PDA

View Full Version : Car boot sale 7 scottish country dancing

WICK FAMILY CENTRE
07-Nov-08, 14:29
A big Hello to everyone

We are Wick Family Centre. We are located at Bank Row in Wick – behind MacKay’s Hotel, to the bottom and opposite Wick Heritage Centre (directions/map can forwarded). We wanted to let everyone know what’s happening with us and what we have to offer.

We support child care provision for our Little Nippers (pre-school), our after school club and offer full wrap-a-round child care – collection service available. We have a fully equipped events hall which can be used/hired for parties, meetings, schools, exercise, cookery etc and we are in the process of developing a fuller programme of events for our local and wider community (see What’s On In Caithness, under Entertainment).

On Sunday 23 November, we are holding a CAR BOOT sale in the Wick Family Centre. The sale is from 12-4pm with set up from 11am and refreshments provided for all. Price is £5 per table and entrance is free! I’ve already seen some of the items being sold; one seller has lots of ladies and children’s clothes, most of them nearly new and many with tags still attached – blouses, jumpers, trousers, suits, coats etc and all from £1-£4! There are lots of quality household items, children’s toys and tools, so hopefully, something for everyone! Our car boot sale will now be held every month and we will advise as to December’s date. Please come along and make some money for Christmas and grab a bargain!

We are also holding a taste of SCOTTISH COUNTRY DANCING. This is at the centre and is on Wednesday 26 November from 2-4pm. Denise Imrie from the Janet Street club in Thurso is leading the show and we would ask anyone wanting an introduction to this to come along, have a go and have some fun! Entry is £2.50 and refreshments are provided.

We will be holding lots more events over the coming weeks. If you have any suggestions as to what we could offer or for more details/bookings about the above events/centre either call in to see us or contact us on 01955 606065 or e-mail wickfamilycentre@mail.com

Margaret M.
07-Nov-08, 15:26
Good luck with your venture -- it sounds like it will be a great addition to the area.

telfordstar
07-Nov-08, 15:41
Good luck. My daughter was at the lilltle nippers and what a fantastic lot they all were. Such a great well equiped building hopefully by posting whats on in it here on the org it will get used more.

Dorrie
07-Nov-08, 18:27
Good luck it sounds like you don't need it though. I think I may just book a car boot stall! Scottish Country Dancing will be a handy reminder before all of the Christmas Parties too! :)

WICK FAMILY CENTRE
10-Nov-08, 15:04
Thank you to everybody for your good wishes, both thru' Org and personally. I'd just like to remind everyone there's less than two weeks to our next events and if you'd like to book a Car boot table (only 4 left now) or are interested in our Scottish Country dancing, please contact us or call in (details above). If you have any ideas and/or suggestions as to what you’d like to experience from Wick Family Centre then please call in or let us know. See you all soon.

Dorrie
14-Nov-08, 16:55
As some of the stuff I will be selling is Reference Manuals and such like I thought I would post a list of them here so anyone who may be interested just needs to come along on the day. :)

Games for PC, such as:
Who wants to be a Millionaire
Beat Up a Millionaire
Tomb Raider 3 - NEW
Weakest Link
Quake Arena
The Thing
Xplosive
Grand Theft Auto
Graphics Suite 2
Descent3 – NEW
Archipelagos – NEW
Treadmarks
Webmaster (Game)
Grim Fandango

Reference Books:
Office 97 Annoyances
Macromedia Dreamweaver For Windows and Mackintosh
Macromedia Dreamweaver Using Dreamweaver 4
The Complete Reference Microsoft Office 97
Instant HTML Programmer’s Reference
The Complete Reference FrontPage 2000
Photoshop for Windows For Dummies
Photography The Guide to Technique
The Camera Book
Systems Analysis and Design
Windows 95 Answers
More Windows for Dummies
Mastering Turbo Pascal 4 (2nd Edition)
The Revolutionary Guide to Turbo Pascal
dBase III+ Training Guide
Lotus 123 Technical Applications
Set of Original BORLAND Turbo Pascal Reference Manuals
Teeline Revised Edition
Teach Yourself Business Studies

Jonna
16-Nov-08, 11:14
What a great idea to list items for sale!

I've also booked a table at Wick Family Centre Car Boot on Sunday 23 November. I'll be selling: CLOTHES!
Most new with tags and some nearly new. Adults and childrens clothes. Blouses/tops, jumpers and sweaters, trousers and skirts, jackets/fleeces, suits and coats. All priced between £1 and £4. All designer or good brand names and all excellent quality. I've also some designer handbags.

We're moving house and need space, so all to go!

Thanks and see you there.

WICK FAMILY CENTRE
17-Nov-08, 12:21
Good morning everyone

We wanted to thank everyone for the great response and interest we've had for our events and to remind all there's less than a week to the Car Boot sale on Sunday 23 November between 12-4pm, and just over a week until our Scottish Country Dancing on Wednesday 26 November between 2-4pm.

Just to remind all sellers, it may be an idea to bring carrier bags and to have plenty of change.

Come along to our events; make some money, grab a bargain and have some fun!

See you there.

Dorrie
20-Nov-08, 00:22
Also for sale at Car Boot will be:

Belly Dance Hip Scarves
Belly Dance Tops

http://www.shira.net/clipjo/jobeldan2.gif

Would make a superb Christmas Present, all brand new.