PDA

View Full Version : Holidays!

Big G
22-Jan-06, 21:02
So has anyone else booked their summer holiday yet?

My mum booked one for our whole family about 2 weeks ago - we are going to Italy, Lake Garda! The picture in the brochure looks GREAT!

Has anyone been to Italy? if so whats it like? :cool:

ice box
22-Jan-06, 21:07
So has anyone else booked their summer holiday yet?

My mum booked one for our whole family about 2 weeks ago - we are going to Italy, Lake Garda! The picture in the brochure looks GREAT!

Has anyone been to Italy? if so whats it like? :cool:
Lucky you the furthest i will get to go on holiday is probably loth. lol

spiggie
22-Jan-06, 21:09
Hoping to go to paris in july, so that should be quite good :) cant wait!

JAWS
22-Jan-06, 21:22
Why wait until July, paris only stays locally.

landmarker
22-Jan-06, 21:30
Italy is fantastic !
I have only been to the south - a place called Sorrento, and the Amalfi coastline. I think the architecture is stunning. At first everywhere looks a little run down and old, but soon you begin to feel at home amongst these narrow streets and interesting alleyways. The patina of age which these buildings carry makes them all the more fascinating. I love the food too, Lasagne and Cannelloni are amongst my favourites. The people are ever so nice and friendly. Italy is a very family orientated culture where Mum (or Momma) is usually the boss! Children are often extremely polite.

Lake Garda is one of those places I have often thought about visiting but never quite made it (yet) I bet you have a great time.

porshiepoo
22-Jan-06, 22:42
Crete in August, here we come. :D :D

Going with hubby and kids and my sister and her family, can't wait!!!!

ice box
22-Jan-06, 23:03
italy ,paris,crete spain al nice places but still can't beat good old caithness weather would'nt change it for the world :lol:

Saveman
22-Jan-06, 23:04
would anyone recommend a good source for last minute hols? apart from lastminute.com obviously...

Rheghead
22-Jan-06, 23:33

Take plenty of cash with you because it is very expensive even if you are trying to get by on a budget.

I am going to Scotland for me holidays, Rum Eigg and Muck. Then to Tiree and Coll. Later going to Fife.

Rheghead
22-Jan-06, 23:35
would anyone recommend a good source for last minute hols? apart from lastminute.com obviously...

Have you thought of just going camping or going B&Bing on spec? It is great going away and not knowing where you are going to stay that night!:D

Saveman
23-Jan-06, 00:21
Have you thought of just going camping or going B&Bing on spec? It is great going away and not knowing where you are going to stay that night!:D

Yeah, that thought does appeal. Done similiar quite a few times. I'm not sure I fancy doing that in Spain though, not until my Spanish is at a higher standard anyway! :)

teddybear1873
23-Jan-06, 01:20
Hoping to travel by car from Louisiana to Seattle, 2700 mile drive via Dallas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Oregon then Washington State, should be good............i hope

callum
23-Jan-06, 01:37
italy is great went there a few years ago came back a stone heavier foods great and wine plentiful and very cheap

squidge
23-Jan-06, 10:42
Im going to Fance in October maybe Spain next spring - want to drive through the real Spain and B & B it.

fingers crossed

katarina
23-Jan-06, 15:34
I've got a return ticket to Edinburgh.,............

caithnessgirl
24-Jan-06, 19:15
me and my other half are planning a hol this year, thinking Mallorca etc, not too expensive!! lol anyone recommend anywhere theyve been and really enjoyed? Not bothered about pubs n clubs, love the sea, beach, swimming pool, water park,shops, sealife centres etc etc...
Been to Alcudia in Mallorca few years back, really enjoyed it.
ANY SUGGESTIONS?! :Razz

wickerinca
24-Jan-06, 19:20
Coming home in April but hoping for a wwk in the Caribbean before then ....if I can drag hubby away form work!!

krieve
24-Jan-06, 20:26
Lucky you the furthest i will get to go on holiday is probably loth. lol
this might be a stupid question ice box but where is Loth???

wickerinca
24-Jan-06, 23:36
Ice box must be off in the freezer but i'll tell you. Loth is just south of Helmsdale. Lovely beach!!

landmarker
25-Jan-06, 20:15
Ice box must be off in the freezer but i'll tell you. Loth is just south of Helmsdale. Lovely beach!!

Loth sounds allright to me. We were in Helmsdale recently and wondered where the beach was !

Rheghead: despite our obvious disagreements your choice of holiday islands cannot be faulted. Splendid - may the sun shine.

cuddlepop
25-Jan-06, 20:22
Gigha's beautiful,well worth a visit.Hopefully we'll be up in Caithness for our hols:D

tisme
26-Jan-06, 13:41
Yip...it's Costa Del Wick for me this year.

Alice in Blunderland
26-Jan-06, 20:32
Taking the kids to Ballamory then off to a cottage in Cornwall or thereabouts for the summer holidays.We were in Paris last year when we went to Euro Disney and it was expensive but lovely and dare I say a little too hot for me.