
23-Jan-06, 19:52
Maybe bill might know .

JAWS
23-Jan-06, 19:55
Perhaps they haven't allowed anybody in there so far because there is still concern that it might cause horrific traffic congestion.

DW
23-Jan-06, 20:41
What is going on in the wick business park ?

Is there actually someone going to populate the place with a business or is this just another case attempt to encourage business but actually waste money putting up another un-used building ??

Wick Business Park - another great notion from the D.S.I.

landmarker
23-Jan-06, 20:59
Well if it is to be a 'dental college' you might be able to get dentistry on the nhs or even free for a while, if you're willing to volunteer as guinea-pigs for students.

A subsidised service (via OUR taxes) is being denied to more and more people around here. You can't find an NHS dentist for love nor money.

There is a huge Dental Hospital in Manchester where you can still go for free treatment, mostly administered by students. I've been once. I would not go back willingly unless I was desperate. Enough said.

burstbucker
24-Jan-06, 11:22
The existing building is for the dentist and is to be redeveloped inside for their purposes. The two new building's are being built as HIE have an underspend and must dispose of their funds before the end of March.