PDA

View Full Version : what are the rules - I'm confused!

nicnak
20-Jan-06, 14:32
Could someone please enlighten me I am somewhat confused by the suspension/ban system on the board. If someone is suspended or banned can they still log on to the board?
If they can log on can they still place posts or recieve pm's?
also if someone is banned can they come straight back on under a new name?
many thanks

Niall Fernie
20-Jan-06, 16:29
Once a user has been transferred to the "suspended users" group they can still log on to the forum, but they will not be able to read or post anything, main forum or PMs.

If a user decides not to log out whilst suspended they will be stuck with this.

If however, they do log out then they will be able to read (but not post) everything that is available to the public in the same way that anyone in the world can.

If someone who has been suspended decides they would like another account and have another e-mail address (our policy is one account per e-mail address) then they will be able to sign up again with another name. Our set of pre-banned domains (ie webmail accounts) mainly prevents this from happening as users have to use an ISP account or similar.

DW
20-Jan-06, 16:54
Could someone please enlighten me I am somewhat confused by the suspension/ban system on the board. If someone is suspended or banned can they still log on to the board?
If they can log on can they still place posts or recieve pm's?
also if someone is banned can they come straight back on under a new name?
many thanks

What really confuses me is that if one masks a word using other characters e.g. *****. then one gets banned.
But in the FAQ under
Why Have some of the words in my post been blanked?
the answer is
Certain words may have been censored by the administrator. If your posts contain any censored words, they will be blanked-out like this: ###############.

The same words are censored for all users, and censoring is done by a computer simply searching and replacing words. It is in no way 'intelligent'.

So why does one get banned for blanking????
Is it just me or is it inconsistent!