PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Band

Invisible
04-Nov-08, 17:20
Plain and simple who is your favourite band?

I had to think long and hard about this and decided it was between Barenaked Ladies, KISS and Red Hot Chili Peppers.

In the end I went with KISS - maybe my avatar was a giveaway

bigbenjokazooie
04-Nov-08, 23:03
Alter Bridge!

Rock!

BazzaG
05-Nov-08, 09:53
Easy one for me

Metallica

Phoebus_Apollo
05-Nov-08, 14:16
My top three..

Steely Dan -

Zappa -

Allan Holdsworth
(Not strictly speaking a band but who needs one when you can play like that)

fingalmacool
05-Nov-08, 17:53
:confusedI also had to think hard, and it was between The Average,,,Alex Harvey,, but decided that it had to be,,,The Rubber.

I thank you!!!!!:confused

Gizmo
06-Nov-08, 01:41
Metallica, they made being an 80's teenager sooooooo much fun :)

Metalattakk
06-Nov-08, 02:44
To be honest, it's a question that cannot be answered.

Iron Maiden, Status Quo, Twisted Sister, Life After Death, Company Of Wolves, Princess Pang, Black Sabbath, Dio, Freedom Call, AC/DC, Dream Evil, Jethro Tull, Rose Tattoo, Blind Guardian, Def Leppard, Rock Goddess, Metallica, Spinal Tap, Rammstein, Tyketto, Nuclear Valdez, Bad News and ...er...ABBA.

One of the above (and there's plenty I've missed out).

hotrod4
06-Nov-08, 05:50
Favourite band for me is a toughie!

Would have to have a top 3(in no particular order)

Goo Goo Dolls
Oasis
Evermore:http://www.myspace.com/evermore (Brilliant under rated band)

The Pepsi Challenge
06-Nov-08, 06:38

Iron Maiden, Status Quo, Twisted Sister, Life After Death, Company Of Wolves, Princess Pang, Black Sabbath, Dio, Freedom Call, AC/DC, Dream Evil, Jethro Tull, Rose Tattoo, Blind Guardian, Def Leppard, Rock Goddess, Metallica, Spinal Tap, Rammstein, Tyketto, Nuclear Valdez, Bad News and ...er...ABBA.

Does your mother know Tyketto are actually more uncool than Winger? I respect you for listing that.

moncur
06-Nov-08, 09:27
Bad News

Bad News ftw!

Metalattakk
06-Nov-08, 13:26
Does your mother know Tyketto are actually more uncool than Winger? I respect you for listing that.

I just like the music I like, whether it's 'cool' or not. Mostly not, but then being 'cool' isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Invisible
06-Nov-08, 14:53

Whats so uncool about Winger?

hotrod4
06-Nov-08, 19:00

Question: Did you like the Scott and Charlene wedding on Neighbours all them years ago?

SUDDENLY YOU'RE SEEING ME, JUST THE WAY I AM! :)

Nibbler
06-Nov-08, 19:46
I just canna see past Queen.

They lasted through a few years (or should I say decades) and would have gone on longer if Freddie hadn't been taken from us (afore his time) :~(

Their music covered a wide spectrum and Freddie had the voice to match.

Of the bands nowadays, I haven't got a favourite. Just listen to the radio and know what I like but never catch who sang it:eek:!!

Gizmo
06-Nov-08, 19:48

Eh excuse me, Tyketto have NEVER been as uncool as Winger, Tyketto are actually a highly respected band within the melodic rock genre, and they are still going strong having just played (again) at this years Firefest show, my mate Tony who plays in Tyketto singer Danny Vaughns band played with them at this years show as Tyketto guitarist Brooke St James was unable to play, there is also talk of a new Tyketto album sometime.

Gizmo
06-Nov-08, 19:52
Whats so uncool about Winger?

Absolutely nothing, Winger are a great band with a whole host of classic melodic rock songs, their debut album is one of the finest melodic rock albums ever released, Winger just got a real bad rap because of their image, Beavis & Butthead didnt really help either...:lol:

GGS
06-Nov-08, 21:07
Stiff Little Fingers

Invisible
06-Nov-08, 21:36
Absolutely nothing, Winger are a great band with a whole host of classic melodic rock songs, their debut album is one of the finest melodic rock albums ever released, Winger just got a real bad rap because of their image, Beavis & Butthead didnt really help either...:lol:

Thanks for that info. Kip Rocks!

futurelegends
06-Nov-08, 22:57
Pink Floyd, Say no More!!

Metalattakk
06-Nov-08, 23:54
Question: Did you like the Scott and Charlene wedding on Neighbours all them years ago?

SUDDENLY YOU'RE SEEING ME, JUST THE WAY I AM! :)

Answer: No. But I can forgive Angry Anderson one small discretion, in lieu of those stellar first two Tatts albums. ;)

Eh excuse me, Tyketto have NEVER been as uncool as Winger, Tyketto are actually a highly respected band within the melodic rock genre, and they are still going strong having just played (again) at this years Firefest show, my mate Tony who plays in Tyketto singer Danny Vaughns band played with them at this years show as Tyketto guitarist Brooke St James was unable to play, there is also talk of a new Tyketto album sometime.

You tell him, Gizmo. Best live performance of any band I've ever seen, twice. '93 in the Cathouse in Glasgow & '94 in somewhere else in Glasgow I can't remember. Danny Vaughn has the best voice I've ever heard.

The two From The Inside albums are classic Tyketto. If there's any Glasgow/Scottish gigs in the future, I'll be there. No doubts.

hotrod4
07-Nov-08, 16:57
Stiff Little Fingers

They are sheer magic!!!!
I was still well into them in the 80's when they werent so "punk"
Even bought "No sleep til Belfast" on bootleg.
They happen to have one of the best bass players ever in Bruce Foxton!!!!

zebedy
07-Nov-08, 19:07
Favourite band - Biffy Clyro

2nd & 3rd & 4th - Reuben (RIP) & Twin Atlantic & Sucioperro

Blast!
08-Nov-08, 10:13
No idea. There are too many to choose from.

youoldduffer
08-Nov-08, 12:07
Motley crue.
SLF man that brought back some memories, gonna put all the best on now.
Stranglers.
Harem Scarem
dreamtheater

Happy Rascal
08-Nov-08, 15:55
My favorite band are The Killers Maroon 5

Gizmo
08-Nov-08, 21:54
You tell him, Gizmo. Best live performance of any band I've ever seen, twice. '93 in the Cathouse in Glasgow & '94 in somewhere else in Glasgow I can't remember. Danny Vaughn has the best voice I've ever heard.

The two From The Inside albums are classic Tyketto. If there's any Glasgow/Scottish gigs in the future, I'll be there. No doubts.

I saw them around 91/92 supporting White Lion, they blew White Lion off the stage, fantastic live band, Forever Young is a timeless classic and one of my favourite hard rock riffs ever.

loganbiffy
09-Nov-08, 11:46
So hard to choose, there is so many but i grew up with Nirvana and their music just does not get old, so I guess it is Nirvana.

Amy-Winehouse
21-Nov-08, 21:26
James, saw them at TITP last year & they were fantastic

Killers , Kasabian, Razorlight were pretty good as well

Deemac
22-Nov-08, 00:34
Rush - keeps me feeling young :-)))